Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

B7's profile in 2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cockroach Boy



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 7143
Location: Dancing with the Mara

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: B7's profile in 2009 Reply with quote

Blake's 7 public profile has markedly risen in 2008. The audios seem to have been well recieved enough to be an ongoing series, despite initial hostility from some fans even before their release. Whether or not the Sky re-make ever happens, the announcement did get the series back into the press.

So is this wave of activity likely to continue? Doctor Who's profile during it's time off air beneffited more from things like Curse of Fatal Death and Death Comes To Time than it did repeats of the actual stories themselves. Could B7 now reach a slightly wider audience through the audios and other spin offs? Is a B7 night on BBC 2 likely.

Obviously new blood would be a good thing. Like any group linked by a common interest, B7 fandom needs the occasional rush of fresh ideas to challenge and stimulate the old lore and to prevent stagnation. But will this happen?

Most importantly, will public affection for Blake's 7 now begin to grow as happened with Doctor Who at the turn of the century?

Is this a new beginning for B7 or a flash in the pan?
_________________
Everything in life is only for now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BLAKESCREWE



Joined: 16 May 2004
Posts: 21196
Location: 1977!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don`t see any sign of public affection yet for B7 - at least not where I live , mostly its a bit of `laugh at it` type scenario just now, poss there may be a B7 night one day and when the guys who make LOM and ASHES TO ASHES get hold of it and MAX BEESLEY gets the Avon role then all will be rosy and fine again in the B7 world!
_________________
Class of `82
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cats
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashes in the pan rarely catch fire now do they?

Very difficult for die hard B7ers to accept the newer versions
with the original still so much a part of their lives...
I have seen few TV series that were as good as the originals
although sometimes there were good attempts...

I am a Michael Praed fan and that was the ony thing I liked
about the audio tapes
Back to top
BlakNo1



Joined: 16 May 2004
Posts: 7695
Location: Somerville, MA, USA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Colin Salmon as Dr Moon. He would do well as either Avon or Travis.

However, it all depends on the money and a good script.

And of course, as an American, I have no idea how well new B7 would be received. Most over here still don't even know about the original.
_________________
"Blak" sheep of the B7 forum family!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pedro



Joined: 19 May 2004
Posts: 251
Location: Bromley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Survivors has been remade well can only help. If that gets picked up for a second series and does well I'm sure B7 will get a look in too.
_________________
No Pop, No Style!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ron



Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 3112
Location: A town, UK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new Audios and have a little laugh about the Scottish Blake and Servalan actors. You can tell they originally went out 5mins at a time because listening to a whole story in an hour is quite a challenge to my brain. But I'll be looking out for the next Audio after the trailer at the end of the last one (all the Liberators 'just blowing the spaceships to bits' - and there are aliens!). Great that Michael Keating appeared on 'When Vila met Gan'. Audios are the best way to continue Blakes 7. Listeners new to Blakes 7 that like them might watch the TV series and enjoy it too.
_________________
Last Watched: Rumours of Death, 16/11/2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cassandra



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose things will better when I can say to someone 'I like Blake's 7' and they don't respond by asking 'what's that then?'.

I use the pseud Soolin on one large internet forum and most people there think I am a bloke as the name apparently sounds male.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ron



Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 3112
Location: A town, UK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm sure they said 'coming in the Spring' in their trailer, but still no mention anywhere on the net of a continuation to Rebel, Traitor, and Liberator from B7 Media.
_________________
Last Watched: Rumours of Death, 16/11/2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ron



Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 3112
Location: A town, UK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 'When Vila Met Gan' CD there is a trailer for continuing on from 'Liberator'. I, for one, want to know about those aliens wanting their Liberator back! When is it coming B7 Media?
_________________
Last Watched: Rumours of Death, 16/11/2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whitestar



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 67
Location: Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
I don`t see any sign of public affection yet for B7 - at least not where I live , mostly its a bit of `laugh at it` type scenario just now, poss there may be a B7 night one day and when the guys who make LOM and ASHES TO ASHES get hold of it and MAX BEESLEY gets the Avon role then all will be rosy and fine again in the B7 world!


LOL! That's how I see the old Doctor Who black and white serials. I can't watch those old Cybermen who wore white socks on their heads with holes for them to see, breathe and speak without breaking into laughter!
_________________
Have you ever wondered how life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whitestar



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 67
Location: Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlakNo1 wrote:
I liked Colin Salmon as Dr Moon. He would do well as either Avon or Travis.

However, it all depends on the money and a good script.

And of course, as an American, I have no idea how well new B7 would be received. Most over here still don't even know about the original.


Well, I'm a fellow American who is a huge fan of Blake's 7 just like you. I guess that's progress, don't you think?
_________________
Have you ever wondered how life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlakNo1



Joined: 16 May 2004
Posts: 7695
Location: Somerville, MA, USA

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitestar wrote:
BlakNo1 wrote:
I liked Colin Salmon as Dr Moon. He would do well as either Avon or Travis.

However, it all depends on the money and a good script.

And of course, as an American, I have no idea how well new B7 would be received. Most over here still don't even know about the original.


Well, I'm a fellow American who is a huge fan of Blake's 7 just like you. I guess that's progress, don't you think?


We've doubled our ranks!!!
_________________
"Blak" sheep of the B7 forum family!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cats
Guest





PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am also an American & I remember the fans going bonkers over
Blakes 7 in the late 80's when we were lucky to meet the actors at fan
run conventions here in the states! Ahhhh the good old days
Especially getting to snog Paul Darrow who was happily snogging back
Back to top
Whitestar



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 67
Location: Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlakNo1 wrote:
Whitestar wrote:
BlakNo1 wrote:
I liked Colin Salmon as Dr Moon. He would do well as either Avon or Travis.

However, it all depends on the money and a good script.

And of course, as an American, I have no idea how well new B7 would be received. Most over here still don't even know about the original.


Well, I'm a fellow American who is a huge fan of Blake's 7 just like you. I guess that's progress, don't you think?


We've doubled our ranks!!!


Cats wrote:
Well I am also an American & I remember the fans going bonkers over
Blakes 7 in the late 80's when we were lucky to meet the actors at fan
run conventions here in the states! Ahhhh the good old days
Especially getting to snog Paul Darrow who was happily snogging back


Make that tripled our ranks, BlakNo1, my friend!
_________________
Have you ever wondered how life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pickle



Joined: 31 May 2007
Posts: 629

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats wrote:

Especially getting to snog Paul Darrow who was happily snogging back


Shocking! He's a married man!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Blakes7 Discussion  


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
  Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email