Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

A Ron Moore Battlestar Galatica tv movie prequel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What things would you like to see in a possible Ron Moore Battlestar Galactica prequel tv movie on the Sci-Fi Channel?
a storyline that focuses on a young William "Husker" Adama, featuring chrome "walking toasters" Cylons, traditional Cylon raiders and Basestars, along with the other Battlestars in action
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
a storyline that focuses on a young Tigh, featuring chrome "walking toasters" Cylons, old Cylon raiders and Basestars, along with the other Battlestars in action
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
a storyline that focuses on Peter Dash, Galatica's first commander, featuring featuring chrome "walking toasters" Cylons, old Cylon raiders and Basestars, along with the other Battlestars in action
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Whitestar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: A Ron Moore Battlestar Galatica tv movie prequel? Reply with quote

In my previous post entitled, "Which version of Battlestar Galatica is superior?", nearly everyone agreed that Ron Moore's version is way better than original creator Glen A. Larson's interpretation.

For those that haven't read it, click on the following link here:

http://www.blakes-7.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460

Anyway, prior to the mini-series premiere, Ron Moore initially expressed interest in creating a prequel tv movie, going into further details on how the war between the Colonials and Cylons began. Obviously, that never happened and I began thinking about the prospects of seeing such a project. Considering how well the new show is doing in the ratings, I think it is absolutely doable.

For this prequel, I would like to see those old chrome "walking toasters" prominiently featured, it makes sense because those were the first models. In addition, I would like the story to focuse on a young William "Husker" Adama participating in the first Cylon war. Also, I would like to see the old Basestars and Cylon fighter crafts like the models we saw encased in glass in the mini-series, and of course, the Battlestar Galatica herself, along with all the other Battlestars in action. Even a storyline featuring Peter Dash, Galatica's first commander sounds appealing. (Yes, Ron Moore has confirmed this).

What things would you like to see in a possible Ron Moore Battlestar Galactica prequel tv movie on the Sci-Fi Channel?

Whitestar
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer the focus be on Young Bill Adama. However, at this point, I'm willing to have faith in whatever Ron Moore would think is the better story to tell.
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with the first option.

However, if I remember rightly, in the original the war between humans and Cylons had been going on for nearly a thousand years. The Cylons themselves were robots who had been manufactured for a war and then turned on their creators. Larson was never very imaginative.

The book of the pilot "Saga of a Star World" was even more confusing.
Flipper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think any of the options would be fine.
thunda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than focus on the actual war I would like to see the events that led up to it.Maybe it could show how the Cylons started out as robotic servants then evovled to become self aware with the Colonists refusing to grant them rights.It should deal with the moral and philosophical questions like what defines a race,a sentient being,a human,etc.I'd even like to see a good courtroom scene.
Flipper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
Rather than focus on the actual war I would like to see the events that led up to it.Maybe it could show how the Cylons started out as robotic servants then evovled to become self aware with the Colonists refusing to grant them rights.It should deal with the moral and philosophical questions like what defines a race,a sentient being,a human,etc.I'd even like to see a good courtroom scene.

That's already been done. It's called "I Robot."
thunda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipper wrote:
thunda wrote:

That's already been done. It's called "I Robot."

I actually consider Sonny(I,Robot) similar to Data (STNG).As sophisticated as they are,they're still just robots following programs implanted by their human creator.What I would like to see are machines creating better machines which create better machines and so forth,leading to a generation which is so advanced it's debatable whether they still fall into the "machine" category.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> General Sci-fi and Fantasy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: