Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode C3: Volcano
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it needs to be explained - the fact that it's stated that there's a big enough nuke inside the planet, big enough to blow it up, really rather gives it away....
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Dayna's arguement that homo sapiens cannot survive without the excitement of conflict proved by the events of this episode or not? Although the Pyroans are wiped out, it is by their own choice. It's notable that Mori is very disappointed that the two messangers don't run before he shoots them. The kill is an empty one. The Pyroans probably understand that the aggressor normally wants the victim to offer some sort of response. By refusing to do even that, they deny their attackers any pleasure. Although the episode seems anti-paficist, it is more ambiguous than that.

This episode is quite interesting in that it shows the reduced circumstances of Servalan. In the first season no-one called her by name, even Blake referred to her as Supreme Commander in Project Avalon. Now she is addresed as Servalan by the men under her control and the Pyroans do so too. Her mystique and distance have been greatly diminished. She can no longer stay safetly in Space Headquaters and must give her orders from the front line as it were. She even sets foot on Obsidian to meet the messangers in person.

One final thing - Prior seemed to have a thing about the persuit ships. They attack in Volcano, Animals and Hostage, are a threat in Horizon and the Liberator bows up one in The Keeper. Maybe he wanted to write his own version of Star Wars!
thunda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
I don't think it needs to be explained - the fact that it's stated that there's a big enough nuke inside the planet, big enough to blow it up, really rather gives it away....

I was confused about that also.Tarrant asks about the contamination but Hower justs dismisses him

TARRANT: But this radioactive fallout, why? The device in the core of the planet, is it seeping, is it defective? Is that why you are all dying? Is the volcano spraying it out?

HOWER: No more questions. You must go while you can.

thunda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:

Am I imagining things or in the scene where Mori is about to flee off the Liberator and orders Vila to beam them down,Cally's bracelet falls off right after Vila puts it on.You can even hear it bounce on the floor.

Okay,I've watched this scene plenty of times and I'm sure I'm right.After Vila puts the bracelet on Cally and Mori is dragging her to the teleport bay,her bracelet falls off.You can even hear the clang and then Cally briefly looks down.Who's with me on this?
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunda wrote:
thunda wrote:

Am I imagining things or in the scene where Mori is about to flee off the Liberator and orders Vila to beam them down,Cally's bracelet falls off right after Vila puts it on.You can even hear it bounce on the floor.

Okay,I've watched this scene plenty of times and I'm sure I'm right.After Vila puts the bracelet on Cally and Mori is dragging her to the teleport bay,her bracelet falls off.You can even hear the clang and then Cally briefly looks down.Who's with me on this?

Yeah, I noticed that. Its mentioned on a list of all the Blake bloopers that I once came across.

Apparently her wrists were so thin they had to pad her bracelets out!!
thunda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:
thunda wrote:
thunda wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that. Its mentioned on a list of all the Blake bloopers that I once came across.

Apparently her wrists were so thin they had to pad her bracelets out!!

Thanks,Cockroach Boy.At least I know I'm not crazy now.Or if I am I'm not alone.
Tharn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So thin they had to pad her bracelets, I sense missed oppurtunities as a supermodel for Jan Chappel but I suppose the cigarettes and water diet might not be to everyones taste.
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how well proportioned a supermodel has to be, but Jan C has much longer arms than normal. And that's not me being nasty - it was she herself who pointed it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turnidus wrote:
Don't know how well proportioned a supermodel has to be, but Jan C has much longer arms than normal. And that's not me being nasty - it was she herself who pointed it out.

And we love her for it , at least I do....yeah...
boroboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:
Is Dayna's arguement that homo sapiens cannot survive without the excitement of conflict proved by the events of this episode or not? Although the Pyroans are wiped out, it is by their own choice. It's notable that Mori is very disappointed that the two messangers don't run before he shoots them. The kill is an empty one. The Pyroans probably understand that the aggressor normally wants the victim to offer some sort of response. By refusing to do even that, they deny their attackers any pleasure. Although the episode seems anti-paficist, it is more ambiguous than that.

Yes - highly ambiguous. They were willing to destroy their entire planet/civilization rather than become involved with anyone from outside (they were not just anti-federation). This would achieve nothing. Normally pacifism tries to have a goal.

Cockroach Boy wrote:
This episode is quite interesting in that it shows the reduced circumstances of Servalan. In the first season no-one called her by name, even Blake referred to her as Supreme Commander in Project Avalon. Now she is addresed as Servalan by the men under her control and the Pyroans do so too. Her mystique and distance have been greatly diminished. She can no longer stay safetly in Space Headquaters and must give her orders from the front line as it were. She even sets foot on Obsidian to meet the messangers in person.

This is a very important observation. The federation is almost destroyed at this point. It is a considerably looser federation. But still needed because of the devastation of the war. POssibly the militaries role is much reduced as the federated planets seek to rebuild and civil authority is the new focus. In later episodes Servalen/Sleer are seen trying to redress this balance and reimpose their authority.

Cockroach Boy wrote:
One final thing - Prior seemed to have a thing about the persuit ships. They attack in Volcano, Animals and Hostage, are a threat in Horizon and the Liberator bows up one in The Keeper. Maybe he wanted to write his own version of Star Wars!

To be fair pursuit ships either appear or are a recognized threat is most episodes up to this point (and several after). As they should be. Blake and the crew were a bunch of criminals on the run. They would worry about or be pursued by the authorities constantly. That's why being a criminal on the run is not as much fun sa it is cracked up to be
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: