Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Disney buys Lucas film

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnnaGrant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Disney buys Lucas film Reply with quote

Bloomin heck. Didn't see that one coming.
So what do we think of this?
Although I worry about the Disneyfication of Star Wars I must admit they couldn't do much worse than what George himself did with the prequels.
Maybe the new films will be ok, or even good. And if they got Whedon or some other decent directors on board I might even get excited.
Ps someone suggested Nathan Fillion could play Han in what will be SW 7 But he already has, in a way.
pna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What surprised me was that anyone thinks the SW name still has value - have lost all interest in since Ewan McGregor got involved.

I hadnt really thought of Malcolm Reynolds as Han Solo, but I think that works...
KevinD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say as it is all that surprising, Disneyland has an Indiana Jones area and a Star Wars area, the only non-Disney themed bits that they have and both being Lucasfilm properties, so they must've had an interest for quite some time.
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently read Simon Peggs Autobiography, "Nerd Do Well" and he discribs not only his disappointment in the last 3 Star Wars films (Much in evidence if you ever watched his series "Spaced" ) but what happened when he met George Lucas at the last ST film premier. He got the distinct impression that George Lucas was.... hassied by his orginal legasy and somewhat paradoid and didn't trust anyone else to help him develope the 3 prequals, hence the poor result. Perhaps finnally he decided to relive himself of the franchise altogether. For which he has recieved 4.3 BILLION US dollars....

(But DISNEY??? THE EVIL EMPIRE???? AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
white afro in space

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a good move. I look forward to the Pixar-styled animation that is bound to follow. Zany, cutesey characters and humour that makes you want to strangle things and despair at the intellect you are meant to succumb to, bozo characters nobody likes that were put there by audience consultation experts, anthropomorphised aliens and animal creatures, incessant marketing and product tie-ins, hackneyed cliches (so bad that they can only be labelled with a tautology) such as the despairing cry 'Nooooooooooo'. See? The prequels weren't far off the mark as they stand.

But the thing I really look forward to, which is the total result of the above, is the utter despair and disappointment on the part of fanboys (and fangirls) the world over. Their dreams dashed, their faith in the psychological programming of the western cinematic machine shattered beyond recognition. With noonne to turn to but their own imagination which now only operates using existing forms and modes allowed by the existing programming. No outlet for expression and creativity remains because no marketing company or cinema house would dare take on a project without the tried and true formula being followed to the letter. The cycle is complete. [cue maniacal laughter bursting from a cutesey animated kitten that looks like a ball of white fluff with a pink ribbon and overlarge expressive eyes, rubbing its front paws with glee]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: