Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Thunda's B7 License To Kill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animals

"Are we not men?"

Prepare yourself for a journey to a place like no other. Where the laws of creation have been tampered with. Where animals walk like men. Where forbidden love is rekindled and past hatreds renewed. Prepare yourself, for The Island of Dr. Justin Moreau!

Dayna's on a solo mission and not having a good day. She gets attacked, chased, captured, tortured, brainwashed, thrown off a cliff, re-brainwashed..and that's just in thirty minutes.

Dayna says she killed two of the "animals", however I thought the second one got back up, but that could be bad editing.
Avon and Soolin each get a mutoid.
Tarrant backhands a mutoid but I'll assume she was only stunned.

Episode Totals:

Dayna +(*2)
Avon 1
Soolin 1

Overall Total:

Avon 33 1/2 +(1*)
Blake 15 +(1*)
Tarrant 9 1/2 +(2*)
Dayna 9 +(2*)
Jenna 7
Soolin 5
Zen 4
Cally 3 +(1*)
Vila 1
Gan 1

thunda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headhunter

"Never create what you can't control."

Will a brilliant scientist's creation lead to an unparalleled dream or darkest nightmare? The crew is hunted by a headless android inside their own base. But how can they defeat an enemy that is able to use their technology against them? Will this usher in the beginning of the Cylon race?

At first I was going to say no kills but on second thought I think Dayna deserves the credit.

Episode Totals:

Dayna +(1*)

Overall Total:

Avon 33 1/2 +(1*)
Blake 15 +(1*)
Dayna 9 +(3*)
Tarrant 9 1/2 +(2*)
Jenna 7
Soolin 5
Zen 4
Cally 3 +(1*)
Vila 1
Gan 1

thunda

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
The episode Deliverance will be re-opened. I'm having second thoughts as to whether Jenna should be awarded a kill. All comments and suggestions welcome.

On the Deliverance Episode Total I've decided to reverse my earlier decision and award Jenna a kill. It's still not totally clear the scavenger was killed but I'm giving it to her because there is a good chance he was.

That changes the Season 1 champion to a tie between Jenna and Blake.

Season 1 Totals:

Jenna 7
Blake 6 +(1*)
Zen 2
Vila 1
Gan 1
Cali 1
Avon 1

Overall Total:

Avon 33 1/2 +(1*)
Blake 15 +(1*)
Dayna 9 +(3*)
Tarrant 9 1/2 +(2*)
Jenna 7
Soolin 5
Zen 4
Cally 3 +(1*)
Vila 1
Gan 1

thunda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assassin

"It's called cat and mouse, and there's only one way to win; don't be the mouse...the mouse never wins. Not unless you believe those lying cartoons."
- Cat, Gunmen of The Apocalypse

Cancer, the highest paid contract killer in the galaxy has a new target, the B7 crew. The best defense is a good offense, the crew goes after Cancer for a duel to the death. Join Soolin, Avon and Tarrant as they engage in a deadly game of cat and mouse. But who's hunting whom?

Avon and Tarrant and later Soolin get a chance to team up. Not much chemistry but they get the job done. Avon gets a clear kill. I'm assuming Soolin being a gunfighter has excellent eye hand coordination and quick reflexes so she knocked the poisonous crab at Cancer on purpose.

Episode Totals:

Avon 1
Soolin 1

Overall Total:

Avon 34 1/2 +(1*)
Blake 15 +(1*)
Dayna 9 +(3*)
Tarrant 9 1/2 +(2*)
Jenna 7
Soolin 6
Zen 4
Cally 3 +(1*)
Vila 1
Gan 1

thunda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games

Feldon crystals, the most valuable substance in the universe. Capable of supplying a limitless source of energy. To get them the crew will have to outwit Gamemaster Belkov. The B7 crew's abilities will be tested to the max as they play his deadly games. The rules are simple; you win you survive, you lose you die!

Everyone seems to be out of character except for Soolin who hasn't established a character yet. Anyway, on to the killing.
Tarrant gets two solid kills, one with a gun and one using improvisation. Could have had another but chose to render the trooper unconscious instead.
Vila(yes, Vila), who appears to be following the code of the American old west where it's alright to shoot a man as long as it's not in the back, gets a trooper's attention before shooting him. And speaking of Vila, when did he start taking murder weapons out of the backs of corpses to keep as souvenirs ?
Dayna, who hasn't killed a human in several episodes, seems to be on a bloody rampage. She gets four kills with a gun and one with a triangle (probably Vila's souvenir) (wait a minute, a triangle? ). She could have had more but Tarrant dragged her away.Still, this moves her into second place.

Episode Totals:

Dayna 5
Tarrant 2
Vila 1

Overall Total:

Avon 34 1/2 +(1*)
Dayna 14 +(3*)
Blake 15 +(1*)
Tarrant 11 1/2 +(2*)
Jenna 7
Soolin 6
Zen 4
Cally 3 +(1*)
Vila 2
Gan 1

thunda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sand

I know a land beyond the heart of time. The sun never comes there. No moon ever shines. And man, a grain of sand, nameless and lost, blows with the dust.

There's something strange about the planet Virn. The sun never shines, the rain never falls. Thunder and lightning but no storm. Cottony mist slides over endless green sand. The sound of the howling wind is always present, yet there's no wind. Those who go there seem to die for no reason at all. And oh yes, once you're there it won't let you leave.
Tag along with Tarrant as he's forced to ally himself with the crew's greatest enemy. Will he live long enough to solve the mystery of the planet Virn or will he succumb to it? The clock's ticking. Tick tock, tick tock.

Tarrant gets a kill and maybe some shagging. Avon plays detective and deduces he is the dominant male. Dayna feels what it's like to be on the receiving end. Soolin tells a ghost story. Vila sticks up for someone who didn't like him. Orac recites a love poem.

Episode Totals:

Tarrant 1

Overall Total:

Avon 34 1/2 +(1*)
Dayna 14 +(3*)
Blake 15 +(1*)
Tarrant 12 1/2 +(2*)
Jenna 7
Soolin 6
Zen 4
Cally 3 +(1*)
Vila 2
Gan 1

boroboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
Orac

A dilemma. No human kills but Blake bashes an overgrown reptile to what appears to be its death. Since I never set forth an outline I'm not sure if I should count it. If it's limited to humans then what about Vinny from Death-Watch? Should I include the Links from Terminal? For now I'll put it on the side with an asterisk.

Tricky one, this. I didn't count non-humans in previous tallies - so not the reptile or Vinny. But I can see a legitimate concern for including anything reasonably sentient. Certainly Vinny could pass a Turing test, but the reptile - I'm not so sure. But it could just be a communication problem. Maybe the reptile was just asking if Blake wanted one or two sugars in his tea or if Cally wanted a new hairstyle? Can we trust Ensor's evaluation of the reptiles?
boroboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
Season 2

Redemption

Blake shows The System exactly why he's at the top of The Federation's most wanted list and teaches them an old earth proverb, Finders Keepers. He gets 3 kills, all with weapons.

I got 6 kills for Blake - I'll have to rewatch the episode to get you a list.

Quote:

Gan throws some people around while everyone watches.

And he enjoys it! He's such a card
boroboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
Star One

Last episode of season two and it's a good one.
Travis shoots Blake.
Blake shoots Travis.
Avon tries to stop an invasion, and shoots Travis.
Jenna seems to have cooled off from all those kills she had in season one. It comes down to Blake and Avon.

Episode Total:

Avon 4
Blake 1

I gave Blake and Avon half a kill each for Travis death.
Also - I think Blake shoots an alien.
boroboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:

Powerplay

Tarrant is introduced and he's just as bloody as Dayna. I'm giving him credit for killing 3 troopers even though 1 he claims "from the wound on his head he was probably just unconscious", I find it hard to believe he would take that chance. 2 kills and possibly 3 were in the back.
Dayna gets a chance to strangle someone, from behind also.

Episode Totals:

Tarrant 3
Dayna 1

I am sure Dayna kills two of Kleggs men in the teleport room scene where Avon and Tarrant look on and watch her do it.
boroboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
City At The Edge Of The World

Excellent dialogue.
While everyone's shooting, Vila's off shagging.
Avon and Cally team up and show the new kids how it's done old school. Two kills apiece (Cally comes out of retirement).
Dayna, who decides to go on a rescue mission in a bright maroon jumpsuit and high heels, gets to use another one of her gadgets (I'd very much like to know where she hides them).
Tarrant goes home empty handed.

Episode Total:

Avon 2
Cally 2
Dayna 2

I only know of one for Avon - the guard at the beach. Who else did he kill?
boroboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
Rumours of Death

Well, this had a higher body count than a typical Schwarzenegger flick. Rebels attack the presidential palace and take control. Servalan is captured, beaten and chained. The Federation empire is about to crumble. But at the last minute the B7 crew manages to rescue Servalan and crush the rebellion. Wait...what...that.. that can't be right , I'm going to have to watch it again.
Avon breaks up with his girlfriend and proves he doesn't discriminate between men and women when it comes to killing.
Tarrant comes within a split second of getting another backshot kill (Anna).
Dayna, who decides to wear bright red on a stealth mission, manages to get a kill in. I don't think she gets a good night's sleep unless she kills someone.

Episode Total:

Avon 2
Dayna 1

You're right, thunda - this is a real cock-up. Saving Servelan from the rebellion and then getting rid of the rebellion's leader just shows our "heroes" for the disorganised desperadoes they really are.
But in the gunfight to get into the palace I counted 3 for Avon, 1 for Cally and 3 for Dayna. They shoot a lot!
thunda

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boroboy wrote:
thunda wrote:
Season 2

Redemption

Blake shows The System exactly why he's at the top of The Federation's most wanted list and teaches them an old earth proverb, Finders Keepers. He gets 3 kills, all with weapons.

I got 6 kills for Blake - I'll have to rewatch the episode to get you a list.

Thanks for responding, boroboy, nice to know this thread isn't in vain. By the way, is your tally the one on Judith Proctor's site?

For Redemption, I didn't count the guards that Blake pummeled, not even the one that fell down the stairs. While I realize that it's possible to die from stuff like that I'm only counting definite or highly likely kills.

boroboy wrote:
thunda wrote:
Star One

Last episode of season two and it's a good one.
Travis shoots Blake.
Blake shoots Travis.
Avon tries to stop an invasion, and shoots Travis.
Jenna seems to have cooled off from all those kills she had in season one. It comes down to Blake and Avon.

Episode Total:

Avon 4
Blake 1

I gave Blake and Avon half a kill each for Travis death.
Also - I think Blake shoots an alien.

I didn't give Blake any credit for Travis, I gave Avon the whole kill. Blake's kill is for the alien.

boroboy wrote:
thunda wrote:

Powerplay

Tarrant is introduced and he's just as bloody as Dayna. I'm giving him credit for killing 3 troopers even though 1 he claims "from the wound on his head he was probably just unconscious", I find it hard to believe he would take that chance. 2 kills and possibly 3 were in the back.
Dayna gets a chance to strangle someone, from behind also.

Episode Totals:

Tarrant 3
Dayna 1

I am sure Dayna kills two of Kleggs men in the teleport room scene where Avon and Tarrant look on and watch her do it.

Klegg(whom I actually liked) has two men with him, Avon punches one, Tarrant punches one, and Dayna swings Klegg away. Dayna then kicks the trooper that Tarrant punched then finishes off Klegg (which I bet she was fantasizing about). It's possible they killed the two troopers later but I'm not going to speculate.

In case anybody is wondering, yes I watch these episodes over and over again.
thunda

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boroboy wrote:
thunda wrote:
Rumours of Death

Well, this had a higher body count than a typical Schwarzenegger flick. Rebels attack the presidential palace and take control. Servalan is captured, beaten and chained. The Federation empire is about to crumble. But at the last minute the B7 crew manages to rescue Servalan and crush the rebellion. Wait...what...that.. that can't be right , I'm going to have to watch it again.
Avon breaks up with his girlfriend and proves he doesn't discriminate between men and women when it comes to killing.
Tarrant comes within a split second of getting another backshot kill (Anna).
Dayna, who decides to wear bright red on a stealth mission, manages to get a kill in. I don't think she gets a good night's sleep unless she kills someone.

Episode Total:

Avon 2
Dayna 1

You're right, thunda - this is a real cock-up. Saving Servelan from the rebellion and then getting rid of the rebellion's leader just shows our "heroes" for the disorganised desperadoes they really are.
But in the gunfight to get into the palace I counted 3 for Avon, 1 for Cally and 3 for Dayna. They shoot a lot!

Remember, this is supposed to be a stealth mission.

Tarrant distracts the three guards by saying "Hey"

Cally "karate chops" one

Dayna uses a variation of the Vulcan "nerve pinch" which is different fron the Vulcan "death grip"(although we all know there is no such thing as a Vulcan "death grip", that was all a ruse by Spock to trick the Romulan Commander into...sorry, way too much info )

And Avon dispatches the last with a Captain Kirk double fist hammer (okay enough with the Star Trek references, but hey I'm a Trekkie )

And Tarrant takes a bow

Although it's possible the writer or directer intended that those were all death blows I just don't see any of them as having a killing impact. They don't actually use their weapons until the real Fed Troops show up.
boroboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly - yes its my old tally at Judiths Site - thanks for asking.
Next - in rumours - I can see where you are coming from - but I think - as you said - that the writers intended these people to be killed so I counted them. I don't think either of us has to be "right" . It's just like the "counting non-humans" grey area (and lets not get started on the mass murder when blowing up installations or planets, disabling star one, etc). What I found more interesting was the trends. For example, the crew became more and more violent as time went on, as they changed from terrorists/freedom fighters into plain criminals (allegedly).
One of these days I need to rewatch all the episodes and do all the "baddies".
Speaking of terrorists, there is an interesting article in the guardian by mr. Greenwald about how the US (the Uk has this too) has a second justice system if you get accused of terrorism. How do we think the actions of Blake's 7 would look to us at the current moment in time? Could this TV show even be made for mass market TV in today's world? How would we feel about someone who violently destroyed the police/military communications network (as in Centero?)? it is possible that they also disrupted civilian transmissions too. How kindly would we view someone who toook out our cellphone network?
I'm geting off tompic so I'll stop there.
Keep up the good work and I will keep checking this subject and making comments and maybe we can suck some others in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: