Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Who should be the Democrats Presidential Candidate in 2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Other Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Democrates 2008 Presidential Candidate
John Edwards
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Al Gore
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
John Kerry
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Hilary Clinton
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Other
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? HC - war supporter and friend of the rich -and they`re all tied to the same bit of string!
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
Who cares? HC - war supporter and friend of the rich -and they`re all tied to the same bit of string!

I'll agree with all of this except that Al Gore doesn't fit in this category.

Besides, he won the first time he ran...
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True - and just think how much better the World might have been .....
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that anyone's voted for him in this poll, but you can take Kerry off the list. He says he won't be running in 2008. I'm not surprised.
Flipper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats wrote:
Flipper wrote:
I picked other - I like Bill Richardson (Governor of New Mexico) as president with Barak Obama (Freshman Senator from Illinois) as his running mate.

Richardson was former energy secretary under Clinton. He's a moderate and he has the hispanic vote, which can take a few of the big states, i.e. Texas and California.

Obama is probably too green, but there's something I really like about him - he's got a charisma that will make him very electable.

I think both want to pull out of Iraq as well, which is going to be the big issue in 08.

On the Republican side, I would be intersted to see if Rudy will run. He's actually pro Gay Marriage, pro-choice, and a moderate on economic and foreign policy. I personally think his party will turn on him because he's not conservative enough, but if he wins the nomination, I'm going to have a hard time deciding.

Guiliani is someone who would turn this country into a Police State.
He never reined in NYPD at it's most brutal when he was in charge
of New York City and the NYPD declared open warfare on minorities.
He will condone every thing the Military does if he is elected.
I would never vote for him!
Who would be the first lady his newest wife or mistress?
Rudy is a player as was Bill Clinton and we all know how that turned out.

I could care less who the first lady is - while I wouldn't want him leading my church or be a moral compass that I would ascribe to, what does that have to do with running the country? He's pro choice and not anti-gay marriage. I know there's more to him, and there are a lot of things about him I don't agree with, as with most of the other candidates from EITHER party, but it would sure be a breath of fresh air to not have a president trying to shove his religious views down our throats.
Flipper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlakNo1 wrote:
Not that anyone's voted for him in this poll, but you can take Kerry off the list. He says he won't be running in 2008. I'm not surprised.

Thank God!!!

Bill Richards is running - he's still the guy I like.
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Edwards is off my dance card. He is more than willing to invade Iran over supposed nuclear weapons.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/535476.html

BTW, Giuliani is easily the most provably corrupt of all the possible Republican candidates. He'll never get the nomination.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Rudy+Giuliani+Bernard+Kerik&btnG=Google+Search
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if I needed another reason to consign John Edwards to the trash heap, he has come out against equal marriage rights, which means he is a homophobe as well as a war monger.
Flipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How so - is Edwards personally opposed, or did he actually say he would approve a constitutional ban? A lot of people who are for equal marriage rights, are only for it because they don't believe the government has the right to legislate it. I can handle that. You can't judge a personal opinion, if that's only as far as it goes.

I'm not so sure I would want Iran to have a nuclear bomb either. However, I didn't take it from the article that he's ready to start invading, period. He said that all options are on the table. We could infer that it means invading, but it may also mean demanding inspections - which I would be for. I don't think Edwards is going to get the nomination anyway - he's tied too much to Kerry, and is trying too hard to distance himself.

So Giuliani is corrupt? All the others are to some extent, it's how obvious it is that counts. I'm never said I was in his fanclub, but if it's between him and someone I despise from the Dem side - it's going to be a tough call.
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a politician says that "All options are on the table" when it comes to a situation like this, it means that invasion/bombing is one of those options, especially when you're at a right-wing Zionist convention such as the Herzliya Conference.

The only reason that Iran wants nukes is because they know that if they get one, we won't invade them. Incidently, what makes it okay for us, or Israel for that matter, to have nukes, but not Iran?

Believe me, if the choice in 2008 is between say, Hillary & Rudy, I'll be voting 3rd party.
Rojblake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlakNo1 wrote:

Believe me, if the choice in 2008 is between say, Hillary & Rudy, I'll be voting 3rd party.

Just for the sake of an argument if you HAD to vote for one, Hillary or Rudy, which one would you pick?

BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NONE -REPUBLICAN /DEMOCRAT / NEO CONS / ETC - all the same - the rich and big business come first!
grazialand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed that all parties are the same & they only have
their own agenda in mind, & don't give a hoot about the voters,

but out of two evils if those two were left i'd choose the lesser
one, Hillary, because i don't think Giuliani has a chance of making it

Mc Cain has a better chance of making it & i don't care one way
or onother cause neither of them will get my vote!
I'm sick & tired of republicans making a mess around the world !

Success is liking yourself,liking what you do,
and liking how you do it..

Maya Angelou, poet...

Last edited by grazialand on Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rojblake wrote:
BlakNo1 wrote:

Just for the sake of an argument if you HAD to vote for one, Hillary or Rudy, which one would you pick?

Hillary, by far, is the lesser of two evils in that equation. Yeah, I'd be getting a pro-war culture warrior but at least Hillary wouldn't attempt to put a thug like Bernard Kerik in charge of our nations security.

As I've said, I'm convinced Giuliani won't be the nominee. If I had any to spare, I'd bet money on it. It'll be either Chuck Hagel, John McCain or Mitt Romney(in that order).
Flipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlakNo1 wrote:
Rojblake wrote:
BlakNo1 wrote:

Hillary, by far, is the lesser of two evils in that equation. Yeah, I'd be getting a pro-war culture warrior but at least Hillary wouldn't attempt to put a thug like Bernard Kerik in charge of our nations security.

As I've said, I'm convinced Giuliani won't be the nominee. If I had any to spare, I'd bet money on it. It'll be either Chuck Hagel, John McCain or Mitt Romney(in that order).

I agree too that Hilary would be the lesser and with that scenerio, I would vote for Hilary. I don't think she'll get the nomination, though. I think she made herself unelectable.

I don't think McCain will get it either - he's jumped from the right to the left and to the right again, so many times, it makes my head spin.

I wish we had a good strong 3rd party, but we don't. The problem with voting 3rd party, is that you are basically giving your vote to one of the other two. Might as well pick the lessor of the evils and go there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Other Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 3 of 49

Jump to: