Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Reflection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clareblues1

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reflection Reply with quote

Not a story per se, more a muse...based around the events of Warlord...

Of all the deaths I've seen, of all the deaths I've caused, nothing compares with this. The emptiness, the sombre realisation of raw emotions burning through me. My life that could've been. I'm left to mourn alone by the closest person I've got to an ally in this motley band. Perhaps she also feels this loss was such a senseless waste.

Why oh why did you take off that glove?

That smile, he must've known, but how? Makes all this worse somehow, realising he knew what I was going to find. He always did get on my nerves, and now is no different. It's alright for him, he's given up caring. Not me, despite the outer image I portray so well. In another time, another place I'd seek my retribution. For all the good it would do me, and her.

The joker in the pack, always on the receiving end of my frustrations. At least he tried to reassure me, which is more than he usually does. Deep down I know his heart is in the right place, even if he's got a funny way of showing it sometimes. I learned who he misses the most, a feeling we now have in common.

To my second and least expected ally. You helped me the most, before luck ran out anyway. Odd really, we've never been close. And now like my other friend you keep your distance. Perhaps some day you will call in the debt, who knows, right now I'm not sure if I can muster the strength to care. No, that's not true. The debt is yours and mine to pay, as if I haven't paid enough already.

As I take us into orbit, leaving for the last time. A part of me remains behind, part of me died with you. Maybe we've all left something back there, a memory, a treasured possession, destroyed in the explosions. There is however plenty that can never be taken from me. The look in your eyes when you gazed upon me for the first time, the soft warmth of your kiss. That time we spent together, it felt like forever, and should've been.

I have a feeling this journey we've now embarked upon is going to be a long one. Keeping my attention focussed on the instruments in front of me, no one would ever know the pain I feel inside. For a moment, just a moment I glance around the flight deck, everything seems normal, just another 'strategic withdrawal' as I called it. No one seems to have the time to reflect, except me. It was your father who brought this upon us, but still I can find no malice in your heart. You tried so valiantly to save what little we had left. I spoke earlier of debt, you paid the highest price of all. It is to you I owe the most. A debt I can never repay.

Why oh why did you take off that glove? My dearest love.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: