Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

B8: Hostage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pylene711

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont watch this one often...perhaps often enough. Possibly bevause I forget how cool the dogfight at the beginning is...Am I asking too obvious a question with ......how come Vila exclaims '4 of them!!!!' when only 3 pursuit ships can be seen on the main screen?
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the 4th is in an eclipse mode? Nah, just blame poor budgeting on the part of BBC special FX.

That dogfight is the best bit about the whole episode, apart from the awful, awful mutoids who are more like the clueless blonde continuity announcers on ITV. Space Commander Fibuli is rather good though, especially is "Curses, foiled again!" look.

It goes downhill after that although it's still rather fun in some ways simply because it is soooooooo awful.
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically watched this last night and, the only good bits are the scenes between Avon and, when caught (dialogue is funny).

Plus, poetic justice of Avon getting shot because he set a trap for Travis that somewhat backfired and some of the scenes on Liberator between the crew.

AGREE the change of look for the Mutoids in this episode is weird but, still on the whole this is a weak episode.

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Molok is cool.
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's terrible!
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a really evil looking face though! He looks like he means it when he says he enjoys inflicting pain.

Of course it helps that unlike the other Crimos he doesn't look like he weighs about 20 stone!
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks hard enough with a gun in his hand but I reckon anyone could have him in a fight with one hand tied behind their back.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's how Travis conscripted him!

Oh god, now I'm thinking up ideas for Travi/Molok slash
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched Hostage again, here are a few things I've noticed

1. The Jackie Pearce/Kevin Stony scene is brilliant, probably the highlight of the whole episode. I love the way Servalan gulps down her drink before he cmes in and then lies to Joban that she prefers to keep a clear head. It's a wonderful demonstration of the pettiness and decietfulness of power.

2. What the hell is going on with the Mutoids? They've gone from icy vampires with deformed craniums to blonde haired secretary types! A terrible design mistake, though not as bad as the ones in Animal.

3. Blake/Inga. Everyone comments on the age disparity between Blake and Inga. If we take the implication of a previous romance as it seems to be intended, then we can only assume that the age of consent is much lower in the Federation. It may be that the crime Blake was set up for was not so much the act of sex with a child as rape of a child. Certainly the later relationship between Dayna and Justin seems to support this. It's not as far fetched as it seems, especially when you consider the proliferation of child brides in the comparitevely staid Victorian literature and the different definitions of adulthood in some modern day cultures.

4. The Federation. They have obviously taken steps to counter both the Liberator and Orac's technology. In Killer we saw that Orac could no longer decipher all Federation codes. In Hostage we see that the persuit craft can now sheid themselves from Zen detectors.

5. Blake/Jenna. He doesnt't treat her at all well in this episode (mind you, neither does Alan Prior!) He deliberately kisses Inga in front of her and the smirk on his face indicates that he knows Jenna will be jealous. He then acts as if he is unaware of her feelings when they are of course, completely obvious. He is blatently manipulating her by this point, more so than anyone else in the crew. Good job he left before Season 4 -Soolin would have just punched him in the nads!

6. Which leads nicely to the fact that when Avon is angy with Vila in the cell, he appears to try and knee him in the groin!

7. Aside from when he's shouting 'The word!' or 'Crimos!' Croucher isn't too bad here. He affects a nonchalant sadism which works far better than the ranting of his last couple of appearences.
pylene711

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I reckon Molok's pretty cool too. The few lines he has, he spits out with real malice....In fact, I believe him to have been on day release from Rampton at the time of filming....it was either basketry or amateur dramatics
Richard1978

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opening space battle is good but the Exbar scenes are a bit ropey.

It didn't help that the original actor playing Ushton died suddenly & it took 2 replacements to finish it.

The continuing theme of strange costumes here are the Crimos' gas masks, which are also used by the rebels in Countown.
Servalans Hair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Mutoids looked like the Beverley Sisters!
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Servalans Hair wrote:
Those Mutoids looked like the Beverley Sisters!

They seemed to make transformation from creepy vampires to lip glossed pouty secretaries surprisingly quickly!!
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah - southern TV continuity announcers. Secretaries have a bit of class!
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
Nah - southern TV continuity announcers. Secretaries have a bit of class!

And by Animals they looked like backing dancers for 2 Unlimited!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: