Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

The Seven Live On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inge

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: The Seven Live On Reply with quote

Just finished reading the first three of the fanfiction series "The Seven Live On" which is US published, I believe. Good stories pre and PGP. The Delta Base series deals with our heroes being rescued by a recovered Blake and Soolin's cousin Rae.
A great read.
Now all I have to do is find the rest of the series as it runs to 11 zines in total.
inge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is on ebay with 2 days to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=377&item=6920441233&rd=1

The Seven live On, is a great fanzine, I have it & recommend it highly. An excellent series 5 zine.
Quason

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi inge,i'm new here.
I recall something years ago about B7-The Rebirth.I think the BBC were at one point going to bring them back.It was a traumatic experience for me to see all my friends killed at 13.I remember it all in the papers.Still can't get over it.
Solstice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quason wrote:
Hi inge,i'm new here.
I recall something years ago about B7-The Rebirth.I think the BBC were at one point going to bring them back.It was a traumatic experience for me to see all my friends killed at 13.I remember it all in the papers.Still can't get over it.

Is killing off the entire bunch rah rah rah a BBC thing?
Did the same thing in a Black Adder episode. It was so
not necessary. I joked, the BBC did not take down Avon
because Paul Darrow's fans would have taken down BBC.

I am going to try and get to some zine cons this year because
you can see everything up close and personal. Most fans will
volunteer info and story lines at the drop of a hat (willingly)
inge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have those types of conventions here and even if we did they would probably be in Sydney or Melbourne, definitely not Adelaide.
Quason

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the plan was to kill them off after the second and third series,but people changed their minds.
The overall lesson to learn from it all is,"You can't disobey the Authorities!"
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that Blake was never intended to be tyhe final episode. Boucher has gone on record as saying he had three or four plots to get them out of the trap. Those that wanted to stay dead, they would be, the others stunned.

It was the BBC that had other ideas.

I would agree that many other BBC series did have the same idea - Blackadder 1, 2 & 4 (but the last one wasn't unexpected), The Young Ones, Red Dwarf, but those are the only ones that spring to mind.
Kaz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Paul and Jackie said at StarOne that although they would have liked to have done more, Blake's 7 had really run its course, which was a shame.
Quason

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall at the end of season one the Liberator was *seen* to be blown up.The beginning of the next showed the crew watching it all on a monitor,so it was all just a simulation.
Having them all merely stunned in Blake is out of the question as they had explosives fitted inside their suits on filming,so couldn't we have a Blake/Avon secret plan wherein they all appear to get killed?Avon could have covertly been in contact with Blake all along and may even have been forced to find Blake,if they weren't after all friends.This is something quite neat and avoids the messy rebirth idea which forces us into alternative realities and mysticism,which is more in the realm of Star Trek.B7 is strictly down to earth,grim and British.
Quason

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any path followed on this will need to be simple and concise,especially as they've all been dead for 25 years.The time may not be right yet.Tastes come and go.Star Trek is not mainsteam at the moment but look what happened with the original,not to mention the comeback of Doctor Who.More experiments like the B7 radio broadcast a few years ago could get things moving.
As for a Hollywood movie actually called B7,that's off limits as far as i'm concerned and i'm sure most of you on here would agree.B7 is British.Hollywood would make a too glitzy over the top copy with too much of well known actors' *real* selves in it.It would i fear snuff out any possible BBC venture.
Starkers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, if B7 ever came back I'd want the BBC to do it, depends if they can get the rights back from the group that now have them I suppose.
DrNo68

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.

Bring it back. Have the BBC make it themselves.

Any number of scenarios could play out and have a number of the characters survive.

But I personally would want the return of the Liberator. In my opinion it was one of the characters. A 21st century version (CGI) would be great. It could have 'Autorepaired' if we also introduce newer technology, as suggested earlier in this forum, with nanobot technology cordinating the auto repair. It would be part of the nervous system that was Zen (who also needs to come back).

I beleive that the new series should include:

The Liberator
The handguns from it (they were very cool)
Teleport bracelets

I realise that I have strayed into props, however look at the new Dr Who, they couldn't possibly have redone it without the 'Blue Police Box'. It would not have worked.

I think that B7 needs some of the old incorporated into the new.

Jsut some thoughts from an Australian fan. Avon
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inge wrote:
We don't have those types of conventions here and even if we did they would probably be in Sydney or Melbourne, definitely not Adelaide.

Hi Inge... Wave ..

Speaking of conventions etc I was thinking of having one here in Melbourne like they had in England seen the pics' etc & they look like they had a ball...At least now they can put a face as 2 whom they were chatting with in the Chatrrom.

I've e-mailed some members of this Forum & chatroom & am waiting some replies,recieved some back that declined due 2 heavy work loads & family commitments etc..... ...

Still we'll see what happenes ....let me know what Y'r views R here & if one is on will U B able 2 attend?

Cheers Inge...
Pilot..
Melbourne, Australia
The Penal Settlement
Where Servalan is Supreme Commander.. Yes Smiley
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solstice wrote:
Quason wrote:
Hi inge,i'm new here.

Is killing off the entire bunch rah rah rah a BBC thing?
Did the same thing in a Black Adder episode. It was so
not necessary. I joked, the BBC did not take down Avon
because Paul Darrow's fans would have taken down BBC.

I am going to try and get to some zine cons this year because
you can see everything up close and personal. Most fans will
volunteer info and story lines at the drop of a hat (willingly)

Hi Sols'

Glad 2 see U here apart from PD site.....

Cheers Sols'
Pilot
Melbourne Australia
The Penal Settlement
Where Servalan is Supreme Commander...
inge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot said:
Quote:

Speaking of conventions etc I was thinking of having one here in Melbourne like they had in England seen the pics' etc & they look like they had a ball...At least now they can put a face as 2 whom they were chatting with in the Chatrrom.

I've e-mailed some members of this Forum & chatroom & am waiting some replies,recieved some back that declined due 2 heavy work loads & family commitments etc..... ...

Still we'll see what happenes ....let me know what Y'r views R here & if one is on will U B able 2 attend?

That would be fantastic!
I'm in Adelaide, not too far away and have relatives in Melbourne.
Depending on dates I would love to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: