Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Series Four - Cally or Soolin
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucifer Sam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I much prefered Cally, particularly in Season 1 ("May you die alone, and silent!") However, I felt the character was never developed as much as it could have been, and by the end of her run in the show she had simply become the crew's mum.

It's a shame more was not made of her alienness and her loneliness - after all, she saw her whole planet wiped out. Maybe if the scrptwriters could have found a way of staying with 'Evil Cally' from the Sargophagus episode...

Beyond the obvious eye candy aspect, I never saw the point of Soolin. I felt her character was too much of a cliche, not that well acted, and that as a Girl Who Likes Guns she brought nothing that Deyna didn't already provide.

The character I missed most, though, was Jenna. Hot, obviously, and she had a laconic, cynical character that would have clashed brilliantly with Avon's, particularly with Blake no longer on the scene.
Lucifer Sam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to add that Cally was also extremely attractive, with a truly fascinating face and a lithe, graceful figure. Just as 'hot' as Soolin and Jenna.
Mary Lou Jensen

Location: Bowels of a disused space station with Hudson (shoot me now!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefered Cally as she was first season - in first season she was the Soolin character, whilst Jenna was a skilled pilot. Then Danya came along and she was the Soolin character so Cally had to drop into needy female role, then Soolin came along and Dayna ended up in the needy female role.

I would have liked Soolin better if she'd been a skilled pilot rather than yet another weapon's expert, then maybe Daya could have stayed the plucky young thing she was.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then Tarrant could have been the needy female character?

Location: Bowels of a disused space station with Hudson (shoot me now!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
And then Tarrant could have been the needy female character?

"Zips Mouth". No, loved Tarrant..........actually, didn't they use him as the needy female on a couple of occasions? Sand comes to mind immediately
MagnusGreel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all had to be good with guns, you know, so it isn't strange or wrong for the show to have two women who are good with guns, any more than two men who are good with guns.

I'd pick Cally and Soolin. I appreciate Soolin more and more every time. Smart, actually had wit, and despite everything about how she looked and moved being extremely sexy, at no point do you (I that is) feel she has no business being there as a fighter, or that she isn't real, or isn't pulling her weight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: