Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

STAR TREK every week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, Gene...!

But where's Chekov?!

City at the Edge of Forever - That was Shatner's choice in the various Captains' favourite episodes on the BBC2 Star Trek night wasn't it?

Operation Annihiliate - Those pain-inflicting alien creatures are pretty scary ... Poor Spock certainly suffers in this ep but there are some great character moments for him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
But where's Chekov?!

He arrived in Season 2!
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok then!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEASON TWO

Plan to discuss one a week again. Hope you are interested.

30. 2- 1 60334 15 Sep 67 Amok Time
31. 2- 2 60333 22 Sep 67 Who Mourns for Adonais?
32. 2- 3 60337 29 Sep 67 The Changeling
33. 2- 4 60339 6 Oct 67 Mirror, Mirror
34. 2- 5 60338 13 Oct 67 The Apple
35. 2- 6 60335 20 Oct 67 The Doomsday Machine
36. 2- 7 60330 27 Oct 67 Catspaw
37. 2- 8 60341 3 Nov 67 I, Mudd
38. 2- 9 60331 10 Nov 67 Metamorphosis
39. 2-10 60344 17 Nov 67 Journey to Babel
40. 2-11 60332 1 Dec 67 Friday's Child
41. 2-12 60340 8 Dec 67 The Deadly Years
42. 2-13 60347 15 Dec 67 Obsession
43. 2-14 60336 22 Dec 67 Wolf in The Fold
44. 2-15 60342 29 Dec 67 The Trouble With Tribbles
45. 2-16 60346 5 Jan 68 The Gamesters of Triskelion
46. 2-17 60349 12 Jan 68 A Piece of the Action
47. 2-18 60348 19 Jan 68 The Immunity Syndrome
48. 2-19 60345 2 Feb 68 A Private Little War
49. 2-20 60351 9 Feb 68 Return to Tomorrow
50. 2-21 60352 16 Feb 68 Patterns of Force
51. 2-22 60350 23 Feb 68 By Any Other Name
52. 2-23 60354 1 Mar 68 The Omega Glory
53. 2-24 60353 8 Mar 68 The Ultimate Computer
54. 2-25 60343 15 Mar 68 Bread and Circuses
55. 2-26 60355 29 Mar 68 Assignment: Earth

30 Amok Time

This Weeks episode is ’Amok Time'

Chekov arrives! Quite an emotional one this due to some well timed lines. Without giving too much away (if you haven't seen it yet!) the most moving is -
Vulcan Priestess: "Live long and prosper"
Spock: "I shall do neither ..."
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Jim!! "

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Perfectly logical!'
SHARPBLUE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching the Remastered new graphics ones... love em all.

AMOK TIME

Is one of my favourite episodes featuring Spock. All I remember is it's the one where Spock needs to get back to Vulcan to copulate. T.Ping I believe is who he has to fight for... against another Vulcan then kirk if I recall. Isn't Spocks mother T.Pau in this ep... Need to watch it again.

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk & about.me/markkeen
Ron

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31 Who Mourns for Adonais?

This weeks episode is 'Who Mourns for Adonais?'

Forced to visit the alien world Chekov gets his first excursion. He speaks out against the alien showing he's not as patient as some of his older companions from the Enterprise. Up 'till now the alien has shown only his power but, claiming to be Apollo, he doesn't act very god-like when his quick temper now surfaces repeatedly. It seemed likely some other alien lies behind it all. "Apollo is no god" says Kirk, "but he could have been taken for one once..." Meanwhile Spock, inexplicably having been excluded from the landing party by the alien, tries to free the Enterprise from the alien's hold with Sulu's help. I thought that a better way of having Spock stay on board could have been used. It's a familiar situation with separate but linked 'locations of action' having almost their own storylines (as happens in Blakes 7). In this case the locations are the Enterprise and the planet. I could imagine watching this one again and concentrating more on the events on the Enterprise than, as I tended to do this first time, concentrate on the events on the planet. So there is an interesting storyline in itself taking place on the Enterprise that maybe acts as a breather on the first viewing before returning to what may be assumed to be the real action. I felt I'd missed some of the Enterprise story, if you see what I mean, and made a note to concentrate more on it next time. Good old Star Trek! Chekov gets a lot to say now, more than Kirk, introducing him as a main new character, and which is what the producers hoped would keep the female audience viewing figures high. Predictably going back and forth to the Enterprise, I was hoping that the true alien would appear sooner rather than later and that it wouldn't be all wrapped up in the final few minutes, as in 'The Squire Of Gothos'. "Perhaps if I assisted?" asks Chekov when the female lieutenant reappears from having been with Apollo. Captain Kirk believes she is the key to foiling Apollo. "How old are you?" asks Kirk. "22" says Chekov. "Then perhaps I ought to handle it" replies Kirk, to the delight of all the male viewers over 22. I was wondering if this was what William Shattner was thinking about the new boy Walter Konig getting so much to say! A truly great Star Trek scene now, out of the blue, as Kirk tells the female lieutenant about what really matters in life as humans. Finally the storylines on the enterpise and around Apollo come together in this scene

and somehow, after Kirk philosophising, it no longer seemed important whether the alien really looked like that or not.

Last edited by Ron on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, what with Kevin's building a model of the Nomad space probe from "The Changeling", and that episode being the basis for the plot of Star Trek the Motion Picture (a.k.a. "Where Nomad has gone before"), I'm wondering if this episode was partly the basis for Star Trek V, The Final Frontier.....?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(early this week!)
32 The Changeling

This weeks episode is 'The Changeling'

I remember this one which is high on sci-fi ideas with its self-repair probe story, the first of four Star Trek stories written by John Meredyth Lucas. Rather than say much about it this week I thought I would look up the writer

who had a prolific, mainly TV, career, and I found this news item :

"A rocket launched into space on April 28th 2007 from Spaceport America in southern New Mexico for a 4 minute orbit, carrying the partial ashes of astronaut Gordon Cooper, actor James Doohan, writer (director and producer) John Meredyth Lucas, along with 200 others. The cylinders landed in the San Andres Mountains on White Sands Missile Range. They were found by a UP Aerospace crew and will be mounted on plaques referencing the space flight, and will be given to the families"

Gordon Cooper was one of the first seven American astronauts and flew in some of the earliest spacecraft.
Ron

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

33. Mirror Mirror

This week’s episode is ‘Mirror Mirror’

Here's a good example of how Star Trek often had quite a different sort of episode from the previous one. It’s interesting to see savage versions of the crew here even if, from the four in the landing party, we only really see much of the savage Kirk (a bit like in Season One’s ‘The Enemy Within’).

This is a still from startrek.com, of a scene at roughly 35mins. Uhura’s behaviour reminded me of the resourceful Cathy Gale in the Avengers here!

Does anyone know what’s wrong with the still? If not, I’ll answer next week.

Quite an exciting episode I thought.

Last edited by Ron on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great episode, that one

There's an American prog rock band founded in 1992 that must have liked the episode, coz they called themselves "Spock's Beard"

I'd guess what's wrong with the picture is that the red-shirt security guards in the background are wearing their normal uniforms, instead of the mirror universe ones....

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
I'd guess what's wrong with the picture is that the red-shirt security guards in the background are wearing their normal uniforms, instead of the mirror universe ones....

All I can say for sure is :
The logos on the shirts are normally on the right as we look at them.
The still has been mirrored left to right compared to what’s in the recording (this is a parallel universe scene).

I'm going to look at it again to see if all the scenes in the parallel universe have the logos on the left.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wibble!
I'd never noticed that... I was just going on the fact that they don't have those gold sashes round their waists!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I watched a bit of ‘Mirror, Mirror’ again and, in the parallel universe, the ordinary crew members do have their Star Trek logos on the opposite side of their shirts.)

34. The Apple

This week’s episode is ‘The Apple’

This ones plot was a bit of a disappointment tonight. However it was interesting in showing what TV studio Sci-Fi in the 1960’s did to create a colourful planet by adding some real-sky film with superimposed cartoon lightening bolts. Really the ones shot on location, such as season one’s ‘Shore Leave’ or ‘Arena’, look better than the studio ones as time goes by.

Scotty is called Scot a few times – don’t remember that! And Spock is putting up with quite a bit at this point in the series. As I recall, he increasingly gets some revenge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: