Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

DIY like a Jedi Knight:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Other Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: DIY like a Jedi Knight: Reply with quote

The real-life lightsaber that can cut through paper, cardboard and even melt ping pong balls
Star Wars fan built the replica using a high-powered laser
Can be used to cut common household items

It is every Star Wars fan's dream - a working lightsaber that can destroy enemies in its path.
One US fan has even built his own using a high powered laser to make a replica capable of cutting through household objects.
A YouTube video shows the invention cutting through paper, tape and cardboard - and even melting a ping pong ball.
Scroll down for video

The lightsaber handle, which house the laser diode and the two large batteries needed to power it

The laser can output over 3000mW according to its creator, who named in 'The Beast'
The YouTube user who created the gadget has refused to reveal his identity- but claims the laser is legal in the US, where is is believed to be from.
'Here my BEAST 3000mW blue laser goes up against a bunch of flammable stuff,' he says.

'Most things light INSTANTLY when placed in the beam of this laser!
'This is the most powerful handheld laser that I've ever used!'
'This laser uses the new 9mm 450nm laser diode and runs on two 18650 Li Ion batteries,' said YouTube user styropyro, who calls himself 'The DIY Laser Guy'.

He has posted several videos of previous project to the video site, but said none were as close to the Star wars weapon as this version.
'I usually try to refrain from using the term 'lightsaber' when referring to my lasers but there really isn't much else out there to describe this laser.
'To be honest I don't even like handheld lasers this strong, but I knew by subscribers would like this! This laser is legal to own in the US, and I wore goggles while shooting this video.'
However, the commenters on the video has pointed out one fatal flaw with the device.
'This is all well and good, but you didn't test it against a dark lord of the Sith,' one said.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2332266/DIY-like-Jedi-Knight-The-real-life-lightsaber-cut-paper-cardboard-melt-ping-pong-balls.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Other Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: