Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Pre-Way Back

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mary Lou Jensen



Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 480
Location: Bowels of a disused space station with Hudson (shoot me now!)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Pre-Way Back Reply with quote

Okay as my last topic didn't quite work how I hoped, I thought I'd try another one

Do you know if any one out there has ever written Pre-Way Back stories. Blake before he was caught and brainwashed, Avon pre-foiled bank robbery etc etc?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Janov Seldon



Joined: 16 May 2004
Posts: 1687
Location: There - but I like it here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's quite a few out there. Ros Williams did an entire series focussing on Avon, but Vila, Gan and Jenna also featured. She did a standalone, entitled Blake, about, erm, Blake but during his first rebellion. So it also featured Travis.

I've some PWB bits planned that fit into my sprawling epic PGP - Rapture is one, featuring a young Avon before the robbery. I did have some thoughts about another, The Pschobombs, featuring Gan and Travis, but this would have been more a collection of short stories starting PWB and fitting in to Season 1 going up to Breakdown

I did start one - "Butterfly Effect"- that featured Servalan plus two major characters from my PGP, plus Avon and Anna Grant in cameo roles but never did finish it - like much of my fiction, I get the ideas, make a start and then either run out of steam or get bored.

In fact, I don't think I have it now as it was on the hard drive of my last Mac that died spectacularly (the power supply went, it wouldn't start and then on the final attempt there was a flash, a crack and then black smoke poured out the back!), although I may have a hard copy somewhere. I know it's not on the main back up disc at home as I've been re-reading a lot recently.
_________________
"Now then, Butch Harry, tell us about Fulham..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mary Lou Jensen



Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 480
Location: Bowels of a disused space station with Hudson (shoot me now!)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
There's quite a few out there. Ros Williams did an entire series focussing on Avon, but Vila, Gan and Jenna also featured. She did a standalone, entitled Blake, about, erm, Blake but during his first rebellion. So it also featured Travis.


Ros Williams - my god a name from the past.

Quote:
I've some PWB bits planned that fit into my sprawling epic PGP - Rapture is one, featuring a young Avon before the robbery. I did have some thoughts about another, The Pschobombs, featuring Gan and Travis, but this would have been more a collection of short stories starting PWB and fitting in to Season 1 going up to Breakdown

I did start one - "Butterfly Effect"- that featured Servalan plus two major characters from my PGP, plus Avon and Anna Grant in cameo roles but never did finish it - like much of my fiction, I get the ideas, make a start and then either run out of steam or get bored.

In fact, I don't think I have it now as it was on the hard drive of my last Mac that died spectacularly (the power supply went, it wouldn't start and then on the final attempt there was a flash, a crack and then black smoke poured out the back!), although I may have a hard copy somewhere. I know it's not on the main back up disc at home as I've been re-reading a lot recently.


Okay PWB - I get - Pre-Way Back

PGP - Pre-Gauda Prime?

If you find any of your unfinished fiction about and you want help/inspiration/an opnion on any of it, I'm your man........well woman, actually, but you know what I man. I love to write, I love to talk about writing, I love doing writing, I love reading writing.........

From that you may gather that I love to write
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Janov Seldon



Joined: 16 May 2004
Posts: 1687
Location: There - but I like it here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Lou Jensen wrote:

PGP - Pre-Gauda Prime?


PGP = Post Gauda Prime. The only thing that annoys me about them is that 99.9% seem to have Servalan behind the events of Blake. So much so that even the really good ones are boring me to tears.

Mary Lou Jensen wrote:
If you find any of your unfinished fiction about and you want help/inspiration/ an opinion on any of it, I'm your man........well woman, actually, but you know what I man. I love to write, I love to talk about writing, I love doing writing, I love reading writing.........

From that you may gather that I love to write


You may well live to regret that comment! I'm getting a serious itch to start writing again (I *really* should do some more work on Phoenix) and could do with a beta reader who knows how to write and has a good grounding in the series.
_________________
"Now then, Butch Harry, tell us about Fulham..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mary Lou Jensen



Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 480
Location: Bowels of a disused space station with Hudson (shoot me now!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
Mary Lou Jensen wrote:

PGP - Pre-Gauda Prime?


PGP = Post Gauda Prime. .


I am so rubbish at initials. A friend of mine talks about SPN and it takes me a while to realise that its not an American TV channel but Supernatural (I just call it Sups, much easier)

Quote:
The only thing that annoys me about them is that 99.9% seem to have Servalan behind the events of Blake. So much so that even the really good ones are boring me to tears


Okay clean board, forget what you're written before - who at this moment in time would you say is behind the events of Blake then?

Quote:
Mary Lou Jensen wrote:
If you find any of your unfinished fiction about and you want help/inspiration/ an opinion on any of it, I'm your man........well woman, actually, but you know what I man. I love to write, I love to talk about writing, I love doing writing, I love reading writing.........

From that you may gather that I love to write


You may well live to regret that comment! I'm getting a serious itch to start writing again (I *really* should do some more work on Phoenix) and could do with a beta reader who knows how to write and has a good grounding in the series.


Hey I don't mind, never Beta'd before, only ever been beta'd, but then again I've learnt a hell of alot since my first B7 efforts, so I'll give it a go.

What do you want me to check out specifically? Spelling, grammar, characterisation, plot layout (timeline and all that kind of thing)? All of the above?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Janov Seldon



Joined: 16 May 2004
Posts: 1687
Location: There - but I like it here

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More someone to bounce idea off. My plotting's okay, I think my characterisation is on the money (well, so I've been told) and my spelling/grammar is usually good - I read a lot which always helps.

The timeline. I have a rough one, starting with the births of various characters and fitting events of the series into it and then parts of the PGP. I wanted some sort of framework to keep everything together. I was also advised by a mate who reads comics to put some sort of ending in place, so I came up with The Final Act? and also Cain and Abel (working title and as yet unfinished, like so much else). Although these are more epilogues than endings.

Just wish I could find the time, the motivation and, most importantly, the focus to get on with it.

And it doesn't help that my imagination goes off at tangents. I came up with a sequel - Legacy, with a cashiered military officer in the Blake role (Siddiq Barak, his mother being an Amagon) and an aged Vila and Avon in hiding. I came up with rough outlines for the first three and a load of notes, but they all died with Orac (my last Mac). IIRC, there was a lot of political intrigue in the first episode, Echoes.

The last thing I did - or rather started - was a season 3 piece (well, it takes place post Andromeda war) with one of the major characters from the PGP and two minor ones. Someone to watch over me was part foreshadowing, part ghost story.

TBH, I think it's far too ambitious but it'll be worth it in the end. Whenever that is...
_________________
"Now then, Butch Harry, tell us about Fulham..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mary Lou Jensen



Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 480
Location: Bowels of a disused space station with Hudson (shoot me now!)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouncing ideas is always my best thing actually Even if I come up with ideas wildly different to the ones you want it always gets the mind moving more with your own ideas. A friend of mine helped me with the first version of my book and at times I felt like she had no idea what I wanted from it, but her ideas got my own ideas moving. Talking writing can actually be a very big motivator.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Visit Sendit.com
Blakes7 Discussion  


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
  Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email