Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

why wasn't cally the second lead in season 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: why wasn't cally the second lead in season 3 Reply with quote

This seems the logical choice, as she would have provided a moral counterweight to avon. Instead she just seemed like one of his followers.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think the idea was to give Steven Pacey the role vacated by Blake and to present us with another female lead in Dayna - cant say it really worked as I reckon season 3 is the worst of the Four B7 seasons!
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
Think the idea was to give Steven Pacey the role vacated by Blake and to present us with another female lead in Dayna - cant say it really worked as I reckon season 3 is the worst of the Four B7 seasons!

Yeah, I'm having serious trouble getting motivated to watch those eps again.
pickle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that strikes me as something of a waste. cally was one of the very few people who could actually rein avon in. i wonder if there was an assumption that both leads had to be male. i don't recall dayna leading much of anything.

wonder too what was behind the decision to have the federation destroyed so the crew had no purpose. was there no other way to progress the story arc after B13?
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s why the first two seasons are the definite B7 - series 3 is a mish mash of badly put together stories that dont really go anywhere - except maybe TERMINAL!
pickle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Blake was a hard act to follow. I too don't understand what was happening in s.3. Or s.4, for that matter.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 3 is always going to have a special place in my heart because it was the first one I saw. I agree it's inconsistent, but there are still some superb episodes - Aftermath, City at the Edge of the World, Death Watch and Terminal are all excellent. Unlike most people I like Sacophogus - yes its not very much like a B7 episode, but any series worth its salt will test its format from time to time.
dave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarrant replaced Blake not just in a leadership role but was also there to antagonise Avon - ie replace Blake!

Whilest having Cally trying to counter Avon could have made for some interesting story lines they did what they did and it worked.

I like S3. Yes the lack of story arc is a negative but there's some great stories and even the bad episodes at least always have "something happening" which makes then much more watchable than a lot of S1.
Cats

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actress who portrayed Cally went off to do Lady MacBeth in the
Scottish play.
B7 script writers had to scramble to fit Dayna/Josette into the mix.
Notice the age difference between Dayna and Justin
pickle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching Powerplay at the moment. Avon has suddenly become cool, for some reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: