Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

FUTURE FORUM MEETINGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Conventions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

FUTURE FORUM MEETINGS
Should Forum Members only attend these meetings?
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Should Non-Forum Members also attend these meetings?
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Not bothered who attends these Forum meetings?
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

Artilla
Beast's precious num-num

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if Simon's OK with making it public, and he's at most of them and is
willing to be sort of "host-y" then there's not much more to be said, is
there?

And would you have to book a room or pay a fee? Can't someone just
phone ahead a few days or so beforehand and reserve a big table? Just be
a bit more emphatic about RSVPs or something?

Personally, I thought at the first meetup there was a good possibility BC
and Val would need us to roll up the carpet and make room for a tussle,
and look how that's all turned out.

Oh, except for the meeting if I come again - that one has to be just like I
want it, and all the people I want, and all the men have to wear teeny
battle shorts.
Cats

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we talking thongs here?

Last edited by Cats on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artilla wrote:
battle shorts.

In that case, the women will have to wear nothing and be prepared to remove the men's battle shorts with their teeth.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Artilla
Beast's precious num-num

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Rogerson wrote:
Artilla wrote:
battle shorts.

In that case, the women will have to wear nothing and be prepared to remove the men's battle shorts with their teeth.

That sounds more like YOUR special party than mine.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine wrote:
Steve Rogerson
Quote:
RichardWho
Quote:
Indeed! Since neither BC nor Valentine are coming to Brum, I don't know why they're getting so steamed up about this.

Quote:
That is the weirdest thing about it. They are not coming yet they want to control who else comes. I actually posted about the Brum meet on a B7 email list and Valentine had the nerve to reply effectively urging people not to come. That is really out of order given we have always said these are open to others and that she is not coming herself.

No Smiley "Steve" -I didn't urge folks not to come I just pointed out it was supposed to be for OUR FORUM MEMBERS!!! This is what I actually posted and nowhere do I tell people to stay away - just tell them that these are for OUR member's otherise why did we call them FORUM MEETINGS, in the first place??

Quote:
Hi there,

This is NOT actually a Beer & Blake's 7 drink-up meeting folks.

IT is a SIMON & LOUSIE "B7" FORUM get-together for folks who post/frequent that Forum.

Telling people from other places means, a split gathering and, far too many folks for the space available. This is the latest of several gatherings for those on the "S&L" Forum and, so, it could prove awkward for those who aren't familiar with the "regulars" who've attended several of these already and, through posting on "S&L" Forum for over three years, etc, WHO know each other's weird and, wonderful ways.

NO disrespect to fellow "B7" Fans who are not on "S&L's" Forum but, with "SteveR" inviting other people from outside our Forum. This has already caused splits within our Forum as a result.

And, I will be at BOTH events!!!

SteveRogerson
Quote:
It still doesn't negate my main point that we have always said on here, including in a poll run by Valentine, that we don't mind others coming, so it is more than a bit off her going round trying to discourage others coming. And then she has the nerve to accuse me of causing a split. I actually now hope she doesn't come because if she does me and her are likely to have a blazing row over this because I feel she has behaved really out of order.

ROW?? I love a good row I'm used to having them daily with a certain relative.

Let's just enjoy ourselves in "BRUM" - shall we "Steve"

Well since the rest of us are happy to meet all comers, that should not be too difficult. The More the Merrier!
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it isnt BEER AND BLAKES 7 - or any other of that ilk -it was orig suggested by a couple on here who wanted to meet others who post on here at a venue -you can always hold those other meets seperate from this forum!
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
it isnt BEER AND BLAKES 7 - or any other of that ilk -it was orig suggested by a couple on here who wanted to meet others who post on here at a venue -you can always hold those other meets seperate from this forum!

"CONFIRMED!"

"Well now," - Having been on this FORUM for almost two year's before the first FORUM MEETING was even suggested in the chatroom. I for one, would not have gone to any gathering had I not known the folks for some considerable time through posting on this FORUM, etc.

I certainly would NEVER go to a event of this kind arranged for another FORUM - (IF I WASN'T ON THAT FORUM).

As, I find it extremely difficult to attend events/places, etc, with folks I don't know even IF we share something in common like our interest/love of "B7"!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
RichardWho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:

Well if you dont want to meet new friends and generally broaden your horizons (pun intended!) that's fine. Just stay at home but please dont whinge if most of us feel differently.
white afro in space

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:
BLAKESCREWE wrote:

Well if you dont want to meet new friends and generally broaden your horizons (pun intended!) that's fine. Just stay at home but please dont whinge if most of us feel differently.

I've avoided weighing into this contoversy because I can see both sides, but that particular comment compels me to jump in. The comment seems to reflect the view that every single forum meeting from now until armegeddon should be open to anyone for, presumeably, the greater good of the general B7 community. Your comment literally denies members of this forum the right to organise a meeting of fellow forum members where they can joke and carry on in a manner beyond the bounds of polite society i.e in a manner that befits our shared experience on this forum.

Noone is against other B7 fans, and sure, some meetings can be made open to all interested parties. All anyone is calling for is the space to have a forum-only meet. Is there anything wrong with that? Yet somehow because of a prior poll, which in hindsight may not have been worded in a way as to reflect the consensus of forum feeling, this cannot happen. That strikes me as madness.
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the annual forum Gang Bang could become overtiring if we allow non forum members to continue to attend.
Cats

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well at least Valentine is not requesting nude women and scantily clad men
although personally I would never vote no to men in thongs

Besides it's cold out there brrr and could get arrested as a flasher on the
train and miss the forum meet altogether
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE_LIBERATOR wrote:
Yes, the annual forum Gang Bang could become overtiring if we allow non forum members to continue to attend.

Plus the non forum members seem to object to me talking about Cyber continuity in the throes of passion for some reason....
RichardWho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

white afro in space wrote:

I've avoided weighing into this contoversy because I can see both sides, but that particular comment compels me to jump in. The comment seems to reflect the view that every single forum meeting from now until armegeddon should be open to anyone for, presumeably, the greater good of the general B7 community. Your comment literally denies members of this forum the right to organise a meeting of fellow forum members where they can joke and carry on in a manner beyond the bounds of polite society i.e in a manner that befits our shared experience on this forum.

Noone is against other B7 fans, and sure, some meetings can be made open to all interested parties. All anyone is calling for is the space to have a forum-only meet. Is there anything wrong with that? Yet somehow because of a prior poll, which in hindsight may not have been worded in a way as to reflect the consensus of forum feeling, this cannot happen. That strikes me as madness.

I think you should bear in mind the following:-

1) The majority of forum members are OK with non-forum members attending

2) If you have the meeting at a public place, such as a pub, you can't stop non-forum members attending

3) If only forum members attended, hardly anyone would come since for a number of reasons , a lot of the members of this forum are unable to travel very far afield. This is not meant to be a criticism of anyone, merely a statement of fact.

4) It occurs to me that these meetings are a good way of recruiting people to the forum. After all, not everyone has limitless time to go on all the forums there are out there. In my experience of going to conventions I've met loads of people who might join this forum if they knew of its existence
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we need a kind of agreed 'etiquette' for inviting non forum members.

If people are specific at the beginning as to what kind of event they wanted to organise and someone wants to change that, they PM the 'organiser' to ask if its okay? So say for example Val organised an event that was Forum Members only, if anyone wanted to invite some non-forum people they let her know first?

Like I've said before, I don't have a problem with non forum members showing up to events - hell, with me they can't get a word in edgeways anyway - but I can also see why people favour the smaller events where they will be meeting those they've already spoken to online.
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

white afro in space
Quote:
RichardWho
Quote:
BLAKESCREWE
Quote:

RichardWho
Quote:

Quote:

Thank you for those comments "White Afro" - that is what I've been trying to point out all along.

SPACE at a particular venue also denote how many folks from here can attend - never mind others!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Conventions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: