Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Star Trek New Voyages - Original Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHARPBLUE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Star Trek New Voyages - Original Series Reply with quote

They've been doing this a few years now but it has to be said the episodes are pretty good and often original series cast members do cameo performances.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/

Star Trek New Voyages: Phase II is an award-winning independent webseries that produces new episodes of Classic Star Trek. Continuing the fourth and fifth seasons of the original series, we film the untold stories of the U.S.S. Enterprise, Captain Kirk, and his crew with the intention of filling in the missing years of the original five year mission, and bridging the gap to Star Trek: The Motion Picture. We are a group of fans who have come together with a common love for the classic era Star Trek for the purpose of having fun while making new episodes. It is the goal of Star Trek New Voyages: Phase II to support and promote the CBS/Paramount Star Trek franchise by giving fans an active way to continue their interest in Classic Star Trek.

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk & about.me/markkeen
Ron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they had some good ideas, such as one with the ageing Checkov (one of the cameos). Hope to try the first one sometime. Appeals far more to me than any of the Series that followed 'The Original Series'!
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, there's a coincidence, I was just reading about these episodes the other day and thinking I must check them out. Cameos from original cast members sounds pretty good, and one episode was even written by D.C. Fontana

According to wikipedia, there was an episode nominated for a Hugo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Phase_II_%28fan_series%29 wrote:

The Phase II episode "World Enough and Time" was nominated for the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form in 2008, alongside episodes of Doctor Who, Torchwood and Battlestar Galactica, but it lost out to the Doctor Who episode "Blink."[4]

(Hey, a web link as a quote "name", I wasn't sure that would work )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found them on youtube a few weeks back. Apart fom the actors of some characters changing about, it was highly enjoyable and Jim Cawley makes a far better Kirk than Shatner ever did. The CGI is outstanding.

Also look out for Starship Exeter. Two episodes so far set on the USS Exeter in the same timeframe.

Finally, a word for Hidden Frontier. Seven seasons and at least two spin offs. It's... Interesting. Some of the acting is terrible and the effects aren't bad but they don't have any sets and all the backgrounds are all green screen. However, they have quite a scope and vision and it is genuinely fun to watch.
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
I found them on youtube a few weeks back. Apart fom the actors of some characters changing about, it was highly enjoyable and Jim Cawley makes a far better Kirk than Shatner ever did. The CGI is outstanding.
Thanks for that , I only saw the three clips
Ron

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hoped this might have got a mention last night on Channel 5's 'Star Trek - The True Story', but no. Leonard Nimoy took part which was good. It dealt with the origins of the show and whether the Science Fiction had become fact. Quite good but I didn't believe all the stories about gene Roddenberry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: