Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

White Afro in LONDON - Nov 15/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Conventions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Meet-up
Saturday 15th
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Sunday 16th
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Bseven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I woke up sat morning very ill and dizzy so couldn't go, (gutted ) and want to know how it all went....and are there any pictures.. .
RichardWho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got there about 3:30 pm and there was a very good turnout (in marked contrast to the other do I went to at lunchtime where I was one of only 4 people who turned up; the lass who'd organised had booked a table for 16 and ended up being out of pocket).

Anyway it was great to see Afro again. There was a good turnout from the regulars; I was a tad disappointed that most of the London crowd, with the honourable exception of Roberta, didn't seem to want to mix with the rest of us.

Still hopefully I may be able to get us a new recruit for the next Liverpool meet up, whenever that may be. That's all I can say for now.
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, thanks Richard. Pity it was so noisy that we didn`t get to talk more...

Well, on Nov. 15 White Afro and his girlfriend Liza (Or Lisa?) stopped over in London for the weekend (From their week’s stay with friend in New York) as it must be nearly two years since I’d been to a London pub meet I was determined to make this one and I did. Futsie drove to my house and he parked in my forecourt to save him the trouble of fighting though central London traffic and the expense of paying their exorbitant parking fees.
Futsie gave me the two Goodies books Id bought off of “Blakescrewe” for £10 they are in excellent condition and I'm going to really enjoy reading them. He couldn’t afford to come unfortunately. Then we made our way via train and tube to the pub to meet the others who included Richard Who ( He kissed my hand and nearly spilt Steve`s pint as the table was large and we both had to strain to reach across it. And Ming and his girlfriend (Who’s name I didn’t catch.) Steve Rogerson, His fiance and her son Josh we all had a good time chatting about loads of things.
And at 7pm Futsie, White Afro (Who I finally found out has the real name of Russell) and Lisa went to the Tate Modern who surprisingly doesn’t close it's doors to the general public till 10 pm on Saturday’s.

The place is HUGE… a seven story building. So even though we arrived by a Walk over the notorious millennium (wobbly bridge) and getting the closest to
St Paul’s cathedral yet. (one day, one day I’ll actually go inside) Which had a Light show projected onto the dome. (a blue background with random words, Some of which were in Arabic projected onto the dome.) I took some video but because I didn’t want to hold the others up `d forgotten to adjust my DVC to the Night time/ fireworks setting, so I seriously doubt they’ll come out well.
We only managed to “do” about two thirds of the art in the building. But hay, I`ve seen Monet’s “water lilies” up close as well as a couple of Picasso, Renee Magritte, Brenda Frick ect. But this time both Futies’s and my own feet were
Suffering. Because Futsie was braking in a new pair of boot’s and I was wearingMy stack healed boots.
But worse was to come…

We all stayed till “chucking out time.” And then Russell (W.A) and Lisa Returned to their hotel and Futsie and myself made out painful way to the Nearest railway station. We passed the London branch of the scientologists and despite the pain we both broke into a run before we were abducted! And thus reached Embankment station. Only to discover that both the Central and District lines were closed for maintenance. How to get back to good old Thornton Heath now? But wait there was the northern line. A train from London Bridge would take us directly back.
We miss the first London Bridge train because we weren’t concentrating… and that meant a half hour wait for the next one.
We get to London Bridge but due to a lack of information from British rail, By time we’d figured out which platform the train to my nearest station was leaving from, the bloody thing was pulling away as we’d reached the bottom of the stairs. Checking the timetable it turned out to probably be the last train that night.
But wait, the Jubilee line runs to Green Park, one stop from Victoria and plenty of homebound trains.the Train we got on terminated at Waterloo, two stops before we needed! And it was the last one.
By now it was nearly 12:30, when the tubes in London stupidly stop. How to get home now? However I realized almost before it was too late that the Northern line runs to Balham and from there we could get Thornton Heath. Apologising Profusely for my incompetence we eventually make it home at around 1:20 am!
And thus the knighmare journey ended. Futsie was very grateful that I managed to avoid him spending money on an expensive London Black cab.
An offering of tea cake and some wildlife telly meat that time ran away from us
And it was nearly 3:30 am before we even tried to go to bed. It was far to late and Futsie was too tiered for us to allow him to drive the 3 hours back home and so I offered him my bed. As I was raised right and know you should offer the best that one has available (Fortunately I’d tied my room and changed the sheets!) But Futsie refused opting to sleep instead on the cushioned strewn floor and one of my spare 12 tog continental quilts!
Mother got me up at 10 to “entertain” my house guest. (Too early, toooo early it's Sunday and it's inhuman to rise before noon. It's in the Geneva convention of human rights) Toast, more Tea and a decent lunch (Futsies treat) at a local café and eventually I said goodbye at around 6 pm.
Mind you I receive a text from him saying that it had taken him over an hour to go eleven miles though London! (Mutterings of the nightmare journey pt 2 )
Mind you, the good news is that mother raised no real objections to you staying over for a visit. She only was annoyed because we had “nothing in” to feed him with.
(Phew and the nightmare of me telling you about the nightmare journey ends too!!!)

Oh… and I`ve finally discovered what the name Futsie refers to. (And Henry, being a Judge Dredd fan should have known this.) A Futsie is a resident of Mega City one who suddenly cracks under the strain of living there and becomes a homicidal maniac.

Pictures soon... if they come out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doc - feel like a was there with that excellent description of the day...
grazialand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DOCTOR ALT 8 wrote:
Aww, thanks Richard. Pity it was so noisy that we didn`t get to talk more...

Well, on Nov. 15 White Afro and his girlfriend Liza (Or Lisa?) stopped over in London for the weekend (From their week’s stay with friend in New York) as it must be nearly two years since I’d been to a London pub meet I was determined to make this one and I did. Futsie drove to my house and he parked in my forecourt to save him the trouble of fighting though central London traffic and the expense of paying their exorbitant parking fees.
Futsie gave me the two Goodies books Id bought off of “Blakescrewe” for £10 they are in excellent condition and I'm going to really enjoy reading them. He couldn’t afford to come unfortunately. Then we made our way via train and tube to the pub to meet the others who included Richard Who ( He kissed my hand and nearly spilt Steve`s pint as the table was large and we both had to strain to reach across it. And Ming and his girlfriend (Who’s name I didn’t catch.) Steve Rogerson, His fiance and her son Josh we all had a good time chatting about loads of things.
And at 7pm Futsie, White Afro (Who I finally found out has the real name of Russell) and Lisa went to the Tate Modern who surprisingly doesn’t close it's doors to the general public till 10 pm on Saturday’s.

The place is HUGE… a seven story building. So even though we arrived by a Walk over the notorious millennium (wobbly bridge) and getting the closest to
St Paul’s cathedral yet. (one day, one day I’ll actually go inside) Which had a Light show projected onto the dome. (a blue background with random words, Some of which were in Arabic projected onto the dome.) I took some video but because I didn’t want to hold the others up `d forgotten to adjust my DVC to the Night time/ fireworks setting, so I seriously doubt they’ll come out well.
We only managed to “do” about two thirds of the art in the building. But hay, I`ve seen Monet’s “water lilies” up close as well as a couple of Picasso, Renee Magritte, Brenda Frick ect. But this time both Futies’s and my own feet were
Suffering. Because Futsie was braking in a new pair of boot’s and I was wearingMy stack healed boots.
But worse was to come…

We all stayed till “chucking out time.” And then Russell (W.A) and Lisa Returned to their hotel and Futsie and myself made out painful way to the Nearest railway station. We passed the London branch of the scientologists and despite the pain we both broke into a run before we were abducted! And thus reached Embankment station. Only to discover that both the Central and District lines were closed for maintenance. How to get back to good old Thornton Heath now? But wait there was the northern line. A train from London Bridge would take us directly back.
We miss the first London Bridge train because we weren’t concentrating… and that meant a half hour wait for the next one.
We get to London Bridge but due to a lack of information from British rail, By time we’d figured out which platform the train to my nearest station was leaving from, the bloody thing was pulling away as we’d reached the bottom of the stairs. Checking the timetable it turned out to probably be the last train that night.
But wait, the Jubilee line runs to Green Park, one stop from Victoria and plenty of homebound trains.the Train we got on terminated at Waterloo, two stops before we needed! And it was the last one.
By now it was nearly 12:30, when the tubes in London stupidly stop. How to get home now? However I realized almost before it was too late that the Northern line runs to Balham and from there we could get Thornton Heath. Apologising Profusely for my incompetence we eventually make it home at around 1:20 am!
And thus the knighmare journey ended. Futsie was very grateful that I managed to avoid him spending money on an expensive London Black cab.
An offering of tea cake and some wildlife telly meat that time ran away from us
And it was nearly 3:30 am before we even tried to go to bed. It was far to late and Futsie was too tiered for us to allow him to drive the 3 hours back home and so I offered him my bed. As I was raised right and know you should offer the best that one has available (Fortunately I’d tied my room and changed the sheets!) But Futsie refused opting to sleep instead on the cushioned strewn floor and one of my spare 12 tog continental quilts!
Mother got me up at 10 to “entertain” my house guest. (Too early, toooo early it's Sunday and it's inhuman to rise before noon. It's in the Geneva convention of human rights) Toast, more Tea and a decent lunch (Futsies treat) at a local café and eventually I said goodbye at around 6 pm.
Mind you I receive a text from him saying that it had taken him over an hour to go eleven miles though London! (Mutterings of the nightmare journey pt 2 )
Mind you, the good news is that mother raised no real objections to you staying over for a visit. She only was annoyed because we had “nothing in” to feed him with.
(Phew and the nightmare of me telling you about the nightmare journey ends too!!!)

Oh… and I`ve finally discovered what the name Futsie refers to. (And Henry, being a Judge Dredd fan should have known this.) A Futsie is a resident of Mega City one who suddenly cracks under the strain of living there and becomes a homicidal maniac.

Pictures soon... if they come out.

What an exciting and tiring day and night you and Futs had!

Success is liking yourself,liking what you do,
and liking how you do it..

Maya Angelou, poet...
RichardWho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what Roberta didn't say, is that she lives on the south side of London, so I'm not sure how exactly Futsie avoided London traffic by parking at her place, unless he drove half way round the M25 London Orbital Motorway and then into Croydon on the M23. Probably quicker than driving across London.

(On one occassion some years ago when I was driving to Birmingham from Dover, one of the people in my car suggested I would save mileage by driving through London rather than round the M25; I retorted that given that this passenger did not even know her way round Birmingham, there's no way I'd trust her to navigate me across London!)
TraceyJane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great meet up. will try to post photos later.

TJ Avon
TraceyJane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE LONDON PHOTOS

We had our meet up in London to coincide with white afro's visit to the UK

white afro with partner Lisa and the GeneGenie

RichardWho joins us after getting his first pint

SteveR wears his Blake's7 t-shirt in case any one new turns up

We were pleased to meet a new member - Inquisitor- from the horizon forum.

The table soon gets crowded

So crowded that the GeneGenie has to move onto the window sill

Futsie with tea and the doctor alt 8 watching

will try to post some more photos later .... imageshack being a bit temperamental at the moment

TJ Avon
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=violet]Er that photo makes my breasts look ... huge![/color]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEP!

Great photos - wish I could have made it!
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
YEP!

Great photos - wish I could have made it!

DITTO!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Artilla
Beast's precious num-num

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww!!!!

I'm in trouble - didn't go meet Afro in New York - could have afforded
the flight but the hotels were outrageous. I think we should all go see
the Aussies in Oz sometime!
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COULDN`T WE CAMP IN CENRTAL PARK?

Artilla
Beast's precious num-num

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DOCTOR ALT 8 wrote:

COULDN`T WE CAMP IN CENRTAL PARK?

Ninjas wouldn't camp in Central Park
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even camp Ninjas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Conventions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: