Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Persuit ship or TIE fighter?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Federation Persuit Ship or TIE fighter
Federation Persuit Ship
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
TIE fighter
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Persuit ship or TIE fighter? Reply with quote

A follow up to Hogswines poll...

The TIE fighters make what is generally considered to be one of the coolest noises ever but are they betten than B7's own Fed Pursuit Ship ?
hogswine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the spartan interiors of the Pursuit ships. They come from the same Federation ethos as the London. It reflects a dictatorship in which utiitarianism has overtaken all artistic expression. Even Servalan's office relfects this.

Both Tie Fighters and Pursuit Ships are used by their respective dictatorships as disposable commodities however, with scant regard for human life.
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither - I prefer the TIE Interceptors, as the design is so much better. They look fast just standing still.
hogswine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually prefer the shape of the Tie Bomber for that matter... I am not sure why I like it. Also, the Lambda class shuttle looks great. If you don't know what ships I mean, you can find their images on their Wikipedia pages.

Did you find that none of the ships from the prequel trilogy seemed to have as much "personality?" They were more like space taxis. Everyone knows the X-Wing figheter but I do not even know what those yellow ships from Phantom Menace were caled and Padme's silver ship completely lacked the charm of the Millenium Falcon. Only the return of the Tantive IV in Revenge of the Sith (the same Rebel ship that appears at the beginning of the original Star Wars film) seemed to have any of these qualities for me. Maybe I am growing old but the newer space ships just did not capture my imagination in the slightest.
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Eps I-III are way too slick and don't have the clunky, messy charm of the originals.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many iconic vehicles in the original trilogy - the TIE fighters, the X Wings, the Star Destroyers, the speeder bikes and Imperial Walkers. And not forgetting Slave 1!

Sadly the new films didn't have a single ship that really sticks in the mind.
hogswine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slave's role in Clones was welcome. I think the affection for the ships woudl have been greater had the space chase in Phantom Menace been longer. As it is R2 fixes Padme's ship and they land on Tatooine in a few minutes, with no suspense, no real pursuit and so on. A scene more rminiscent of teh tense chase in Empire Strikes Back would have served a more useful purpose. Because most o f the action is then focusse on Qui-Gonn and Padme, there are few cuts to Obi-Wan back on the ship and no real scenes of him trying to repair systems, etc, the way Solo is continualy tinkering with the Falcon and cursing it. Actually giving the ship a name (or heaven forbid, a talking computer) may have helped as well.

More action, such as Darth Maul trying to stalk them from his own ship would have helped.

At the end of the film, cutting the entire ridiculous fight between Jar Jar's tribe and the robots and spending more time on the little yellow ships may have helped to, although it was ridiculous to see a ten year old Anaking steering it, with or without Force intuition/guidance!

Sith is definitely the best prequel by a long margin IMHO but I really hate the ending of the film, one of the reasons being the fact that as soon as Palpatine beats Yoda, he orders his shuttle prepared and arrives where Anakin is burning up on the volcano planet within five seconds, hence the "space taxi" comment.

Speaking of the Revenge of the SIth ending, why did Padme die when Leia claims she remembered her as a child in Return of the Jedi? I thought she would live in hiding on Alderaan, possibly crippled by Anakin's attack but not dyig of a broken heart during childbirth. That really weakened what was otherwise one of the better Star Wars films for me.
inge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Federation pursuit ships as they were more interesting in style and interior.
Hogswine said:
Quote:

Speaking of the Revenge of the SIth ending, why did Padme die when Leia claims she remembered her as a child in Return of the Jedi? I thought she would live in hiding on Alderaan, possibly crippled by Anakin's attack but not dyig of a broken heart during childbirth. That really weakened what was otherwise one of the better Star Wars films for me.

I agree with this. Perhaps a continuity error on the part of the writers?
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hogswine and Janov have you ever played the X-Wing vs Tie fighter series. You're know that the only imperial fighter that's actually half decent is the Tie Advanced (I think that's what it's called). The Tie fighter is certainly more iconic for me than the pursuit ship as they where used sparingly during the series. Whereas the ties where always present (e.g. In New Hope the darth vader's tie is far more frightening (if thats the way to describe it) than Travis' pursuit ship in Duel.
Little Rascal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Persuit ship or TIE fighter? Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:
A follow up to Hogswines poll...

The TIE fighters make what is generally considered to be one of the coolest noises ever but are they betten than B7's own Fed Pursuit Ship ?

In Space, Tie fighters cant scream! Neither can they bank and turn! I'm surprised he wasn't given a Para-chute!
Why, when pukes father is Judged, Correctly to be "TOO OLD" to be trained, does Obi- Juan train his MUCH older Son??? etc etc etc. Dont Question the Plot, that way leads to Madness!

(Coolest noises ever? You are a Geek! )
( "GAWD YES"! now do my Best Friend ! Mucho Grande Ruido fonda !)

Last edited by Little Rascal on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Persuit ship or TIE fighter? Reply with quote

Little Rascal wrote:
You are a Geek!

Well, duh!
Little Rascal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can help me, La Cucaracha Garcia,
What is the Attraction of this Silly franchise ! Asside from the $$$$$ that roll out of your Pockets and into Bank Accounts belonging to Those that dont Need Any-More $$$$$$ any-more ?

Last edited by Little Rascal on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should have A pro/anti Star Wars thread?
Little Rascal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:
Maybe we should have A pro/anti Star Wars thread?

PLEASE... NO!!!! I"LL DO ANYTHING!!!! Just dont Do It! except the W word!

Think of Humanity!
Nick Scovell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for pursuit ship, naturally. They may wobble sometimes, but they look for more practical than the TIE fighters. It aways struck me that a pilot of a TIE fighter wouldn't be able to see left or right, would he? What with those big wings sticking out of the sides like big barn doors!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: