Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

How To Survive If You're In Blake's 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: How To Survive If You're In Blake's 7 Reply with quote

So there you are, minding your own business and wondering whether to have chips for tea, when a gang of of freedom fighters in huge shoulder pads and studded gloves appear and start shooting at you with hair dryers.

'Damn' you think 'I'm in an episode of Blake's 7! How the hell am I going to get out of this alive?'

Here then are they key points that you must remember if you are to have any hope of surviving.

DON'T be related any of the crew. This renders you a spare and therefore disposable.

DON'T plead nuetrality. This means that both sides will want to shoot you just to prove how ruthless they are to the other side. Worse, they will lecture you.

DON'T have any interests and skills that could be useful to get the crew out of a tight corner. They're quite capable of doing it for themselves and just want you along so they can make snide comments when you die later.

DON'T do anything nice that you don't have to. This will be interpretted as weakness

DON'T claim to love peace. Almost all SF script writers in the 70's were clearly consumed with bitterness that they missed all the fun in the 60's and nurtured an abiding grudge against hippies of all types.

DON'T try to be a voice of reason. There's no place for reason in a good bloodbath.

DON'T snog any of the crew unless it's Vila

DON'T snog Vila. That'd be just plain wrong.

DON'T wear an outfit that is slightly silly but not silly enough to be memorable.

DON'T offer to stay anywhere that's going to be destroyed, especially if the crew are suddenly elsewhere.

Case Study in Doing It Very Wrong
----------------------------------------

Zelda in Children of Auron. Poor, idiotic Zelda, she's only got herself to blame. Not just a sister but a clone, she stays in a doomed building to save Servalan's children, she's from a planet full of nuetral peace lovers and that outfit might as well have have had 'Shoot me, I'm a danger to myself' embroidered on the sleeves.

Learn from her mistake.
BabylonRebel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON'T believe everything that idiot Tarrant says. It'll most likely get you and everyone else killed.

DO make sure you keep hold of that extremely powerful alien battleship you find. Your chances of survival are much higher in that than a rusty skip with thrusters and a pop gun.

DON'T trust any of Avon's old friends. Now your a fugitive, your fair game to anyone.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO stay with Avon - where it's safe. Um, or maybe DON'T...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONT go anywhere near the Crew if you happen to be a twin - You'll either get shot, blown up or worse

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 96
dave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How To Survive If You're In Blake's 7 Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:
DON'T do anything nice that you don't have to. This will be interpretted as weakness

No good deed goes unpunished. aye.

Best rule is, if Servalan has any interest in you for whatever reason, good or bad, just run and don't look back. Even if what you can offer her can be of help. No good deed goes unpunished. I think Carnell was the only one smart enough to get out in time.
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote :
"DON'T snog Vila. That'd be just plain wrong. "

I BEG YOUR PARDON?

You take that back now `Rochy, you just WISH you were in Vila`s league!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case Study In Getting It Very Right
-----------------------------------------

Norl from City At the Edge of the World

Hardly anyone ever comments on it, but Norl is clearly the single smartest man in the Blake's 7 universe. He gets a nice new planetoid full of gems for him and his friends to live on, all his enemies are killed and he's even got that relaxing gregorian chanting to listen to if he feels the need to unwind after having his beard combed.

How does he manage all this? By the clever policy of not seeming too bothered about anything, not getting too involved and leaving people to their own devices. None of this 'But surely we should...' or 'Let me help you...' or 'My amazing plot device invention could...' stuff. He just waits for things to go his way.

From this we can easily deduce that the entire of Blake's 7 boils down to a very simple life lesson: Life sucks but don't worry, it'll probably sort itself out in the end.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:
Case Study In Getting It Very Right
-----------------------------------------

Norl from City At the Edge of the World

Hardly anyone ever comments on it, but Norl is clearly the single smartest man in the Blake's 7 universe. He gets a nice new planetoid full of gems for him and his friends to live on, all his enemies are killed and he's even got that relaxing gregorian chanting to listen to if he feels the need to unwind after having his beard combed.

How does he manage all this? By the clever policy of not seeming too bothered about anything, not getting too involved and leaving people to their own devices. None of this 'But surely we should...' or 'Let me help you...' or 'My amazing plot device invention could...' stuff. He just waits for things to go his way.

Quote:
From this we can easily deduce that the entire of Blake's 7 boils down to a very simple life lesson: Life sucks but don't worry, it'll probably sort itself out in the end.

... except on Gauda Prime...?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:

Quote:

... except on Gauda Prime...?

Silly Orac! If only he hadn't bothered with all that line through infinity business and just said 'Oh don't get in a tizzy Avon. Have a cup of tea instead'

Last edited by Cockroach Boy on Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USEFUL PHRASES TO HELP YOU SURVIVE

'I think I'll fit the restraining device on this homicidal headless robot before I turn it on. It's just common sense really'

'Don't be stupid Justin'

'I am worth dying for, come back at once'

'Why don't we just have a game of scrabble and a nice meal instead, Vinnie?'

'No, of course I haven't betrayed you Avon'

'Maximum power after we've made sure this slime ridden ship won't blow up'

'Servalan you say? In my underground hideaway full of weapons my daughter built? Why, I do believe I'll lock all the cupboards'

'Maybe we should improve quarantine checks on this colony?'

'Actually, this Kasabi woman sounds a bit incompetent. Let's not go back to Earth'

'Vila hasn't got any of us killed or our ship blown up or our relatives killed. Let's listen to him for once'

'You are so not going out dressed like that'
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Novara, don't forget to shut that door; you know what those pesky Decimas are like."

"You must get these energy cells to my father. Planet Aristo. I'll just stay here in your nice comfortable medical bay. I'm not feeling very well, you know. I fell in a small box from the edge of space to the surface of a rocky planet and then I got radiation poisoning. I think I need a bit of a lie down. Wake me up when we get to Aristo. Zzzzzz."

"If you don't mind, I'd prefer to play the Klute at scrabble."

"Must remember to keep my gloves ON. I'll do my nails to match my two-tone pink hair AFTER the radioactive airborne virus has cleared!"

"The victory is mine! I am Charl here! Your vapour lied! ...oh, thanks for the drink - waaaiiiit a minute "

"Keldan Control, this is Nova Queen. You can take zero-four-zero and shove it up your ore carrier! I'm outta here! [beep] "

"You can pressurise your main drive tube so I can work in there? Hang on, I'll just switch off the power at the supply, in case the stardrive fires while I'm still working on it. I mean otherwise that would be like fixing a toaster with it still plugged in, right?"

"I'd love to stay here and gloat at you Kairopan workers left behind after the last day, but I'd really better make sure they don't go taking off without me."

"It'd be pretty unsporting to shoot Vinni in the back... but... ah, what the hell." (BANG)

"Reeval, did you remember the Link repellant?"

"I've been on a diet, Avon. In fact I've just got under the magic 70 kilo mark!"

Avon "Yes! .... no... let me think about this... there's TWO curly-haired idiots now... things are even more royally messed up than usual... why am I even surprised??"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"With your permission sir I'd like to go see those tunnels he was talking about. Acutally forget I asked, who cares - none of my business, let him go to Cygnus Alpha the dirty pervert."

"I know that voice! - you used to be on the telly didn't you?"

"No, I shall stay and fight. Sorry, momentary rush of blood .. take me with you!"
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy Quote 'Vila hasn't got any of us killed or our ship blown up or our relatives killed. Let's listen to him for once'

Ahhh words of wisdom!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NaomiJane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How To Survive If You're In Blake's 7 ........... Duck!!

"I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later."
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Well Jarvik, maybe before getting all snooty about technology, you'd like to consider what's keeping you alive in the airless vacuam of space'

'I'm not sure feather's really suit you'

'Acctually, when Mutoids are dismissed from the service, we are given a bag of money and some chocolate'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: