Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode C13: Terminal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it that she was blinded by her lust for power. She knew something was wrong, but she didn't want anything to get in the way of her dreams of having a fleet of Liberators and taking over the galaxy with MAXIMUM POWERRR!
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Futsie - that's actually what I always assumed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
I took it that she was blinded by her lust for power. She knew something was wrong, but she didn't want anything to get in the way of her dreams of having a fleet of Liberators and taking over the galaxy with MAXIMUM POWERRR!

NO- she was just blind ( drunk ! )
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>CarnÚll< wrote:
Picard wrote:
Gotta say I love this episode. The location is great, the music is great, the story is great that adds up to a superb atmosphere. The acting is good although the gaurds and the linx ruin the story visually but apart from thaqt the first time I watched this story I was dumbstruck at the end, what an episode!

Yes Turnidus I must agree with you about Vila, and how he saved ORAC, I don't think Avon or the rest of the group couldn't have pulled it off.

Janov I must disagree with the point you made about Servalan, I think she would do anything to controll the ultimate ship, and even if someone did try to overthrow her government she'd have the liberator, and she'd have a battle fleet able to controll the federation.

Cor, I haven't wriiten something this long in ages!

Not Without The Words Chocolate In Them

Sorry could you repeat that? I was eating chocolate.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
It was supposed to be the final episode (Nation had the working title "Finale"). Apprently the Liberator sets were falling apart anyway!

Overall it's a good episode, but the Links are truly awful, the Mork and Mindy guards laughable and the fact that Servalan would wait on a planet so far out of the way for months (long enough to allow her to be deposed) is ridiculous at best.

Missed it first timed round and only caught the last ten minutes of the repeat (Monday 20th July 1981, and I only know that as it was my ninth birthday!).

I watched this again last night and by and large I agree with Janov. The other point I'd make is that Avon must have been truly obsessed with Blake to go to all that trouble. Given that he insisted in flying through the cloud of enzymes he must have been planning to ditch the Liberator anyway. At least one hopes that was his plan.
dave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the dodgy costumes and this is one of the best and most atmospheric episodes of all.

Quote:

Like all leaders she is blind to the fact that something could go wrong for her. If there's ever a problem her subordinates will die until there is no longer a problem. Thats always been her style.

Her other mistake was to walk right past Orac in the teleport area when she arrived. Indeed I'm surprised she didn't shoot Vila upon arrival.
robbins1940

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave wrote:
Forget the dodgy costumes and this is one of the best and most atmospheric episodes of all.

Quote:

Like all leaders she is blind to the fact that something could go wrong for her. If there's ever a problem her subordinates will die until there is no longer a problem. Thats always been her style.

Her other mistake was to walk right past Orac in the teleport area when she arrived. Indeed I'm surprised she didn't shoot Vila upon arrival.

Infact I think Vila was expecting to be shot by Serverlan and was surprised. Maybes she thought he wasn't worth the plasma bullet?
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbins1940 wrote:
dave wrote:

Quote:

Infact I think Vila was expecting to be shot by Serverlan and was surprised. Maybes she thought he wasn't worth the plasma bullet?

I Think Servalan Has This Weakness For Utter Patheticness That Stands No Threat.

Moloch Is A Prime Example, She Could Have Easily Shot Vila But Didn't, The Dialouge Suggested To Me That She Sort of Pities Him, Yet Because He's Quite Innocent 'Puppy Like' & Stands No Policical Threat To Her Power, She See's No Reason For Him To Be Eliminated.

We See A Similar Thing Happen In Gambit With Jarrirome
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested to know if people feel this should have been the finale or if you were happy to have a fourth season of the series?
Obviously, Series D was different in feel with the base, Scorpio and Slave being introduced and Avon's descent into madness but oveall, do you feel happier with the way the show ended?
dave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terminal would have been a good moment to finish on, but I'm happy Series 4 was made. The lack of Liberator doesn't bother me a bit - without it new ideas and story lines could come together.

S4 had its faults but it had its moments as well. If a 5th series had ever been made the lack of Liberator would've been noticed less. Avon is a survivor and would've found a new ship (and a new crew if necessary) and the adventures in the Blakes 7 universe would have continued.

The main difference of course is the end of Terminal is bittersweet, whereas Blake is quite rotten for our heroes. I think it more appropriate of the show that is B7 that Blake was the way it ended for us.
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4th season definitly needed to happen. If it had ended at Terminal it would have - for the most part - been fairly quickly forgotten by many who watched it. But with the shocking ending of Blake it immediately stuck in the minds of everyone who watched it, and ensured its status as a cult programme fondly remembered (even if it was only the ending that was remembered at least people talked about it and remembered it).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And season 4 was miles more fun than season 3 !
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode was originally intended as the final ever episode of "B7" - until, "BILL COTTON'S" intervention and, a 4th series, suddenly, came about resulting in the series definitely going out with a BANG in "BLAKE"!!!

This would have been equally, a good episode to have ended the series but, somehow, I don't think the series being remembered in the way that it has been for over a quarter of a Century (by, it's loyal core of FANS) would have been quite the case!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But ..did Avon actually come out of the induced coma though ? Season 4 could be just a dream !

BLAKE LIVES !
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
But ..did Avon actually come out of the induced coma though ? Season 4 could be just a dream !

BLAKE LIVES !

"Well now," - IF he didn't then is still out there in the, GALAXY (somewhere) waiting to get SHOT by Avon !!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: