Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Do you want Blake's 7 to come back?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want Blake's 7 to come back?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
It's too late
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Do you want Blake's 7 to come back? Reply with quote

The proposed TV Movie and the audios have met with a response that is muted at best.

So do you acctually want B7 to come back in any form? Are the four series we have enough? Did they tell the story so well that any further additions are simply a repitition?

Or does B7 have the potential to follow inthe footsteps of Doctor Who - spawning an audio range, a book series, maybe even the long promised tv movie? Could the best B7 stories be waiting to be told?

Or has the window of opportunity closed now anyway?
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first person to say "They must have changed something in The Matrix" gets killed.

No, for the 5 million'th time.

& I wouldn't want it even if they ressurected Akira Kurosawa to direct it, ressurected Richard Burton for Blake. & Had Patrick Mcgoohan as Avon.
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well now," - I did want the show to return when it was first mentioned and, "PAUL" was involved with a certian project that a certain company planned to do 7 year's ago.

But, No Smiley I wouldn't want it back now. Despite the recent success of "DW" - (which in many ways I'm begining to wish had not returned now, in some ways).

A updated CG!-laden SFX (new crew) sort of show is not "BLAKE'S 7" (I LOVE) as far as I'm concerned.

Part of the charm of "B7" and, "DW" was the fact they were done on a low budget but, still they worked better than a lot of stuff does today.

Having WOBBLY SETS, etc, was part of their CHARM.

And, I miss seeing a QUARRY in the NEW "DW"
Crying Smiley Crying Smiley Crying Smiley

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Ron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got the four series and The Sevenfold Crown/Syndeton Experiment so far. Yes, more audios would be great but only if some of the original cast are involved.
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new series that takes place in the same universe might have some merit, but I don't want to see a recast and redone B7 nor do I want to see the old characters recast in new stories.

However, I don't think we have anything to worry about until a different production company obtains the rights to B7.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new B7 WON`T feature ANY of the orig cast - in Visual and Audio (if thats anything to go by! )
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was any sharper he'd hurt himself
Rojblake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is not a remake and they do not recast for a continuation then yes to more stories set in the world of Blakes 7. Ideally a contination with some original cast members who would then hand over to a new bunch of heros that we could all get to know and love.
ZEN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult question! - Given I've watched more of the newer DW series ( and actually liked), than what I ever did with the older series!! I'm just wondering if the same would apply to viewers of the alleged new series of Blake's Seven!!

I personally have mixed feelings for the project, given I grew up with B7 and I'm from the 'old guard' of fandom!!! No offence too DW, but Blake's Seven was more complexed in the extreme!!! Getting those 'extremes' right today will be difficult, at what cost though!! , character-interaction, effects!!!

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 96
inge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Zen on this one.
Given that so much time has passed, its difficult to see how a new B7 would have the same spirit as the original, and that's what we all so much apprecaite about it.
I really enjoy the new series of Dr Who and Battlestar Galactica, so I'm not opposed to doing remakes as such, but the characters of B7 are so special, no-one else could do them justice, no matter how good an actor or actress they are.
white afro in space

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Val could have put it any better.

Take a look around you. Have a look at the movies that come out at the multiplex, have a look at the bulk of TV shows that are put out at present. Apart from isolated gems, I can't think of an environment that would be less responsive to some B7 being thrown in the mix.

Those with a more revolutionary outlook might suggest that such an environment is therefore perfect fo Blake's fight against an oppresive regime to rear its head and smite contemporary media oppression. However, this isn't the 70s. Shows aren't made like that anymore. Soulless committees appraise target audiences, likely advertising revenue where appropriate, and miscellaneous revenue from ancillary marketing strategies - woo hoo! Go Blake!!

For what I think is most likely to happen in a meeting where Blake's 7 is pitched to TV executives today, see:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/callyfornia/ - then click "Crossover" and then Click "If B7 Were Made Today"
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem from the posts that the 'no' vote comes from people that feel that B7 shouldn't return because (a) the old series was good enough and does not need revision and (b) a show like that couldn't be made in the TV set up we currently have.

So, focussing on the second point, is there any reason that a successful form of B7 could not exist in a different medium? Both Big Finish and Virgin Publishing (and BBC books, though they were less consistent) produced Doctor Who stories that were more sophisticated and often more emotive than the TV series that spawned them.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
A new B7 WON`T feature ANY of the orig cast - in Visual and Audio (if thats anything to go by! )

Unless Big Finish did it! They even peursaded Janet 'I hate Doctor Who' Fielding to reprise the role of Tegan.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine wrote:

And, I miss seeing a QUARRY in the NEW "DW"[/size][/b] Crying Smiley Crying Smiley Crying Smiley

There's a good one in The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit!!
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

white afro in space wrote:
Soulless committees appraise target audiences, likely advertising revenue where appropriate, and miscellaneous revenue from ancillary marketing strategies - woo hoo! Go Blake!!
& I am already more than satisfied that this is being run by lawyers.

It ain't no way to be creative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: