Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Offspring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Offspring Reply with quote

Iíve been working on a Blakeís 7 fanfic for some time now(which Iíll probably never finish) which takes place in the future and uses the premise that some B7 characters had children. The story involves the Federation, whatís left of the rebellion, the System, the Andromedas and revolves around children and grandchildren of some familiar characters. The plot Iíll discuss some other time, right now Iíd like to share my thoughts on the chances that some characters may have had kids and hopefully get yours.

Note : Iím going under the assumption that birth control is simple and common place for both sexes and having a child is by choice on most planets.

Blake: Possible
May have had offspring before being brainwashed but unlikely.
A strong possibility he may have had children with Jenna after Star One.

Blakeís clone: Possible
Possibly had offspring with Rashel assuming clones can reproduce.

Avon: Doubtful
May have had a child with Ana or some other past love but doubtful. I think he would have made an effort to find him/her, assuming he knew.

Vila: Possible
May have had offspring before meeting Blake or even after, perhaps with Kerril. He doesnít strike me as the type that would accept responsibility so he wouldnít mention it or care.

Gan: Doubtful
May have had children with his woman but doubtful. He would have mentioned it.

Jenna: Very possible
May have had a child before meeting Blake but unlikely.
Possibly had a child with Blake after fleeing Liberator. I donít believe she died so she could have had a child with someone after Gauda Prime.

I'll continue this later.
thunda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cally: Doubtful
May have had a child before meeting Blake but unlikely.
Her twin may have had a child or they could have clones.

Dayna: Highly unlikely
Sheís too young to have had children but she may have had siblings, perhaps on earth.

Lauren(Daynaís adopted sister): Highly unlikely
Again, too young, but it would be interesting if she had siblings.

Soolin: Doubtful
With her history and profession I doubt she had offspring but may have had siblings but doubtful. Perhaps adopted brothers or sisters from the family that raised her.

Tarrant: Possible
May have had offspring but doubtful, heís too responsible to leave them, unless it was to protect them. Hmmm. His brother may have had children but doubtful. Perhaps other siblings?
thunda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Servalan: Very unlikely
Doubtful she had a child but may have had clones. May have had siblings but also doubtful.

Travis: Very unlikely
Doubtful he had any offspring but may have been cloned without his knowledge. Possibly cells put in storage until Federation acquires cloning technology.

Thatís all I can think of with the main characters but now comes the fun part, the one episode characters. Now we can let our speculations run wild. Lots of these characters like Raiker, Vargas, Tarvin could have offspring but Iíll stick to the ones that offer the most amount of potential for a story. After I get some sleep.
thunda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensor: Possible
Had one son who died but may have had more children, perhaps on other planets. This would open the door for lots of potential plots. He/she could be a genius like their father and perhaps create another Orac or they could reclaim the original Orac. Perhaps an over-ride occurs when Orac recognizes an Ensor family member and will only continue to function for that person. Actually, Iíve always wondered who Orac legally belongs to. Avon tells Dorian it was bequeathed to an associate who bequeathed it to him, but thatís not exactly true is it? A nice little subplot.
Every scifi story needs a genius, I figure a Ensor would fit in quite nicely. Also he/she could be Federation or Rebel.

Ensor Jr.: Very possible
I find it hard to believe that he and his father lived on a planet with only each other for company for thirty years. I can understand a son wanting to help and care for his father but there is also the need for other forms of companionship. It seems reasonable that he may have had offspring with a girlfriend or wife on another planet that he would visit. That would be a good reason why he wanted to sell Orac. As above, the potential is good. Iím sure the children would like to find out what happened to their father and grandfather and how Orac landed in the hands of Blake. Depending on what they learned could be the difference on becoming Federation or Rebel. They might also want a little revenge.
thunda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maryatt: Definite
Doctor that saved Travis and died with Ensor jr..
Excellent potential. Imagine this: Youíre one of two kids, your fatherís a respected surgeon, you live in a nice house, youíre happy. Then one day troopers storm into your home and drag you and your family out and put you all into slavery.
For years you live with the shame that your dad deserted the Federation and abandoned his family. You grow up tough and bitter. And to make it worse what if one day you discover what you were told was a lie and your father was killed as part of a scheme for Servalan to get a computer? You might be a little perturbed to say the least. You might devote the rest of your life trying to destroy the Federation. I love revenge sub-plots.

Dr. Plaxton: Possible
Itís conceivable she had offspring which she had to abandon. Not much potential unless you need a scientist with a familiar name, assuming her kids followed in her footsteps. Also, offspring might hold a grudge against the rebels if they find out what really happened to their mom. Personally Iíve always liked the name Plaxton, it sounds so sciencey. Perhaps Iíll use it to name the next generation photonic space drive the Plaxton Stardrive.

Vargas: Very likely
Iíve given him some more thought and I believe there could be some potential here. Most cult leaders like lots of wives and children so thereís a good chance Vargas would have kids. As far as his followers know after a fight with non-believers their leader disappeared into thin air, probably taken up to heaven by their god. So as they await the return of their messiah they accept his children as prophets and worship Vargas as some type of deity. This would be similar to The Church of Taren Capel from Kaldor City. Then you could have his disciples spreading their religion from planet to planet converting or killing everyone they come across.
This would be a good sub-plot if you want to make a social commentary about organized religion. The only drawback would be finding a plausible explanation that they are able to leave Cygnus Alpha.
SHARPBLUE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk & about.me/markkeen
thunda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHARPBLUE wrote:
Sounds good.

Thank you . I donít know yet which of these characters, if any, Iím going to use. Rather than go with the obvious ĎAvon survived Gauda Prime and is starting a new revolutioní I decided to attempt something new. So far I have a simple plot and some loose ideas which Iíll share later. As always, any suggestions, criticisms, comments welcome. Oh, Offspring is not the title of my story.

Dr. Muller: Possible
If he/she is half as smart as their dad, brilliant cyberneticist of the Robot Development Corp from Headhunter, you have someone capable of creating artificial intelligence. A.I.'s are always cool to have in scifi. Add to that he/she may be a bit unstable since their father was found decapitated in his lab, you have a good subplot. Iím assuming Avon never went back to return Mullerís head or explain what happened. Mad scientists are fun.

Senator Bercol, Secretary Rontane, Arbiter General Ven Glynd, Councilor Joban,Governor Le Grand: Possible
Slight potential. Second generation politicians(assuming they went in that direction) who can give you an inside look at the intricate workings within the Federation. Bercol and Rontaneís kids might be more conservative since their fathers were killed by Blake while Ven Glynd and Jobanís would be more liberal.

Carnell : Possible
Good potential. It really doesnít have to be Carnellís child but having a psychostrategist in a B7 story is a good way to advance the plot and explain things for the readerís benefit. It also wouldnít hurt to have a arrogant, pompous, know it all, scheming puppeteer as part of the crew.
thunda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tease/Synopsis

It has been over thirty years since the rebellion died on Guada Prime, since one man waged war on an empire, since the dream ended. But times have changed, there is enough food, available work, and taxes are low, the people are content. The Federation has expanded to encompass nearly the entire galaxy and all it asks of its citizens is obedience, loyalty and procreation. Above all else, procreation. But things are not always as they seem. The psychostratagists were the first to suspect the truth, they were the first to die. Before they fell they set a plan in motion that revolved around a name. A name that was capable of toppling kingdoms, slaying gods and uniting worlds. A name that people would believe in. A name that died thirty years ago yet lives on in legend.

On a small planet on the outskirts of space a woman will finally learn who her father was and in so doing lay claim to her birthright. With an experimental ship and a crew of Federation and rebels she will be called upon to unite enemies and forge alliances in an attempt to keep the human race from being eradicated. But will saving humanity mean allying herself with her fatherís enemies and saving everything he died trying to destroy? And how can she fight an enemy who can look like anyone? The war is over, now the battle begins.
thunda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC : Possible
I realize ORAC canít have offspring in the literal sense, but it can have upgrades or newer models. Make it smaller, give it holographic capabilities, partially sentient, this would make it closer to how future computers are projected to be. Whether the Federation found the original ORAC or not someone is bound to try to recreate it especially since Star One was destroyed. Having an arrogant, sentient computer with a personality replacing Control and now handling all Federation activity would be a good subplot because since itís sentient naturally it would want to enslave humanity( yes I realize Terminator, The Matrix, and plenty of others have done it). Instead of using robots to fight humans it could use Mutoids. Anyway, having a computer is a good way to advance the plot, especially a mobile one and having an ORAC in the future is the best way to inform the next generation about the original B7's exploits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: