Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode B10: Voice from the Past
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one way to improve Animals - and that's to not watch it. Even by the standards Allan Prior set himself, it's awful.
pylene711

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the very first episode I watched...and, a bit dull though it may be (in part at least), I was back the next week and every week consecutively.....I think that by this stage in the 'Travis saga', he was a bit of a lame duck.
Having said that, I LOVE the auditorium bit at the end, Le Grande's damp eyes and that look of total defeat. (someone's already mentioned that I know, but it really does stand out).
I DO feel that Del 10 might have presented more entertaining possibilities for a story. working title...'Blake & Avon's holiday showdown'
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna watch this episode today. I'm determined to find something good about it!! It's gonna be a challenge though....
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult -only Avon`s chop to Blakes neck is worth watching -just hilarious !
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. Jenna in the burgundy leather outfit is rather fetching and especially in that blue dress. Yummy!

It's a bit too political and a bit dull, but it's not that bad. There's far worse episodes in the season. The Keeper anyone?
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think The Keeper is better than VFTP, it's better designed and the supporting cast are much better. Plus it's nice to see Jenna getting a slice of the action.

Anyway, good things about Voice....er....well...

It's very funny. Not intentionally of course, but Travis feeble disguise is hillarious as is Blake's crappy space suit. Le Grande's plan is so dumb, she almost deserves to die. And any script that contains the line 'You imagine I haven't smelt you out' is always gonna be good for a laugh.

The scene with Servalan at the end is very good though, especially the close up on her eye.

Paul Darrow is especially good indeed in this one. Although the story is largely about Blake's madness, it is Avon who deduces what is going on and ultimately saves the day by smashing the remote control device. Plus he's wearing that awesomely cool silver jacket.

Avon, Jenna and Cally looking at the asteroid through the Liberator is quite effective.

Unfortunately VFTP still feels like something that wasn't properly thought through, either at the scripting or design stage (the costumes for the Le Grande and Shivan are awful). It doesn't help that it's a semi-sequel to the excellent The Way Back. Although I don't think it's the worst story of the series (I consider Power, Orbit and Kairos to be much worse) it is still poor. It also doesn't fit in at all with the Star One 'arc'!
terrible zodin
Poser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love voice from the past, one of my fave season 2 episodes.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really dodgy female eye make up in this one though !
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy
Quote:
Anyway, good things about Voice....er....well...

It's very funny. Not intentionally of course, but Travis feeble disguise is hillarious as is Blake's crappy space suit. Le Grande's plan is so dumb, she almost deserves to die. And any script that contains the line 'You imagine I haven't smelt you out' is always gonna be good for a laugh.

The scene with Servalan at the end is very good though, especially the close up on her eye.

Paul Darrow is especially good indeed in this one. Although the story is largely about Blake's madness, it is Avon who deduces what is going on and ultimately saves the day by smashing the remote control device. Plus he's wearing that awesomely cool silver jacket.

Avon, Jenna and Cally looking at the asteroid through the Liberator is quite effective.

Unfortunately VFTP still feels like something that wasn't properly thought through, either at the scripting or design stage (the costumes for the Le Grande and Shivan are awful). It doesn't help that it's a semi-sequel to the excellent The Way Back. Although I don't think it's the worst story of the series (I consider Power, Orbit and Kairos to be much worse) it is still poor. It also doesn't fit in at all with the Star One 'arc'!

"Well now," - Having re-watched this episode last night - still not a great favourite of mine and, as you say Avon comes off about best in this storyline. Travis is hillarious!!!

Great pity that the character of, "VEN GLYND" had a different actor this time around ("RICHARD BEBB") to the original one in "THE WAY BACK" as, portrayed by ("ROBERT JAMES")!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Richard1978

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Adventure Game didn't start until a year after this was made, but it's possible the medal was hanging around when someone was looking for some insperation for some futuristic coinage.

I didn't work out Shivan's secret until the unmasking scene. Another area for fan fiction would be Shivan before being lost presumed dead.
Servalans Hair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to LOVE the Adventure Game!
As for the episode, a bit average but liked the twist of Travis being the gozzy-eyed mummy!
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Servalans Hair wrote:
I used to LOVE the Adventure Game!
As for the episode, a bit average but liked the twist of Travis being the gozzy-eyed mummy!

Gronda Gronda!!
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went off on one about this ep in this thread - http://www.blakes-7.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6339&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

But then I decided to move what I'd posted over to this forum:

I quite like Voice from the Past... well, it's a good idea at least... The man who was instrumental in getting Blake framed and sentenced to life on Cygnus Alpha returns with the story that he's now defected... he even calls Blake's trial a mockery and says he just had to bide his time. But he's apparently using the "course interceptor" to influence Blake, making Blake once again a victim of Federation mind control...

But meanwhile, Ven Glynd himself is being manipulated by Servalan, as the other figurehead which he thinks he's using is actually er... using him.... or at least Servalan is... coz it's Travis....

And that scene at the end where Servalan appears on the big screen and reveals the plot..... that's great!

Unfortunately, the rest of the episode is pants, and poorly executed pants at that, but you can't have everything...
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually "pants" is unfair.... I rather like the cheesiness of the over-the-top acting and so on...

And I like the scenes where the crew go along with Blake, even tho they think something's wrong... and then later he has to be more and more manipulative to get his way... even tho he's being manipulated himself... I guess puppetry is one of the themes of the ep.... "prrotocolll forrrr yurrrr pupppppettt"!

In the chat room just now, I was theorising that the pantomime quality (as Afro described it) of the ep reflects the distorted reality that the characters are living in... and then at the end, Servalan appears huge on the screen and reveals herself as the arch-puppeteer, making them all seem like her small playthings... she even controls the lights and the guards with her huge on-screen face....

I wanna go and watch Voice from the Past now! Probably not a good idea tho!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/code][/b]

Last edited by Little Rascal on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: