Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode B10: Voice from the Past
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Episode B10: Voice from the Past Reply with quote

I've just been watching this on DVD. There is definitely a candidate for the worst special effect - and I'm not talking about Travis' Shevan disguise, though that is bad. When Blake first beams down to the asteroid and he is walking along the planet surface in his space suit, the background is so naff it is unbelievable. Some sort of modern art painting by the look of it.

I like the Jenna/Cally slashy bit where Cally puts her arm round Jenna to take her off for a nice warm drink wink wink.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a candidate for the worst episode ever made , it`s just terrible , and the funniest bit is where Avon aims a few Karate chops at Blake`s neck ! .
white afro in space

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something not quite right about this episode isn't there? I can sense it, yet I cant point exactly to what that it (perhaps it's a range of things). It's a shame really because, potentially, there could have been a lot to like about this episode (yeah, if it had been scrapped entirely and replaced with a totally different premise - I hear the cynics argue).
But seriously, I think they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with this one. The ep had a lot going for it, the eerie administration types who wanted the federation brought down, Blake's mind being telepathically controlled and Sevalan's cinematic showdown (which, if you ask me, had serious totalitarian cred). But alas, it used these features to just fluff about for 50 minutes. Any thoughts out there?
BoxBrownie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah... in short - i think it was 'the' worst episode i've seen, sorry end transmission.

Restore The Teleport!!!
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travuis is the problem for me. Why is he aiding Servalan once more? Why not wait until the others teleported down to the conference centre and then easily gained control of the Liberator?

Also, we know from Weapon that Travis is barely able to conain himself when in Blake's proximity, so how does he hold out so long here?

Also, why even bother controlling Blake's mind? He would have agreed to the alliance when contacted.

The idea of Travis disguised as Shivan works better than the script indicates and there is an eerie atmosphere regarding the conference centre scene.
Kaz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one of my favs, but what if the federation/servalan were still capable of controlling the minds of blake and avon right up to the end.....stupid idea i know, but would explain the last episode a lot more!
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaz wrote:
Not one of my favs, but what if the federation/servalan were still capable of controlling the minds of blake and avon right up to the end.....stupid idea i know, but would explain the last episode a lot more!

I think the version with you playing Vila is better
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kaz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Gaz as Blake, who couldn't stop laughing!!!!!
QuincyMD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and why don't Jenna and Cally teleport Travis into space? They did it in Hostage but here they just teleport Travis down to the Conference.

....and doesn't Vila kill all those extras by shutting the door and sticking a cabinet across it before they can get in?
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuincyMD wrote:
...and why don't Jenna and Cally teleport Travis into space? They did it in Hostage but here they just teleport Travis down to the Conference.

....and doesn't Vila kill all those extras by shutting the door and sticking a cabinet across it before they can get in?

Why Is Mountain Dew p*** Colour?
Davecabs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched Voice From The Past - and it is definitely one of the worst episodes. It was just a filler before the Star One trilogy - Blake even says at the end that they should get back to hunting for Star One.

Surely if they could control Blake's mind, why didn't they get him to beam Travis on board when everyone was asleep - he could have shot everyone in their sleep and buggered off in the Liberator.

That would have made a better plot...

Did anyone fail to spot that Chevan was actually Travis???
Futsie
!PRINT!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davecabs wrote:

errrr...
Davecabs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsie wrote:
Davecabs wrote:

errrr...

Enough said...

BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode gives B7 a bad name - and Avon`s karate chop at Blake`s neck was hilariously funny !
SHARPBLUE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the thing Chevan is wearing around his nck is a DROGNA from the BBC series "The Adventure Game"

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk & about.me/markkeen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: