Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Character discussion: Tarrant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Character discussion: Tarrant Reply with quote

Well, fans seem to be split down the middle on Tarrant, half canít stand him and the other half despise him. They probably remember things like bullying Vila, annoying Avon and not dying in Blake on the Scorpio, thus getting everyone killed. First episode aside, his characterís been pretty consistent. He doesnít shy away from danger and doesnít mind risking his life for the good of the crew. If you consider Avon the father of the crew then Tarrant would be the older rebellious son who takes care of his siblings when dadís not around.

Hereís my take on the character; I see Tarrant as the captain of a high school football team. Heís not the best player but he is the most vocal. Heís the one who will get in a teammateís face if he messes up and will be the first one to congratulate him when he does well. Heís the one who gets his team motivated before a game and the first one off the bench in a team brawl. He probably considers himself the ultimate team player. I specifically didnít say coach of the team because he goes on emotion rather than planning.

Personally I prefer Tarrant when he acts like the first officer with Avon being the captain rather than the two men sniping at each other. I get the feeling that is Pacey enjoyed playing the character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: