Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Has the new Dr Who changed your mind on new Blakes 7?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Has the new Dr Who changed your mind on new B7?
Yes - if so why?
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
No - if so why?
80%
 80%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 26

omegaweapon2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i abolutely agree with BLAKESCREWE on every level! it had to change slightly to interest newcomers and is all the better for it! in fact the new series is the best DW series ever and chris eccleston should be applauded! the EVOLUTION has begun!!!
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above definitely is`nt me !
dave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest it changed a bit more than 'slightly'.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last series was a huge success with the public, the ratings were high , the DVDS have sold 6 times or more the amount of the older series do - so ... why would they even consider going back to episodic format just to please a few computer hacks ? ASTONISHING !

( Its not going to happen anyway ! )
dave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not for a moment suggesting going back to the episodic format. I have no problems at all with the new format. I'm just very disappointed that with less time to fill the show was still very padded out with soapie romance rubbish, bad jokes, boring chase scenes and often little substantial plot.

With (only) 45 minutes to use there should barely be enough time to fit in a good story yet they found plenty of time to fluff around with all sorts of rubbish.

For example, this arguement with the bisexual kiss should never have arisen. Not because its a matter of whether people should or shouldn't be offended by it, but it should't have been there in the first place simply because there should have been more important story elements to take its place.

In the context of the show it added absolutely nothing. It was simply a waste or air time.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kiss did`nt bother me or detract from the storyline , you`ll always get it in a RTD series -expect more of the same next series !
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter about a little kiss? It's only a sign of affection.
omegaweapon2005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

long live the BBC!!!
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Thought The Kiss Symbolised A Lot. Capt. Jack Was A Con-Artist Coward, But Since He Met The Doctor He Transformed Into A Good-Fighting Captain.

Before The Kiss Jack Says "Doctor, I Wish I'd Never Met You," Here Jack Is Saying 'Thank You For Helping Me Find My True Personality, I'm Glad I Met You' Thus The Kiss Is Not A Passionate One But A Friendly One.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>CarnÚll< wrote:
I Thought The Kiss Symbolised A Lot. Capt. Jack Was A Con-Artist Coward, But Since He Met The Doctor He Transformed Into A Good-Fighting Captain.

Before The Kiss Jack Says "Doctor, I Wish I'd Never Met You," Here Jack Is Saying 'Thank You For Helping Me Find My True Personality, I'm Glad I Met You' Thus The Kiss Is Not A Passionate One But A Friendly One.

You taking a GCSE English exam in May Carni!?
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
>CarnÚll< wrote:

Least I'd Spell My Name Right On The Entry Form

Pikardz Anglish Emame
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>CarnÚll< wrote:
Picard wrote:
>CarnÚll< wrote:

Pikardz Anglish Emame

Carni just because you're from the planet of geeks and walking dictionaries doesn't mean you have take it out on as normal people.
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
>CarnÚll< wrote:
Picard wrote:
>CarnÚll< wrote:

Pikardz Anglish Emame

Carni just because you're from the planet of geeks and walking dictionaries doesn't mean you have take it out on as normal people.

Define Normal Pikard
SirJaunty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm Its hard to say how the dear old BBC at least could bring it back for two reasons.
1 The demand both at home and the wider international market is and never was, as high for Blake's7 than for Doctor who. If for no other reason than the time the latter had been about.
2.The money reason - Doctor Who was always good at getting away with budget problems by filming and writing around Earth based stories and if memory serves in the case of John Pertwee, nearly an entire season had his tardis stalled on earth therefore making it cheaper to commit to film.
The new Doctor Who also has this cheaper alternative at its disposal.

Yes I know that a great deal of Blakes7s' sets owed a great debt of gratitiude to chalk and gravel quarries up and down the country, but its the sets for the other places where the money needs to be spent.

I for one would love to see it come back, I think its time both on an entertainment basis and in the current socio/political enviroment has never been more spot on.
Imagine also, as Iam sure has porbably been said, the advent of CGI orver model building and its effect this could have.
Just imagine how good the Liberator could look both externally and internally redesigned.
How it could be truley alien with a nod toward its predecessors retro 70's look, the thought is supremley tantalising...
The federation could be more 1984 policitaclly monolithic (maybe of Warhammer40K imperialistic overture), the prision ship could be darker and more oppressive, and not brightly lit and full of disgruntled interior designers and moody geograhpy teachers from the middleclasses as the first one was.

Iam a great fan, and YES I want to see it back, but not if it means its going to be done on the cheap (remember Quatermass this year anyone!) or without the great stories that made each episode so...er.. great.Travis
Simon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This years Quatermass was supposed to be a re-enactment of the original live broadcast, so they weren't going to add anything special into it. Thats why it may have looked cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes 7 Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: