Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Dr Who: The Sunmakers - screening Sunday 23rd September 2021

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardWho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Dr Who: The Sunmakers - screening Sunday 23rd September 2021 Reply with quote

This story, which stars Tom Baker and Louise Jameson (Leela) also Michael Keating (Vila) is beong shown at The Star Inn, 23 The Vinyards, Bath , BA1 5NA this Sunday (23 September) ay 8pm.

The Star is a very fine pub in Bath's Georgoan City Centre and is on CAMRA's Inventory of historic pubs. So what better reason can there be for visiting it!
RichardWho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mention of this event on the pub's website, but I'm attaching the link anyway:-

http://www.star-i...ath.co.uk/

Meanwhile for those in any of the following places:-

Chippenham
Swindon
Reading
London

The last train back is at 22:23 (10:23pm).
RichardWho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointing! A comolete shambles! The room was too small for the number of people there. As a result of a number of late arrivals it was clear that I wouldn't be able to see the screen. So I gave it up as a bad job and caught an earlier train home.

Some compensation was provided on the way to the Star, I found that Topping & Co Bookshop was open. Evidently they stay open till 8pm, 7days a week. Furthermore the give you a cup of tea or coffee! Only question is: what to buy? They've got nearly 50,000 books in stock! Check out www.toppingbooks.co.uk

They also organise book signings and I'm going to see Michael Palin on Wednesday 10th October http://www.toppingbooks.co.uk/events/bath/michael-palin/
MagnusGreel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great event this would have been... the only remotely similar thing I ever attended was our DW club meeting to watch the premiere of the 1996 TV film at a bar. Sun Makers is one of my favorites. I'd expect an English pub to have some good beer, too...
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:
Very disappointing! A comolete shambles! The room was too small for the number of people there. As a result of a number of late arrivals it was clear that I wouldn't be able to see the screen. So I gave it up as a bad job and caught an earlier train home.

That's a shame... I guess it must be difficult for the organisers to gauge how many people will turn up on the day tho...? Although they should turn people away rather than let the room get overcrowded (which then effectively drives people away anyway).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Doctor Who All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: