Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

A review of Jaquline Pearces possibly last U.K performance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: A review of Jaquline Pearces possibly last U.K performance Reply with quote

Fuchsia : A review… from someone who doesn’t know very much.

Sponsored by Volvic
Well despite the weather and the resultant travel chaos a 7 strong team of Horizon stalwarts eventually turned up at the easily missed White Bear Theatre pub. (I doubt that the place could hold more than 45 to fifty people.) I also doubt if any member of the audience were more than 15 feet from the cast. So it’s a tribute to this tiny establishment that not only has it won a Time Out award but that it was able to hold such a large cast production three, including our Jacqueline Pearce having had television roles. I was also impressed with the quality of the lighting effects available.

Now the title of the play is confusing, No character in the play has that name, nor is any person bearing that name mentioned. Also for anyone intending to see this production
it is not suitable for children. There are mentions of drug taking (Hence the fact that every cast member at some stage is carrying a bottle of water) and hints of and a minor scene of sexual violence. But there is nothing of an explicit nature. You might be made to feel uncomfortable in certain scenes if you are of a sensitive disposition. Not is this a play that has a firm plotline… It is more a series of vignettes in which (With the exception of the character of Bridget… the most “normal” of the cast and I suspect left out of this process due to time restraints) The characters either have secrets of their past revealed or they confess them. But there is a conclusion.

Guy meets up again by shear chance his “perfect” man in a club that (I’m assuming from the tatty leather sofa.) Is a little passed its prime but still popular. Who left him years ago with an obscure line and disappeared from the gay scene. Since then he has improved his physic but has fallen into the trap of an abusive relationship. (With Hunter whom we meet and find instantly detestable) Edward Guys dream date doesn’t even remember Guy but he has been though a lot since that one night stand but has emerged as a more compassionate person. Deborah Morris an actress returning to her homeland after the cancellation of her successful series in America and old friend of Edwards meets with Guy and his friend and across the road neighbour Bridget both gushing fans with Bridget being one of those people who doesn’t seem to know when to shut up. Deborah has returned to take the lead role in a play written by (and based on the life of) Amanda (Jacqueline Pearce) Deborah’s marriage has also broken up with the infidelity of her husband. Can she find happiness with her old student friend despite the confession that he is a monogamist bisexual? The Play which only has one set revolves around Amanda who owns the club and has built it on the earnings of her previous life as a (High class how could Jacqueline in a role written for he be anything else?) Prostitute. But don’t think that this play is all hand wringing. For Amanda and Edward have been though trials and have emerged with a special, spiritual talent.(Don’t be scarred, theres no god bothering or preaching). Can they help heal the damaged Deborah and the even more damaged Guy?

All the cast performed well which must be especially difficult in such a small theatre with the audience so close. It must have been even harder for those in the role of Bridget (as the role was small ) and Hunter (Who’s part was even smaller but had the right balance of menace) It also must have been difficult to keep a straight face when he has water poured over him. Guy seemed to be “channelling” Graham Norton at the start, but he bears a strong physical resemblance and might be just me. Amanda the doyenne has the best lines as she passes out advice and comment with humour but without sounding that she is preaching.

And now we come to the surprise part. Now those who know me will tell you folks that when it comes to encountering members of the cast I have a problem. I am scared stiff of them. Even though I have no reason to be . But that night a miracle occurred (Well the nearest I will ever get to a miracle) By shear accident I found myself sitting next to Jacqueline after the play. For once… I WASN`T scared and I didn’t hide. (Not that there was anywhere FOR me to hide without diving under the table) I mean I even had the guts to… ask her a question. We had a conversation… Jacqueline even complimented me on my jewellery. ( I so rarely get out that I tend to go over the top in what I wear… one day I WILL stop dressing like a dogs dinner… but that’ll be when I’m dead. Although little Miss paranoia that I am I am wondering if I’d broken some cardinal rule of not wearing bigger stones than the star… or perhaps the stage lights were bouncing off the cubic zirconia and into the casts eyes?)

Now I know that it is very unlikely that Jacqueline will ever get to read this. But if a second miracle occurs and our gracious Servalan dose… I would like to save a very heartfelt thankyou. And if you guys will sponsor me I’ll do a bungee jump to provide some money for those darling velvet monkeys. Yes I do mean it… But don’t think I’m doing it naked. Alright I’ll do it naked but only if there’s at least a couple of thousand involved… (For five thousand I’ll push Henry “don’t mention the galactic war Eggleton” off too. )

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: A review of Jaquline Pearces possibly last U.K performan Reply with quote

THE DOCTOR ALT 8 wrote:
But that night a miracle occurred (Well the nearest I will ever get to a miracle) By shear accident I found myself sitting next to Jacqueline after the play. For once… I WASN`T scared and I didn’t hide.

Just wondering if you came away with an autograph.
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't ask for one myself, but Jacqueline gave pleanty away to those who wanted one...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some photos of after the performance...

[/img]

Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, bloody WOW!!!!!

Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's still got an amazing smile
ZEN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:

Hasn't she just - only had the pleasure of ever meeting her once! - hopefully not the last chance. Alas there is a sadness in her eyes that the warmness of her smile does not reach!
!

Recognised a few faces on those pictures

Oh, and Doc, you dont look like a "dogs dinner" No Smiley Behave ya self

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 361
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright.
Kittens dinner then!!!

Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:
Cockroach Boy wrote:

Hasn't she just - only had the pleasure of ever meeting her once! - hopefully not the last chance. Alas there is a sadness in her eyes that the warmness of her smile does not reach!

I really enjoyed the Myth Makers interview with her but I was surprised at what a hard life she's had. Genuinelly fascinating and unique person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: