Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode C7: Children of Auron
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Episode C7: Children of Auron Reply with quote

Just been watching Children of Auron. This episode really doesn't make sense. At the end, all Servalan destroyed was the control centre and replication plant. All the older Auronar were immune to the disease. Orac had a cure for everyone else. OK, might not have been able to replicate the cure in the numbers needed, but the planet was still viable with the older Auronar and the ones that could be saved by the cure. So why did they take Franton and the genetic stock to a new planet to start again? And what about the older Auronar left on Auron? And why did they make no attempt to deliver Orac's cure to the rest?
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oligarch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was Servalan's motivation for committing biological genocide against the Auronar?
dave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Servalan's goal was to reproduce. As Auron was not Federation she couldn't just visit the clinic and ask them to do it.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just detest this episode - its aload of balony and does`nt make sense - THE WORST OF THE SERIES !
white afro in space

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
I just detest this episode - its aload of balony and does`nt make sense - THE WORST OF THE SERIES !

Are there any episodes you DO like BC?

How about giving us your reasons as to why this episode doesn't make sense, as opposed to a superficial comment?
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its badly written , badly acted , incomphrensible tosh - and I like PROJECT AVALON , SHADOW , TERMINUS , BLAKE , REDEMPTION and THE WAY BACK !
white afro in space

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC, you have merely reworded your original statement. We already know that you think this. Give us some reasons, show us HOW and WHERE it is badly written, HOW and WHERE it is badly acted and WHY you think it is incomprehensible. A few examples wouldn't go amiss.

As an aside, thank you for pointing out the episodes you DO like. Mind you, TERMINUS is a freudian slip is it not?
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this then -a student thesis ?
white afro in space

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way standards are going, with the help of a wapred dose of relativism, I have no grounds from which to challenge your, shall we say, directly worded assertions. Enjoy your Slogan's run, you are thinking and expressing in the manner that the current order would like you to think. The constant presentation and repetition of key phrases containing few words, or 'soundbites' as they are known in the industry (funnily enough, a word that demontrates its own definiton), are just the thing to keep a 'time-poor' and increasingly apathetic and confused population ill-informed while, at the same time, believing that they are correctly informed. This paves the way for governments to juggle figures and shift the blame for their own rooster-ups and, for the business men to sell you the latest wiz-bang gizmo that is suddenly 'all that you ever needed and more'.

Oops, I digress: 'Down with slogans, Down with slogans'
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

?
Rojblake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to admit that I did not understand that either.
thunda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

white afro in space wrote:
The way standards are going, with the help of a wapred dose of relativism, I have no grounds from which to challenge your, shall we say, directly worded assertions. Enjoy your Slogan's run, you are thinking and expressing in the manner that the current order would like you to think. The constant presentation and repetition of key phrases containing few words, or 'soundbites' as they are known in the industry (funnily enough, a word that demontrates its own definiton), are just the thing to keep a 'time-poor' and increasingly apathetic and confused population ill-informed while, at the same time, believing that they are correctly informed. This paves the way for governments to juggle figures and shift the blame for their own rooster-ups and, for the business men to sell you the latest wiz-bang gizmo that is suddenly 'all that you ever needed and more'.

Oops, I digress: 'Down with slogans, Down with slogans'

We're living in the MTV generation's world.People's attention span has decreased so drastically everyone is forced to compensate.
white afro in space

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Thunda.

Compensation circuits activated.

Children of Auron makes sense and is not Baloney. I like this episode.
inge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve did bring up some good points however.
What was the reason that Franton left Auronar?
Did she think that Servalan would come back and destroy the whole planet?
I like this episode but need to watch it again after I finish uni in 3 weeks.
SpaceCommanderTravis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my least favourites. Its full of unlikable characters or characters with no personalties. I find this totally boring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: