Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

numerology
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickle

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: numerology Reply with quote

In episode one, the number 322 is visible when blake first learns of his brainwashing by the federation. in genesis 3:22 signifies the birth of evil. The final flier that avon drives to his final defeat has '911' on the side - a number with many sinister connotations.

Has anyone else noticed the use of numbers in this way in blake's 7?
white afro in space

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, that 9/11 flyer preys on my mind
RichardWho

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just co-incidence myself!

Still there's a lot of people that believe in numerology. Including, it is rumoured, Prince Charles. According to one rumour, if he does become King, he will reign as George VII, not Charles III, as 7 is supposed to be a lucky number whereas 3 unlucky. (In the Middle Ages there was a Charles III of Sicily who was assasinated and a Charles III of France who was deposed. Prince Charles's second name is George so he would be following the precedent set by his great-great grandfather Edward VII and also his grandfather George VI who both used their second names to reign under (otherwise they'd have been Albert I and II respectively!!))
pickle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess people who don't believe in it will find it to be so much superstition. Privately, I can't think that 911 on the "death cab" (of all numbers) was a coincidence.

3:22 genesis refers to the fall of man after he attains knowledge. I think it was very cleverly done.
hogswine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not in the slightest bit superstitious but I found this the other day. It may amuse you all:

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/curse.asp

Yes, George W. Bush was first elected in a year ending in "0" so he may not see out his second term after all.

There is some strange part in me that likes stories like this and that other old one that tries to highlight all of teh coincidences between the assassinations of Kennedy and Lincoln.
pickle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for Bush.
hogswine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for the thousands of innocent Iraqi and Afghan citizens the warmonger has killed.
pickle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who could not?

So do the numbers 9 and 11 have any significance? According to the nineteenth century Anglican cleric, EW Bullinger, the number
nine (9) symbolizes divine judgment or finality while the number eleven (11) symbolizes disorder, disorganization, imperfection and
disintegration (Bullinger 1967 pp. 235, 242, 251).
Cats

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: numerology Reply with quote

pickle wrote:
In episode one, the number 322 is visible when blake first learns of his brainwashing by the federation. in genesis 3:22 signifies the birth of evil. The final flier that avon drives to his final defeat has '911' on the side - a number with many sinister connotations.

Has anyone else noticed the use of numbers in this way in blake's 7?

I have noticed it and posted about it on another forum
Did you notice the 2 tall and one smaller upright oblong shaped
objects next to the 911?
2 large buildings and one smaller were casualties on 911
Cats

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

322 and 911
3+2+2=7
9+1=10+1=11 1+1=2
full circle
7+2=9

played around with this stuff since I was a kid
322+911=1233
1+2=3+3+3=9
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:
I think it's just co-incidence myself!

Still there's a lot of people that believe in numerology. Including, it is rumoured, Prince Charles. According to one rumour, if he does become King, he will reign as George VII, not Charles III, as 7 is supposed to be a lucky number whereas 3 unlucky. (In the Middle Ages there was a Charles III of Sicily who was assasinated and a Charles III of France who was deposed. Prince Charles's second name is George so he would be following the precedent set by his great-great grandfather Edward VII and also his grandfather George VI who both used their second names to reign under (otherwise they'd have been Albert I and II respectively!!))

George is actually his fourth name (Charles Philip Arthur George) but who's counting!

As for the 911 - well that is obviously just a coincidence. I don't believe that Bin Laden watched an episode of Blake's 7 and thought I know, wouldn't it be a jolly wheeze to do this nasty thing to coincide with that number.

As for the Genesis reference - well that may well have been the producer/director's little in-joke.
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well now," - 7 itself is supposed to be a LUCKY number (but wasn't exactly that most of the time) for our Heroes, was it??

Also, 13 is supposed to be an, equally, Unlucky number - SO, in that case why have 13 episodes in a season?? AS, "B7" had and, many series have had inclluding the NEW "WHO"!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 is (or at least was) the standard number of episodes per season for 50 minute dramas. Blake's 7 was no different in that regard.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

42!
Rojblake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:
42!

Now, you are just being silly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: