Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode C13: Terminal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luskentyre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Episode C13: Terminal Reply with quote

I can't believe no one has commented on this episode yet!

What do you think? The destruction of the Liberator? The budget squandered on endless containers of "slime"? The death of Zen? Blakes beard?
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was supposed to be the final episode (Nation had the working title "Finale"). Apprently the Liberator sets were falling apart anyway!

Overall it's a good episode, but the Links are truly awful, the Mork and Mindy guards laughable and the fact that Servalan would wait on a planet so far out of the way for months (long enough to allow her to be deposed) is ridiculous at best.

Missed it first timed round and only caught the last ten minutes of the repeat (Monday 20th July 1981, and I only know that as it was my ninth birthday!).
thunda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been years since I've seen this episode so I have to watch it again before I can comment fully on it.Two things I remember that stuck out were Zen apologizing for failing,and Vila ordering Zen to stop trying to self repair and devote 100% of his resources to solving the problem(showed how smart Vila is when he wants to be).
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the smartest thing Vila did was manage to take Orac with him, by fooling them that it was a worthless piece of junk. Which of the other crew could have made that convincing and got away with it? And none of the others even gave Orac a second thought I don't think.
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say I love this episode. The location is great, the music is great, the story is great that adds up to a superb atmosphere. The acting is good although the gaurds and the linx ruin the story visually but apart from thaqt the first time I watched this story I was dumbstruck at the end, what an episode!

Yes Turnidus I must agree with you about Vila, and how he saved ORAC, I don't think Avon or the rest of the group couldn't have pulled it off.

Janov I must disagree with the point you made about Servalan, I think she would do anything to controll the ultimate ship, and even if someone did try to overthrow her government she'd have the liberator, and she'd have a battle fleet able to controll the federation.

Cor, I haven't wriiten something this long in ages!
luskentyre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure Servalan was there for months. Presumably she waited until Avon responed to the messages she was beaming to him and then travelled to Terminal to lay in wait.

I agree about the guards outfits - Blakes 7 and silver seemed synonymous so much of the time! Ah well, at least the Federation troopers weren't decked out in silver.

I thought the story was pretty clever, the "dream" scene and all (not sure if I figured that out at the time). Jacqulene Pearce was excellent - the "you wanted to believe it" line was said with such "edge".

One thing I did wonder... All this slime was corroding the ship and yet there was never any evidence of hull breaches. How was it possible to eat into the ship so much without a loss of atmosphere?
QuincyMD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the best episode of the 52.

Yes the Links look stupid and Avon must be blind to not see the red and silver hiding in the bushes at the entrance but it's great stuff.

I've always thought that Servalan had been deposed by the time she gets to Terminal and that she has stolen the Blake project and a loyal crew to enable her to get the Liberator and try and bully her way back to power.
SHARPBLUE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed - I just re-watched this recently - One of my favourite episodes.

Often wondered how the fluid particals got in as well, but it doesn't matter I always feel sad at this point in the series when the liberator finaly gets destroyed.

Avons smirk right at the end is very funny.

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk & about.me/markkeen
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
Gotta say I love this episode. The location is great, the music is great, the story is great that adds up to a superb atmosphere. The acting is good although the gaurds and the linx ruin the story visually but apart from thaqt the first time I watched this story I was dumbstruck at the end, what an episode!

Yes Turnidus I must agree with you about Vila, and how he saved ORAC, I don't think Avon or the rest of the group couldn't have pulled it off.

Janov I must disagree with the point you made about Servalan, I think she would do anything to controll the ultimate ship, and even if someone did try to overthrow her government she'd have the liberator, and she'd have a battle fleet able to controll the federation.

Cor, I haven't wriiten something this long in ages!

Not Without The Words Chocolate In Them
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we know that Avon woke up ? Maybe he was still in his subconcious state !
luskentyre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Servalan know how to operate the teleport (upside down at that...)?
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how come she did`nt see what a mess Liberator was in when she teleported there ?
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
And how come she did`nt see what a mess Liberator was in when she teleported there ?

Yeah, she was a bit blind really wasn't she.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't see that look in her eye as she sauntered onto the flight deck. You know, the "I'm really going to have to redecorate" look.
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently there's a line in one of the scripts for Terminal that has Servalan commenting on the state of the Liberator, saying "I didn't know we were pushing them this hard."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: