Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Series Four - The Planet Terminal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
star one

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Series Four - The Planet Terminal Reply with quote

After watching the episode Terminal and then Rescue, why was the artificial planet Terminal shaped differently in Rescue, like a normal planet, when it had previously been oval shaped in series 3?

Where did Avon and co get hold of a federation blaster when Servalans staff didn't use that type of weapon?
THE DOCTOR ALT 8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: * Reply with quote

The simple answer ( and there is no nice fancy scientific explination ) is that it was a contniuty error.
Remember both cast and crew belived that season 3 would be the last and that the fouth was commissioned entirly on the off chance .... leaving a larger gap. between the stories... details got lost so the fact that terminal was suposed to be an egg shaped asteroid... was forgotten. I surpose we should concider ourselfs lucky that they got the name right....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you wanted to claim that the planet was unstable and changed shape...?

Or maybe they had Zen's viewer on widescreen mode in Terminal when it should have been in 4:3 ratio?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing wrong with my scanners thank you

Anyway, back to Star Ones post! There is another possible explanation for the difference in shape, given the length of time between episodes (18 months ) maybe the planet had evolved to the stage it was at , come the start of Rescue! - this could account for the 'sub-surface explosions of great depth and power" taking place as registered by Slave. Alas I'm more inclined to follow The Docs view that it was nothing more than just a continuity error Yes Smiley

As for the Fed Trooper gun! Maybe brought it along on route to Terminal cause she felt safer having it to hand! But thats little more than speculation! - though I'm more inclined to believe she brought it along, as she did with that Liberator teleport braclet! Yes Smiley

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 176
robbins1940

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:
There is nothing wrong with my scanners thank you

Anyway, back to Star Ones post! There is another possible explanation for the difference in shape, given the length of time between episodes (18 months ) maybe the planet had evolved to the stage it was at , come the start of Rescue! - this could account for the 'sub-surface explosions of great depth and power" taking place as registered by Slave. Alas I'm more inclined to follow The Docs view that it was nothing more than just a continuity error Yes Smiley

As for the Fed Trooper gun! Maybe brought it along on route to Terminal cause she felt safer having it to hand! But thats little more than speculation! - though I'm more inclined to believe she brought it along, as she did with that Liberator teleport braclet! Yes Smiley

Well you got to remember that the Liberator was suffering from the Fluid Particals at the time when Terminal was on screen.
ZEN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbins1940 Quote:

"Well you got to remember that the Liberator was suffering from the Fluid Particals at the time when Terminal was on screen."

- yes, but not to the extent at that point that if would effect the scanners !! No Smiley - the auto-repair systems were repairing the hull sensors and I dare say the hull of the ship at this point!

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 176
SHARPBLUE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah... the BBC buggered up the script. No mystery about it. Continuuity error as was mentioned.

On another note, how did the fluid eat into the Liberator without the Air escaping out, and do you notice how long it takes the crew to notice the 'melted cheese' bubbling all over the place.

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk & about.me/markkeen
white afro in space

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to posit a theory on the discrepancy surrounding Terminal. Couldn't the later view have been taken from a different point around the planet? If they were looking at the planet from a vantage point 90 degrees to the left or right of the original view, wouldn't then the planet appear spherical?
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the change in shape is linked (no pun intended) to the seismic upheavels the planet is undergoing?
Simon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was probably that natural phenomenon known as continuity-screw-up. But Afro's idea of the planet being filmed from another angle sounds more fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: