Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

B8: Hostage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRIMOS!!??
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE WORD!!
inge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy said:
Quote:

Blake/Jenna. He doesnt't treat her at all well in this episode (mind you, neither does Alan Prior!) He deliberately kisses Inga in front of her and the smirk on his face indicates that he knows Jenna will be jealous. He then acts as if he is unaware of her feelings when they are of course, completely obvious. He is blatently manipulating her by this point, more so than anyone else in the crew. Good job he left before Season 4 -Soolin would have just punched him in the nads!

Good one CB.
Which brings up an interesting point in S1 and S2 the girls are eye candy and teleport chicks, apart from when Cally first appears.
By S3 and especially S4, the girls are showing their worth, Dayna in Powerplay and Soolin in Assasin, Gold and Warlord.
I know it was the late 70's but one of the reasons I prefer the last two seasons, is that the girls are given better scripts.
It would have been interesting to see what Soolin would make of Blakes manipulations, she would have probably just given him a really dirty look.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inge wrote:
Cockroach Boy said:
Quote:

Blake/Jenna. He doesnt't treat her at all well in this episode (mind you, neither does Alan Prior!) He deliberately kisses Inga in front of her and the smirk on his face indicates that he knows Jenna will be jealous. He then acts as if he is unaware of her feelings when they are of course, completely obvious. He is blatently manipulating her by this point, more so than anyone else in the crew. Good job he left before Season 4 -Soolin would have just punched him in the nads!

Good one CB.
Which brings up an interesting point in S1 and S2 the girls are eye candy and teleport chicks, apart from when Cally first appears.
By S3 and especially S4, the girls are showing their worth, Dayna in Powerplay and Soolin in Assasin, Gold and Warlord.
I know it was the late 70's but one of the reasons I prefer the last two seasons, is that the girls are given better scripts.
It would have been interesting to see what Soolin would make of Blakes manipulations, she would have probably just given him a really dirty look.

The implications of what Cockroach Boy is saying is interesting to say the least but I also feel that what you are saying, Inge, about the women given interesting scrpits in series three is highly overating the scriptting for them. Naturally Aftermath Powerplay for Dayna showed her character had a backbone. However, of what I can recall, for the rest of the season all I can remember about her is the fact she was able to intimidate people.
BabylonRebel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cally & Jenna's constant teleport duty was transplanted to Vila for series 3. In fact, I think he has the most teleport duty time in the series.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BabylonRebel wrote:
Cally & Jenna's constant teleport duty was transplanted to Vila for series 3. In fact, I think he has the most teleport duty time in the series.

Yes but he was comphensated by having an epsiode uniqually for him, so I think that's fair for Vila, but I think his character really demanded for him to sit up by a teleport but it's easy and he's on the most powerful ship in the universe. Would you want to take your chances not protected by a force wall or with? I know what I'd choose.
pna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had made the Liberator, I would have had Zen able to operate the Teleport from voice instructions, that way no-one would have to be teleport boy or teleport girl. Then again, perhaps that would have made the scripts too hard, trying to think up meaningful action and dialogue for an extra character?
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and it would deminish Orac's role also!!! Good at teleporting he was.
pna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
Yeah and it would deminish Orac's role also!!! Good at teleporting he was.

Your right that Orac was called upon to operate the Teleport quite a few times - which is odd cause he didn't have any hands How's he supposed to have thrown the switches?
Richard1978

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Orac could hack into the teleport's control systems & override the controls.

I also wondered why Zen couldn't operate the teleport, though that would make some adventures quite short.
thunda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never clear on that either/I thought Orac could only control computers with Tarriel cells.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
I was never clear on that either/I thought Orac could only control computers with Tarriel cells.

Yes that's always seemed to me to be slightly ignored when coming to the scripts, but I suppose as a tool Orac did allow the plot to advance.
BabylonRebel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - Avon did install that device of his own making AND the Federation Code Breaker. If they can count as being added to the computer systems/ Zen, then perhaps thats how he could control some parts of Liberator.

Sorry, Best I could do at short notice
pickle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
inge wrote:
Cockroach Boy said:
Quote:

Good one CB.

The implications of what Cockroach Boy is saying is interesting to say the least but I also feel that what you are saying, Inge, about the women given interesting scrpits in series three is highly overating the scriptting for them. Naturally Aftermath Powerplay for Dayna showed her character had a backbone. However, of what I can recall, for the rest of the season all I can remember about her is the fact she was able to intimidate people.

Hmm.... killing Gan didn't humble Blake for long.
white afro in space

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
thunda wrote:

Yes that's always seemed to me to be slightly ignored when coming to the scripts, but I suppose as a tool Orac did allow the plot to advance.

Hmmm, just found this interesting little query.

I suppose Avon could have rigged the teleport, and I suppose Zen as a whole, to include Tarriel cells that he'd picked up from somewhere. On the other hand, he could have rigged Orac to be able to 'tap' into the particular cells that constituted Zen and the teleport. This last option makes more sense to me because Ensor, or anyone else for that matter, had never encountered the life form responsible for the Liberator. Ensor would have had no experience of the particular 'cells' that make up Zen so he could not have designed Orac accordingly. Avon, on the other hand, had encountered Zen as well as the life form responsible for it soon after getting his mits on Orac in Redemption.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: