Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Worst Episode Season Two

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Worst Episode Season Two
Redemption
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Shadow
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Weapon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Horizon
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Pressure Point
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Trial
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Killer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hostage
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Countdown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voice From The Past
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Gambit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Keeper
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Star One
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Worst Episode Season Two Reply with quote

What was the biggest stinker from Season 2?
white afro in space

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Horizon because, basically, I can hardly remember anything from that ep apart from Avon going all ubermensch and saving everyone. Mind you, it was a close call with Jenna saving the Keeper and Servalan's Cinematic Showdown saving Voice from the Past from the ignominious title
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for The Keeper. Horizon may be dull but at least it's trying to say something. VFTP may be overfull of political stuff but it does try (the fact it was actually meant to be much earlier in the season doesn't help). Hostage succeeds with me as it's more of a comedy.

But The Keeper? Dreadful. Apart from the bits with Avon and Cally arguing about shooting down Pursuit One, it's just so awful. It serves no purpose other than to give Blake the location for Star One. No one wants to act, Bruce Purchase just shouts his way through the script... It's simply awful.
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like it but for having so many short exchanges 'Voice from the Past'.
dave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm....

A good season but a couple of clear contenders emerge.

My points.

*) I like Horizon.

*) Voice from the Past - it starts slowly and the scenes of Blake manipulating the gullible members of his crew are tedious. But this episode does become intriguing even whilest your laughing at Travis's ridiculous costume. Cinematic Servalan is gold.

*) Trial - The scenes of "the host" is a bit boring, but the travis/servalan stuff is good.

No it comes down to either The Keeper or Hostage which are both pretty bad - but at the end of the day Vila's scenes pretty much save Hostage for me (just!) whereas if there's a more annoying laugh than Jaqueline Pearce doing a dvd commentary then its that stupid old crone in The Keeper.
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
I voted for The Keeper. Horizon may be dull but at least it's trying to say something. VFTP may be overfull of political stuff but it does try (the fact it was actually meant to be much earlier in the season doesn't help). Hostage succeeds with me as it's more of a comedy.

But The Keeper? Dreadful. Apart from the bits with Avon and Cally arguing about shooting down Pursuit One, it's just so awful. It serves no purpose other than to give Blake the location for Star One. No one wants to act, Bruce Purchase just shouts his way through the script... It's simply awful.

I agree with Janov again... Horizon wastes a great opportunity to explore the nature of puppet dictatorships but it is nowhere near as vacuous as "The Keeper." Like everyone else, I love cinematic Servalan, which saves Voice as does the whole idea of a conspiracy within the Federation. Hostage is saved by "The Word" but it again is not great, especially with the "incest" line.

As Dave notes, Trial almost fails as Zil works nowhere near as well as intended, even at the level of dialogue (sorry, Mr Boucher.) However, the Trial itself is a classic, especially Travis' defence speech and Bucol and Rontane's realisation that Servalan has the upper hand all the way to the Presidency...
dave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was probably being a bit harsh having Trial on that list, but the first time I saw that episode it really didn't work for me. I've grown to appreciate it more through subsequent viewings.

However I think sometimes these episodes where you mix the main "story arc" with a "pure sci fi" type concept don't always work and in this case although Boucher had both Blake and Travis on "Trial", the Blake side of the story just distracted from what we really wanted to see.
inge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care much for Hostage, but settled for the Keeper as its just not that interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: