Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode C3: Volcano
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ugavine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Episode C3: Volcano Reply with quote

Towards the end of the episode Tarrant is shot in the leg while on the planet by a Federation trooper. He then teleports back to the Liberator, and hearing they are under attack RUNS to the bridge. And there's not even a tear in his trousers. Amazing powers of regeneration that teleport

I don't normally spot many gaffs, but this was a big one.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the teleport rejected the material from the bullet and re-constructed his body uninjured! That was a plot device they used in "The Revenge of the Cybermen" to save Sarah-Jane from the poison in a Cybermat.
Ugavine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True.
And also in Star Trek: TNG, when they could be bothered remember.
thunda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching this episode for the first time,it's one of the few I missed during the original run.I must say it seems a bit long for a B7 episode(and I don't mean that in a good way).
ziggysawdust

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE the scene with Avon and Vila on the flight deck; Vila drunk and resigned to doom, and Avon looking dazed and hopeless, but it really does seem like a comedy scene for some odd reason, a little break in the drama.
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome, Ziggy. Have you been a B7 fan for long?

Cheers,

Hobgob.
SHARPBLUE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugavine wrote:
True.
And also in Star Trek: TNG, when they could be bothered remember.

Wasn't Picard reconstructed from his body map in the transporter pattern buffer after he was killed in an episode too? And I believe (Scotty I think) was regenerated from a transporter buffer after 75 years, Relics was the episode if I am not mistaken.

Welcome Ziggy

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk & about.me/markkeen
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Michael Gough's peformance in this one. There's something quite sinister about the way he calmly talks about the techniques they use to control people's aggressive instincts. This is also the first story with the new look Federation - grizzled old troops and Servalan's wierd spaceship which looks quite good here but looked terrible in Moloch.
thunda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry,but I couldn't disagree more.I thought Michael Gough's deadpan performance projected an air of boredom throughout the story.In fact,except for the regular cast and the mutoid,the other actors appear a little uncomfortable with their lines.As for the new look Federation,Servalan must be scraping the bottom of the barrel,under usual conditions she would never have tolerated someone like Mori.If he succeeded I wonder if she would have actually kept her word.And the Battle Fleet Commander,eight ships,a hand picked crew,and he still couldn't take the Liberator? At least he managed to destroy Obsidian(I started rooting for the Federation near the end,I couldn't stand the Pyroans),and I was never so happy as to see one less planet in the galaxy.

Btw,
I thought Cally gave a very good performance.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way the Federation troops are old and useless in season 3. It show how the Federation has been diminished by the war and kind of emphasis the corruption is even worse under Servalan.
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm not too bothered by Volcano. Compared to the utter banality of The Keeper and the sheer awfulness of Animals, it's probably Allan Prior's best script, even if it's in the wrong season.

And that Battle Fleet commander looks more like a binman!
thunda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the best part of this episode was when Servalan is contemplating out loud about whether or not it is worth engaging the Liberator again and the mutoid replies to her "They are merely criminals",that pretty much sums up what the crew is without Blake.

Some observations:

Mori and the Battle Fleet Commander act very familiar with Servalan at times,and she very patient with them.I wonder if these two were loyal to her in the past and she owed them a favor.

Am I imagining things or in the scene where Mori is about to flee off the Liberator and orders Vila to beam them down,Cally's bracelet falls off right after Vila puts it on.You can even hear it bounce on the floor.

Orac doesn't care whom he helps,does he?

Cally's telepathic abilities don't seem to work when a person has his/her mind occupied.
pylene711

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question......Berhar asks Tarrant...'do you know a woman called servalan'?
...at which point Tarrant looks concerned. We next see Tarrant, Dayna and Bershar exit onto the planet's surface, Bershar holding the teleport bracelets. Were they making a supposed swift exit on hearing Servalan's name mentioned? ...And if so why does Bershar have the bracelets? (I'm probably overlooking something really obvious....but it IS late )
RichardWho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this again last night. I dont recall seeing Cally's bracelet drop off when she's forced to teleport down with the Fed troopers but I'd forgotten about the above post.

I am disappointed that its was never explained why or how the Pyroans came to be slowly dying from radiation. Presumably it was due to some of the battles fought nearby in the Galactic War.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the peculiar new Federation battleship design - is it an attempt to copy the organic look of the Derilict ship in Alien?

It's a nice idea to have a ship that looks like it's made of flesh and blood, but really it just looked too small, especially that terrible shot in Moloch of it on the landing pad when it looks like a bloody pebble on an airfix model.

For the idea to have properly worked, it needed to have been done on a much bigger scale. It looks quite good in parts of Volcano but terrible Children and Moloch.

Love to see an improved CGI version, like the amazing new Flying Saucer that was created for The Dalek Invasion DVD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: