Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Thunda's B7 License To Kill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 2
Everyone seems to have slacked up except for two people. Blake keeps it close but only manages second place again. First place had 10 kills with a Liberator firearm, 1 electrocution, and pushed 1 down a hill.

Season 2 Top Gun is:

Season 2 Totals:

Avon 12
Blake 9
Jenna 1
Zen 0
Vila 0
Gan 0
Cally 0

thunda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 3 had twice as many kills as season 2 and resulted in another tie so I'm using the 99 per cent miscellaneous rule again. First place had 9 1/2 kills with a Liberator firearm and 1 by destroying a gem which was acting as a power source.

Season 3 Top Gun is:

Season 3 Totals:

Avon 10 1/2
Tarrant 8 1/2 +(2*)
Dayna 9
Cally 2 +(1*)
Zen 2
Vila 0

thunda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 4 wasn't really close although Soolin makes a good effort with 17 1/2. First place with 16 using a Scorpio firearm, 4 with an electronic grenade, 2 by miscellaneous firearm, and also shooting 1 giant man-eating worm. For the third season in a row-

Season 4 Totals:

Avon 22 +(1*)
Soolin 17 1/2
Dayna 8 +(3*)
Tarrant 5 1/2
Blake 1
Vila 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------

First Kills

Zen - Space Fall - Psychic attack(?)
It's unclear how the guards died and how Zen's defense systems work.

Vila - Cygnus Alpha - Knife.
Vila stabs a man in the back to save Blake. He is visably shaken. I believe this is the first time he's taken a life.

Gan - Cygnus Alpha - Spear.
The victim is unseen. He shows no emotion but to be fair it's in the heat of battle.

Blake - Cygnus Alpha - Snaps neck.
Blake saves Vila by snapping the man's neck with his own spear. Showed what appeared to be anger. Again to be fair, it was in the heat of battle.

Jenna - Time Squad - Liberator firearm.
Shoots an alien who attacked her. Didn't show remorse or hesitate. I would guess she's killed before.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread this, Thunda, just brilliant!

I think my favourite parts are the highly entertaining episode descriptions and discussions , but the statistics are interesting too

Just thinking, if you did a score for average kills per episode, it looks to me like Soolin would win that one, with quite a lot of points in her short tenure! But then if Avon still came out as Top Gun for season 4, I guess maybe season 4 was a bit more bloodthirsty generally than the previous seasons?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
Great thread this, Thunda, just brilliant!

I think my favourite parts are the highly entertaining episode descriptions and discussions , but the statistics are interesting too

Just thinking, if you did a score for average kills per episode, it looks to me like Soolin would win that one, with quite a lot of points in her short tenure! But then if Avon still came out as Top Gun for season 4, I guess maybe season 4 was a bit more bloodthirsty generally than the previous seasons?

Thank you, Futsie, and yes you are correct, season 4 had the most kills. Season 3 had fewer kills but did have a few planets destroyed. Seasons 1 and 2 had fewer kills but had more spaceships destroyed. As for average kills per episode, well, we still have a few more awards to be handed out.
thunda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next up is the Lethal Weapon award, most kills without using a firearm.

3rd place: Blake 6 +(1*)
2 neck snaps, 1 teleporter, 1 electrocution, 1 explosive device, 1 pain inducer, 1* rock

2nd place: Avon 7
4 electronic grenade, 1 pushed down a hill, 1 destroyed gem/power source, 1 electrocution

1st place with 11 +(1*) is:

Dayna 11 +(*1)
7 explosives, 2 arrows, 1 strangulation, 1 edged weapon, 1* explosives

-----------------------------------------------

First Kills

Cally - Bounty - Broken neck.
Cally jumps from a ledge onto a trooper then delivers a blow to his neck. Showed no emotion, had a "business as usual expression". In my opinion she's killed before.

Tarrant - Powerplay - knife.
Not shown but stabbed a trooper in the back with his own knife while posing as his superior officer. Didn't show remorse while bragging about it so I'll assume he's killed before.
thunda

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have the WMD award, most kills in a single episode.
Runner ups:

Dayna - 5 - Games
Avon - 5 - Stardrive
Avon - 5 - Warlord

And the winner is:

Soolin - 6 - Warlord
1 Scorpio handgun
1 Laser probe(?)
4 Federation rifle

----------------------------------------------

First Kills

Soolin - Stardrive - Handgun.
Shoots a Space Rat during escape. Looked like she had a slight smile. Used both hands to hold gun, just like a pro, but closed eyes while firing.
thunda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have the Widowmaker award, highest average of kills per episode. Miscellaneous kills will be counted as regular kills. Tarrant will be considered as being in episode Aftermath and Soolin as being in Power even though they were only in them briefly. Blake will not be counted as being in Terminal.

3rd Place : 20 kills in 26 episodes
Dayna

2nd Place : 46 1/2 kills in 51 episodes
Avon

And 1st Place : the only character to average over 1 kill per episode with 17 1/2 kills in 13 episodes-

Character------------------# of Episodes----------------Average

Soolin ------------------------------13-------------------------1.34
Avon -------------------------------51--------------------------0.91
Dayna ------------------------------26-------------------------0.76
Blake -------------------------------27-------------------------0.62
Tarrant -----------------------------26-------------------------0.61
Jenna -------------------------------26-------------------------0.30
Cally --------------------------------36-------------------------0.11
Zen ---------------------------------38-------------------------0.10
Gan ---------------------------------17-------------------------0.05
Vila ----------------------------------52-------------------------0.03

----------------------------------------------------

First Kills

Dayna - Aftermath - Arrow.
Shoots a Sarran warrior in the back to save Avon's life using a bow and arrow. Didn't show remorse or pleasure, only determination, but I would guess she's killed before. Further scenes confirms it as she shows an old school warrior's mentality with her 'take no prisoners' attitude.
thunda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last award to go. We did the overall Top Gun but this will make it official.

5th Place :
Tarrant
14 kills + 2 misc.
Most of Tarrant's kills came by way of a firearm. Considering he's on most of the away missions his total is kind of low.

4th Place :
Blake
16 kills + 1 misc.
Blake has the distinction of having the most kills by improvising.

3rd Place :
Soolin
17 1/2 kills
She was only a member of the team for 11 episodes so she did damn good.

2nd Place :
Dayna
17 kills + 3 misc.
Dayna has the widest variety of kills. Everything from explosives to strangulation.

1st Place isn't even close. And he only had 1 kill in season one and it didn't come until the next to last episode.

Overall Total:

Avon 45 1/2 +(1*)
Dayna 17 +(3*)
Soolin 17 1/2
Blake 16 +(1*)
Tarrant 14 +(2*)
Jenna 7
Zen 4
Cally 3 +(1*)
Vila 2
Gan 1

Avon also has the most kills in a season with 22 + 1 misc. in season four.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

First Kills

Avon - Deliverance - Liberator firearm.
Shoots one of the cavemen throwing rocks at them. Didn't show remorse or pleasure, only relief. If I had to speculate I would say Avon has never killed before. He doesn't fire again when they resume their attack even though his life is in danger. His attitude will change in season two when because of Blake he's put in extreme situations. In season three he still seems willing to render an opponent unconscious rather than kill him but in season four he's lost any restraints on taking lives.

Note: Liberator destroyed about a dozen spacecraft. Scorpio had none.

Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. As usual any comments, criticism, corrections, ets. are welcome.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, what a great thread, Thunda!
And I still particularly love the episode descriptions

But the info is interesting too -
I don't think I would have guessed that Jenna was season 1 top gun, or that Avon didn't kill anyone until Deliverance!

Just a few of comments that occur to me:

I suppose Jenna and Blake could be first equal for season 1, depending whether you allow Jenna's hitting the primitive with a rock, or Blake's attack on the phibian.

thunda wrote:

I seem to remember Scorpio used some kind of beam weapon on the orbiter in Games, but then no-one was on board so I suppose it was just property damage, not a kill...

and...

thunda wrote:
First Kills

Shoots one of the cavemen throwing rocks at them. Didn't show remorse or pleasure, only relief. If I had to speculate I would say Avon has never killed before.

In "Rumours of Death", in the underground cave scene, Shrinker says to Avon: "you dropped out of sight, after you killed the man who was supplying you with exit visas", which Avon doesn't deny.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
Once again, what a great thread, Thunda!
And I still particularly love the episode descriptions

But the info is interesting too -
I don't think I would have guessed that Jenna was season 1 top gun, or that Avon didn't kill anyone until Deliverance!

Just a few of comments that occur to me:

I suppose Jenna and Blake could be first equal for season 1, depending whether you allow Jenna's hitting the primitive with a rock, or Blake's attack on the phibian.

thunda wrote:

I seem to remember Scorpio used some kind of beam weapon on the orbiter in Games, but then no-one was on board so I suppose it was just property damage, not a kill...

and...

thunda wrote:
First Kills

Shoots one of the cavemen throwing rocks at them. Didn't show remorse or pleasure, only relief. If I had to speculate I would say Avon has never killed before.

In "Rumours of Death", in the underground cave scene, Shrinker says to Avon: "you dropped out of sight, after you killed the man who was supplying you with exit visas", which Avon doesn't deny.

Thank you, Futsie, glad you enjoyed it!

I decided to credit Jenna with killing the caveman but only gave Blake 99% for the phibian.

You're correct about Scorpio. Avon orders Slave to "Blast those feldon panels with everything we've got", and then everything in the vicinity just ceased to exist. That didn't make much sense to me which is why I didn't credit Scorpio with destroying a spacecraft but I could actually go either way on that.

You're also right about Avon. He admits to Grant in Countdown that he killed the man supplying the visas but with the First Kills I was trying to look at each one objectively as an outsider with no previous or extra knowledge.
Lucifer Sam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for ths brilliant thread!

I don't know if you're willing to re-open the case of Jenna in the Tent with a Big Rock, but I personally wouldn't count this as a kill. It was of course a very big rock, but the guy looks as if he has a rather thick skull, and a relatively small brain to protect. Also, as Jenna is attacking from a sitting position, she can't get much force behind her blow. I'm sure she meant simply to incapacitate him - if she had wanted to kill him, she'd have hit him again just to make sure.

Great shot of Jenna in action, by the way. If looks could kill, you would definitely be chalking up one more Kill to her account.
thunda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucifer Sam wrote:
Thanks for ths brilliant thread!

I don't know if you're willing to re-open the case of Jenna in the Tent with a Big Rock, but I personally wouldn't count this as a kill. It was of course a very big rock, but the guy looks as if he has a rather thick skull, and a relatively small brain to protect. Also, as Jenna is attacking from a sitting position, she can't get much force behind her blow. I'm sure she meant simply to incapacitate him - if she had wanted to kill him, she'd have hit him again just to make sure.

Great shot of Jenna in action, by the way. If looks could kill, you would definitely be chalking up one more Kill to her account.

Thank you, I hope you enjoyed it. You make good some points, Lucifer Sam, and I struggled with that decision for days. I noted his abundance of hair and his sturdy physique and her sitting position but that was balanced by the size of the rock and the way she puts her body into the swing. What bothered me the most was the lack of mourning and retribution against Jenna but females may be scarce and they may look at the guard as one less male competitor. The tipping point was that even if the blow didn't kill him there would be a good chance he would die of internal bleeding, infection or just bleed to death. I'm willing to re-open it but I'd like to hear some more thoughts first.
Lucifer Sam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other point where I don't agree with your assessments is the case of the unfortunate Dr. Plaxton. Out of all the killings in series 4 (and, until your thread, I hadn't realised just how many there were...) it was only her death, and that of the doctor whom Roy Kinnear blows away simply because he thinks it'll impress his new friends, that actually made me stop and think.

Avon makes the good argument that their only choice is between killing Dr. Plaxton and letting her die, along with everyone else, when that Federation missile strikes. But a kill is a kill, even if done in self defence, and the reaction of the crew when it became clear what Avon intended makes it quite clear that they thought about it. It was a deliberate, particularly cold-blooded killing.
ZEN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucifer Sam wrote:
It was a deliberate, particularly cold-blooded killing."

An " Inane" comment does not/did not justify the end result! In my opinion!

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 96
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: