Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Day of the Doctor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rojblake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Day of the Doctor Reply with quote

WOW - I thought it was fantastic. Having John Hurt regenerate into Chris E. was a great idea and quite unexpected Tom B at the end The new doctor showing up to help The way Rose was brought into proceeding very clever
KevinD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it worked for me.
AnnaGrant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it last night, having dodged spoilers since Saturday (apart from my son confirming Tom Baker's appearance).

I really enjoyed it, and especially liked spotting references to previous Doctors.

I had heard rumours the day or so before airing that TB might appear, so the spoiler from my son wasn't too much of a killer. For an old girl like me Tom Baker's cameo was just the best bit. 'Who's nose/who knows?'
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the daleks' homage to Blake's 7: "SEEK, LOCATE, DESTROY."
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thunda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw it recently. I liked it but didn't understand certain things, Futsie had to explain them to me. I'm still confused about the War Doctor, though. Was he fighting the Daleks for five hundred years? Was this in real time?
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oo, I hadn't really thought about that... I guess because of the time travel nature of the show being that the Doctor can nip off somewhere for a few hundred years, and then come back again only a minute after he left!

The amount by which his age seems to increase means there must be decades or centuries of stuff he gets up to that's never shown on screen...

Also, I thought the result of what the Doctor did to end the Time War meant that it never happened in the first place... or something like that... wibble ... (But then again, in an episode of the Eccleston series, one of the evolved "trees" knew he was a Time Lord and knew about the Time Lords' fate so maybe they weren't exactly erased from history...?)

Anyway, I suppose my point is that I took it for granted there was a War Doctor and he was fighting the Daleks in the Time War, but didn't think it mattered how long it went on for or when it happened... Or even that it was a good idea to think about it too much unless I wanted to get a headache (although I daresay there are some details in the dialogue that explain it)

And since the Doctor himself has gone through almost 3 incarnations since the War Doctor believing something other than what really happened, he's evidently as confused as we are ... and maybe there's more yet to be revealed...?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
Oo, I hadn't really thought about that... I guess because of the time travel nature of the show being that the Doctor can nip off somewhere for a few hundred years, and then come back again only a minute after he left!

The amount by which his age seems to increase means there must be decades or centuries of stuff he gets up to that's never shown on screen...

Also, I thought the result of what the Doctor did to end the Time War meant that it never happened in the first place... or something like that... wibble ... (But then again, in an episode of the Eccleston series, one of the evolved "trees" knew he was a Time Lord and knew about the Time Lords' fate so maybe they weren't exactly erased from history...?)

Anyway, I suppose my point is that I took it for granted there was a War Doctor and he was fighting the Daleks in the Time War, but didn't think it mattered how long it went on for or when it happened... Or even that it was a good idea to think about it too much unless I wanted to get a headache (although I daresay there are some details in the dialogue that explain it)

And since the Doctor himself has gone through almost 3 incarnations since the War Doctor believing something other than what really happened, he's evidently as confused as we are ... and maybe there's more yet to be revealed...?

Didn't even occur to me that ending the Time War would erase all events proving that it actually happened, but I seem to remember Eccleston encountering a captive Dalek who survived it. Perhaps he was an anamoly? Now my head is hurting .

The War Doctor claimed to be over 500 years old so I assumed the war lasted that long. It's possible it took place in some sort of 'time bubble' which might seem like the blink of an eye to us, but if it took place in regular time I was wondering did it take place in the past, or the future? Were other planets involved? Was Earth involed?
Time for an aspirin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Doctor Who All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: