Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Idea: Liberator is blown to pieces, but unexpected result

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony Appleyard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Idea: Liberator is blown to pieces, but unexpected result Reply with quote

An idea that has been floating about in my head for a long time:-

Liberator hears of a wreckage field, and goes there to scavenge. But it is a trap, and something blows the Liberator into pieces. The repair servos in the pieces start reprocessing metal from the wreckage to try to repair the damage. A hopeless prospect -- and then not so hopeless. Blake uses the ship's shuttlecraft as tugs to stop the biggest pieces from re-uniting. After a long time, and much metal from the wreckage field used up, the repair servos repair each of the biggest pieces back into a complete Liberator, and Blake ends up with a fleet.

Same sort of thing as when old-time oyster fishermen tore starfish into pieces to try to kill them!

P.S. I can tell that Blake's 7 is not American :: no Texan would have used the name Travis like it is used in Blake's 7.
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write the story
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmn. I don't recall the Liberator having shuttles - there were cargo holds which could accomodate them but we never actually saw any. Secondly, it depends how the crew get off before the ship is blown up.

Finally, how do you figure the Liberator's auto repair systems actually work? I've got some ideas but I'm keeping them under wraps as I'll be working them into my own PGP at some stage.
thunda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
Hmmn. I don't recall the Liberator having shuttles - there were cargo holds which could accomodate them but we never actually saw any. Secondly, it depends how the crew get off before the ship is blown up.

Finally, how do you figure the Liberator's auto repair systems actually work? I've got some ideas but I'm keeping them under wraps as I'll be working them into my own PGP at some stage.

Well,I guess it could use nano technology (which seems to be the trend now of days) or it could use organic material similar to Moya of Farscape.
Artilla
Beast's precious num-num

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Idea: Liberator is blown to pieces, but unexpected resul Reply with quote

Anthony Appleyard wrote:
An idea that has been floating about in my head for a long time:-

Liberator hears of a wreckage field, and goes there to scavenge. But it is a trap, and something blows the Liberator into pieces. The repair servos in the pieces start reprocessing metal from the wreckage to try to repair the damage. A hopeless prospect -- and then not so hopeless. Blake uses the ship's shuttlecraft as tugs to stop the biggest pieces from re-uniting. After a long time, and much metal from the wreckage field used up, the repair servos repair each of the biggest pieces back into a complete Liberator, and Blake ends up with a fleet.

Same sort of thing as when old-time oyster fishermen tore starfish into pieces to try to kill them!

I'd like to see the story as well!

(By the way, for some real Texas horror weirdness, I always turn to the Preacher graphic novels - comics. That's some wild stuff, Maynard, and not for the squeamish.)

P.S. I can tell that Blake's 7 is not American :: no Texan would have used the name Travis like it is used in Blake's 7.

ZEN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:

I dont think the Libby had any shuttles as such, though told Largo they had 4 shuttles on board. possibly a lie so as not to draw attention to the teleport braclets! As for how the orignal crew left the ship. Avon stated in Spacefall " This would account for what happened to the crew! Life rocket lauch control - its been operated" I assume that was the life capsules he was reffering to! But I cant see Liberator having an endless supply of life capsules somehow

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 95
Artilla
Beast's precious num-num

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musta lost my train of thought there! Whoa!
Tharn

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Repair methods Reply with quote

I suppose it's conceveable that magnetic fields could be used to guide peices back together, generating the heat to re-join metal components might be a problem in the cold vacum of space.
What about the intelligence governing the repairs though, if Zen was off line then surely each part of the system in an event of near total seperation couldnt carry enough memory to diagnos and repair the whole vessel, sections maybe but a whole ship?

We saw liberators coiled wire attack blake and avon so some servo movement or gravity field, even magnetism must account for that, never saw any liqud leak from battle damage so hydrualics are probably out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 PG Fan Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: