Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode A1:The Way Back
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard1978

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*My First Post*

It was amused that the records computer operator is played by Nigel Lambert, who was the narrator of the first series of Look Around You.

Is Alta Morag the only woman referred to by her surname?

I know it's been suggested that all women & lower class men are referred by their first names; & upper class men by their surnames. Has this been mentioned before?
Ron

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard1978 wrote:
*My First Post*

I know it's been suggested that all women & lower class men are referred by their first names; & upper class men by their surnames. Has this been mentioned before?

Vila wouldn’t agree with that!
Mary Lou Jensen

Location: Bowels of a disused space station with Hudson (shoot me now!)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this episode, and it wa the first one I saw. I think if I had come in on some of the later episodes I might not have carried on watching it, after all we already had American shows with shoot 'em ups in, and better special effects, but because this had such a well written plot that brought you in and made you want to know more about Blake and the Federation, it kept me there with them.

Very interesting reading about the children - I'll have to watch that again.

I wonder if Blake ever fully got his memories back of the time before his brainwashing.
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only saw B7 when it was originally broadcast from the second episode, so I never saw "The Way Back" until about 20 years later when I got the video!

Maybe that was best when I was a kid, coz I might have found it slow going whereas "Space Fall" had a bit more action in it and spaceships and stuff

People have said that "The Way Back" is a bit slow and could put off potential B7 converts if they see it as a first ep, but when I saw it in 1998 I really liked it and was impressed by the portrayal of the Federation machinations and their will and ability to destroy and manipulate someone's personality... When Blake's "intensive therapy" was revealed it was pretty shocking stuff I thought, as was the Federation's willingness to frame him for child abuse (presumably afflicting the children involved with traumatic memories that they would believe were real) and then have a show trial... Heavy stuff!

I originally got the tape with the first two eps because I thought it might be a bit of a nostalgia trip and maybe a bit of a larf with some 70s sci-fi naffness (which it was ) but by the time I'd finished watching it I thought it was really powerful stuff and I was hooked from there

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, people have always underestimated the show just because of the low budget props (mind you some of them were pretty good - for the BBC). It would be interesting, now that we safely have the original series out on DVD and in our sticky little hands, if someone could come along and give it an update in the effects area like they did original Trek. Maybe it would stop Jenna and then Tarrant from Driving Liberator sideways at times.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hardly knew anything about b7 when i first saw the first ep...i was hooked from the first minute in.....i think its the script that really holds the attention very well constructed and acted
Mary Lou Jensen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally, and the very idea of this - one man decides to take on the government, he gets together with a whole bunch of other people and together they plan to take this bad government down.

How many revolutions have started like this in history, and here they are taking a very real thing, and making it into a futuristic television series.

It's always best, they say, to stay close to reality when you write ficton/fantasy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is the characters and thier flaws that make the whole thing so interesting i dont think it wouldnt have worked as well if they had all been perfect and totally good people...i mean blake is the most flawed of them all in my opinion...totally totally driven with little or no regard to his shipmates at times..totally focused on doing what he thinks is right regardless of what his shipmates thought!!
Mary Lou Jensen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! He tends to forget that it might be his fight by choice, but its their fight by accident. The only other person that set out in the story to fight the federation was Cally, she was a rebel when she joined the group.

The others - Avon and Villa were thieves, Jenna was a smuggler, Gan......did we ever find out what Gan was convicted of? (If ever there was a character short changed it was this poor guy, I coulda done so much with his character!)

For Blake is was more a matter of revenge than revolution in the end

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Lou Jensen wrote:
Absolutely! He tends to forget that it might be his fight by choice, but its their fight by accident. The only other person that set out in the story to fight the federation was Cally, she was a rebel when she joined the group.

The others - Avon and Villa were thieves, Jenna was a smuggler, Gan......did we ever find out what Gan was convicted of? (If ever there was a character short changed it was this poor guy, I coulda done so much with his character!)

For Blake is was more a matter of revenge than revolution in the end

i think the others stayed with him so long because they had no other choice...blake made them too visable..
i think gan killed a guard who hurt his girlfriend...thats why he had the limiter...yeah i think they should have done loads more with his character...i think he could have either been secretly more evil than the others or actually totally blameless and only hurt the guard defending what he loved....therefore he could have had a totally different approach to everything and could have been used as a total oposite to blake and avon...
Mary Lou Jensen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about if Gan had turned out to be a spy, put onto the ship to keep an eye on Blake and the limited was actually something to control him by.....or is that just a little too far over the top?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Lou Jensen wrote:
How about if Gan had turned out to be a spy, put onto the ship to keep an eye on Blake and the limited was actually something to control him by.....or is that just a little too far over the top?

ooo great idea that i can see it now...recieving orders and transmitting reports in his sleep....so he didnt know he was a spy....ooo FANFICTION..........
Mary Lou Jensen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH that's good, he didn't know he was being controlled - now I really like that twist to the story - oh god, it's got my mind going now hehehehehe

Okay, so who would be behind this scheme? (I love what if situations!!!!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Lou Jensen wrote:
OH that's good, he didn't know he was being controlled - now I really like that twist to the story - oh god, it's got my mind going now hehehehehe

Okay, so who would be behind this scheme? (I love what if situations!!!!)
hmmm..perhaps they only wanted to know what was going on on the prison planet...but i bet they were glad when they found out he was one of blakes men...maybe them trying to control him caused his breakdown.....
Mary Lou Jensen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the breakdown point, very good, they blew his fuse at it were.

As for knowing what was going on on the prison planet - why would they want to know that? (Tell me more, I'm intrigued now)

Wouldn't they have known that Blake ws on the transport when they put Gan on it? I mean we don't really know if he was there before or after Blake turned up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: