Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Travis Fanvid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Squad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Travis Fanvid Reply with quote

This is the first 'fanvid' I ever made..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq9n06LDYao&feature=share
Tim Squad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there are not much Travis1 fans around..?
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think Travis no. 1 is a great character, and Stephen Greif did a great job of portraying him, but I'm not particularly a fan more than I am a fan of any of the other characters too!

I enjoyed the vid tho - some nice editing and I liked the dialogue bit towards the end, which then faded to that planet shot which went well with the music And a nice "bookend" effect by starting and finishing with the shot of the FedStat space station

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
Well I think Travis no. 1 is a great character, and Stephen Greif did a great job of portraying him, but I'm not particularly a fan more than I am a fan of any of the other characters too!

I enjoyed the vid tho - some nice editing and I liked the dialogue bit towards the end, which then faded to that planet shot which went well with the music And a nice "bookend" effect by starting and finishing with the shot of the FedStat space station

Thanx Futsie
ZEN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Squad wrote:
I guess there are not much Travis1 fans around..?

Great pity Stephen Greif couldn't continue for the 2nd series. He was well into the character by the series end, and would have been brilliant in the 2nd. No offence to Brian, but he couldnt fill the role or the boots properly, difficult to portray an already established character

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 96
Tim Squad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think BC was miscast as Travis or maybe there wasn't a better replacement available ah well it's history/a pity.. Does anyone know why SG couldn't reprise his role?
ZEN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Squad wrote:
Does anyone know why SG couldn't reprise his role?

I think filming of the 2nd series clashed with his filming on Citizen Smith at the time . He played a bloke called " Harry Fenning"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075492/

He also didnt appear in some scenes in " Orac", due to an accident apparently - they used 'a flat-footed' replacement

Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Greif has said in a couple of interviews that he was doing some filming in the South of France for a "caper movie", and the schedule for that clashed with B7...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
Stephen Greif has said in a couple of interviews that he was doing some filming in the South of France for a "caper movie", and the schedule for that clashed with B7...

Was it the film I know as 'sewers of gold' ? -the great riviera bank robbery- with Ian McShane in the lead.
Tim Squad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:
Tim Squad wrote:
Does anyone know why SG couldn't reprise his role?

He also didnt appear in some scenes in " Orac", due to an accident apparently - they used 'a flat-footed' replacement

Don't quite understand what you mean -i'm not english sorry- , is it that we see Travis feet in the tunnels and in Ensors lab that are not SG's ? Or did they skip some scenes he was supposed to be in?
ZEN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Squad wrote:

Don't quite understand what you mean -i'm not english sorry- , is it that we see Travis feet in the tunnels and in Ensors lab that are not SG's ? Or did they skip some scenes he was supposed to be in?

Sorry "Tim Squad"! I'll try and explain. According to SG in an interview, he had an accident playing tennis and damaged his Achillies tendon prior to filming some scenes in "Orac", so they had to find a replacement to cover his scenes, so they filmed this replacement actor from the waist down only!. Its after SG & Serverlan have appeared in the underground corridor complex and are chasing after Blake having fired a shot at him.

At one point we 'hear' Travis say " Which corridor did they take"? From here on all the scenes are either just leg shots, out of view shorts or just his 'gun' hand on a map. Its only in the final scene on the beach that SG appears, even then, he doesnt move much!

Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I think the "flat footed" bit comes from the audio commentary on the DVD for that episode, where Stephen Greif says that the stand-in had rather flat feet!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see, thanks for explaining. Don't have the dvds with the extra's maybe I should check them out when in London?
Tim Squad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:
Tim Squad wrote:

Sorry "Tim Squad"! I'll try and explain. According to SG in an interview, he had an accident playing tennis and damaged his Achillies tendon prior to filming some scenes in "Orac", so they had to find a replacement to cover his scenes, so they filmed this replacement actor from the waist down only!. Its after SG & Serverlan have appeared in the underground corridor complex and are chasing after Blake having fired a shot at him.

At one point we 'hear' Travis say " Which corridor did they take"? From here on all the scenes are either just leg shots, out of view shorts or just his 'gun' hand on a map. Its only in the final scene on the beach that SG appears, even then, he doesnt move much!

They were creative than in solving the problem of an absent actor. SGs voice is added later than I think? I remember being very upset when Avon shoots at him and hurts his arm! In fact the actor was hurt aswell! So my sympathy was on the right place..!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: