Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Horizon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thunda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afro, you're using good solid logic, but we both know people don't use logic when picking a mate(marriage), in fact some people choose their complete opposite and endure anything once theyíve found the one theyíve fancied. No matter how much you segregate groups there will always be chance encounters, the messenger bringing the scientist his lab samples, the engineer having his tv or car serviced, the trooper on leave bumping into a musician after a concert, for example. Once the gene pools start mixing you might have offspring with the intellect of an Alpha and the resentment of a Delta (Egrorian) or the aggressiveness of a Beta and the creativity of a Gamma (Jarvik) which upset the Federationís balance of power. Iím not sure how this would apply to Horizonís caste system because itís never explored.

(Beta) 'Did you catch the startling revelations into market manipulation in other territories last night? That marketing company looks set to provide great revenue for investors'
(Gamma) 'What? I was watching the football. The 'ammers nearly 'ad 'em, you know'
(Beta) *Thinks - Moron.
(Gamma) *Thinks - Toff git
(Beta) "Thinks - Kind of cute though. Wonder if he's/she's married?"
(Gamma) "Thinks - Totally different, maybe I should ask her/him to dinner"
white afro in space

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I agree. Yet, I don't think that such 'chance encounters' will hold back the administration at all. While there is something to be said for one's genetic coding being passed down the line, environmental factors play a big part in a person's success or lack thereof. It is here where an administration can really make its mark.

Let's say that on an odd occasion, an agressive beta settles for a life with a creative gamma despite their cultural differences. By doing so, as I see it, the Beta and the Gamma will each cut off a sizeable chunk of their personal network or clique because their friends really don't like the partner they chose. If one of your friends started seeing an absolute pig and bore of a partner, you're less likely to include and invite them to things. Sure, it won't be a clean break with your friend, but you may well start to see them considerably less. As that happens, back to the example, the Beta loses part of his/her prowess in the employment and social stakes, and the Gamma does as well. They become less successful overall in their careers and social lives and unwittingly become a poster-family for others to compare themselves with and use as a negative example: 'Have you heard from our old Beta-buddy lately? His life really went on the skids once he hooked up with that Gamma-chick. He should have stuck to his own kind, like us, then he'd be on the winning team!'.
thunda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never seemed plausible to me that Federation pursuit ships in that sector wouldn't know about the barrier. If the pilots were unaware then Control or their computers should have warned them.
thunda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:
Having watched this episode again, I think it's a bit daft the way Gan, Villa and Cally all get captured. Given that contact with had been lost you'd have thought they'd be a bit more careful, and taken the sort of precautions Avon takes when he eventually decides to go down.

I can see Vila and Gan getting captured easily being that they're not used to the outdoors. Cally, on the other hand, being a guerrilla fighter, may have allowed herself to be taken prisoner so she could deliver her information to Blake quicker.

Bake, being the rebel that he is, may not have only saved Ro and his people but also planted the seed for a "Primitives" revolution by teaching them how to get organized.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: