Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

killer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: killer Reply with quote

Don't think this episode has a thread yet, so I thought I'd start one. I really like it, possibly Holmes best script for the series (though I love Gambit too) . Like many of the best episodes of the first season, it shows Federation personel as just ordinary people doing a job. The idea of Avon having a former 'friend' who is just as ruthless as him is a nice touch. The spread of the disease itself is well done and though it's not as icky as the plague in Children of Auron, it's still unsettling.

Good peformances all round - even the minor characters like Tak seem real - and though the mitchelin man outfits are a bit silly, the insect like brown overalls bring a hive like feel to the instalation which is very effective.

One of the less discussed Season Two tales, but one of the most consistent.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often wonder if the aliens in "Killer" who planted the infected corpse in the drifting Wanderer class ship were in league with the Andormedans.

Then again if the aliens responsible for the disease in "Killer" were that keen to wipe out humans why didn't they send the ship back towards Earth instead of towards the outer limits of the Terran Federation.
jdarwent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they had sent the ship to Earth, then they would have only wiped out people who had left the planet and returned - we don't know what percentage of residents of Earth remained on Earth - remember Bellfriar said 'But I don't think that the virus was designed to destroy man, merely to confine him to his own planet.'

Paul Daneman was brilliant as Dr Bellfriar - showing a Federation man to be not a necessarily bad man - just in a job for the Federation. Presumably, in this time there were no jobs not working for the Federation! 'Yes, but then we're absentminded scientists, you see.'

Like a lot of Blake's 7 - not all is black and white.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelin Men rule !
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
Michelin Men rule !

That's no way to speak of Gareth Thomas!!
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy
Quote:

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
Michelin Men rule !

Quote:

There's a difference??

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:
I often wonder if the aliens in "Killer" who planted the infected corpse in the drifting Wanderer class ship were in league with the Andormedans.

Then again if the aliens responsible for the disease in "Killer" were that keen to wipe out humans why didn't they send the ship back towards Earth instead of towards the outer limits of the Terran Federation.

As big and nasty as the Federation was we had constant reminders that they were not the only power in the galaxy. Its a bit of a shame this was forgotten in later episodes - it would've been a good storyline for a 3rd party to enter the fray - indeed it could've been a good story arc for a season 5 (*sigh*).

Indeed why introduce the Andromedans in the first place? - this rather implausable storyline could've been avoided by having Travis betray the Federation to 'The System' or indeed whoever planted this infected corpse.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine wrote:
Cockroach Boy
Quote:

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
Michelin Men rule !

Quote:

There's a difference??

Actually those Michelin Men eyes are the same as PD`S !
omegaweapon2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Valentine wrote:
Cockroach Boy
Quote:

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
Michelin Men rule !

Quote:

There's a difference??

hehe tyre people are funny!
Richard1978

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The firefighting & the "bug" costumes are even stranger than the Michelin Man suits.

Blake seemed to be more on the ball than Bellfriar about some aspects of the virus.

It's a shame that Jenna didn't get the lines about early space exploration.
Cats

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
Valentine wrote:
Cockroach Boy
Quote:

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
Michelin Men rule !

Quote:

There's a difference??

Actually those Michelin Men eyes are the same as PD`S !

They both seem friendly good pic of Gareth
lfalex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it today. Still one of my favoured S2 episodes along with Star One and Countdown, but there's a bit of a plot problem...

The Virus only kills those who've had the "Three day sweats"- those having been in deep space for some time.
Blake declares that if a member of a Federation rescue squad were infected and escaped Fosforon, the death toll could be massive if they reached another planet.

Surely the disease would only kill the migrant population, not those who'd been born there- assuming that the indigenous population or children of migrants hadn't been into deep space themselves...
thunda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was a plot hole,I think they were implying that most people in Federation controlled space were colonists from Earth.Also,I believe that those who would be unaffected would probably be carriers so eventually it would spread from planet to planet.There is also the related deaths to be taken into consideration.If you could imagine a virus,in our reality,that only affected people that have flown on airplanes,there would still be a huge amount of deaths caused by their affliction.On a side note,it is difficult to think that there are planets in the Blake 7 universe that actually have a million people on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: