Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

B8: Hostage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlakNo1 wrote:
CRIMOS!!??

I love the part where the chief Crimo boards the Liberator and says "I am a True Crimo". The writer somehow managed to introduce the least likely line of dialogue in the entire universe into the script.
Ron

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of good twists in Hostage, such as the Liberator's fate and Avon's actions.

I watched it tonight and realised that I really didn't know this one that well, because I thought that Inga was killed at the end. It was a nice surprise when she survived! I can only think I was confusing it with the one where Servalan later kills a woman prisoner she catches after an ambush in some woods (Kasabi in Pressure Point) because, like Ushton, she had a daughter (or maybe there is one where a girl dies at the end?) Actually there are quite a lot of related couples in Blakes 7, like these ones and Hal Mellanby and Dayna etc.
ZEN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron wrote:
There are a lot of good twists in Hostage, such as the Liberator's fate and Avon's actions.

I watched it tonight and realised that I really didn't know this one that well, because I thought that Inga was killed at the end. It was a nice surprise when she survived! I can only think I was confusing it with the one where Servalan later kills a woman prisoner she catches after an ambush in some woods (Kasabi in Pressure Point) because, like Ushton, she had a daughter (or maybe there is one where a girl dies at the end?) Actually there are quite a lot of related couples in Blakes 7, like these ones and Hal Mellanby and Dayna etc.

Here's a theory for you, never confirmed however, just hinted at!

Sleer isn't the only one that can change her name and go into hiding!

Counsellor Joban ( Kevin Stoney) possibly reacquaintance himself with again in the fourth series episode " Animals", when Kevin Stoney plays Ardus.

Sleer: " What happened to your eyes"? How did she know anything had happened to them, unless she had met him previous!. Ardus laters says this of Sleer

Ardus: " I know your voice. You are...you are - I am sure of it."

So am I the only one to think that Ardus was infact Joban?

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 96
Ron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN wrote:

Here's a theory for you, never confirmed however, just hinted at!

Sleer isn't the only one that can change her name and go into hiding!

Counsellor Joban ( Kevin Stoney) possibly reacquaintance himself with again in the fourth series episode " Animals", when Kevin Stoney plays Ardus.

Sleer: " What happened to your eyes"? How did she know anything had happened to them, unless she had met him previous!. Ardus laters says this of Sleer

Ardus: " I know your voice. You are...you are - I am sure of it."

So am I the only one to think that Ardus was infact Joban?
There's quite a power struggle going on in Hostage between Servalan and Joban, and I liked how she emphasised that he was 'Counseller' Joban. He did recommend Servalan to the Federation, so when she disappeared to reappear calling herself Sleer he may well have decided to change his identity. It's a good suggestion.
Tim Squad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
Travis is more `camp` than ever in this one !

He really is Boo Hiss villain in this one Yes Smiley
Tim Squad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine wrote:

AGREE the change of look for the Mutoids in this episode is weird but, still on the whole this is a weak episode.[/b]

Maybe they were meant to be middle aged Mutoids. And what are they anyway? In the weapon ep the slave girl Rashel seems to say something about that when a slave has misbehaved (or something like that) they were 'modified'.
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting, I always assumed "modified" just meant some kind of behavioural re-programming with brainwashing machines like the one seen with Blake in "The Way Back" or with Avalon in "Project Avalon"...

But yeah, some mutoids could be criminals or dissidents or other undesirables who have been converted

Reminds me a bit of first book of "The Ballad of Halo Jones", where there was a police force comprised mostly of ex-offenders who had been lobotomised.

Mind you, in "Duel" Travis describes his mutoid as someone who was "very much admired" in her life before modification, so maybe some mutoids were volunteers who believed so strongly in the Federation that they were willing to be modified...?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:

Mind you, in "Duel" Travis describes his mutoid as someone who was "very much admired" in her life before modification, so maybe some mutoids were volunteers who believed so strongly in the Federation that they were willing to be modified...?

I just assumed that the "very much admired" comment was due to the fact she was good looking and that Travis and other red hot blooded males in the Federation would have loved to have got their leg over
thunda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Blake's relationship with Inga was kind of creepy until I did some research and found that incest is legal in many countries including some States over here in the U.S.. Add to that in the B7 future universe the Federation has cracked the gene code which would eliminate any danger of passing on defects so there really wouldn't be any logical reason Blake couldn't have a relationship with his cousin. You know, besides the fact that it's kind of creepy.

Tim Squad wrote:
Valentine wrote:

AGREE the change of look for the Mutoids in this episode is weird but, still on the whole this is a weak episode.[/b]

Maybe they were meant to be middle aged Mutoids. And what are they anyway? In the weapon ep the slave girl Rashel seems to say something about that when a slave has misbehaved (or something like that) they were 'modified'.

Perhaps there are different types of mutoids such as those engineered for piloting, combat, harsh environments, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: