Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode B3: Weapon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one's always bothered me too, Richard. There must have been some way of determining who your target was though or Blake's threat to Servie that she was also marked and she'd better be careful (or whatever he said) wouldn't have amounted to much because she'd have known that if he pressed the button to get her - he and his friends would also fry as they too were 'marked'.

I usually decide not to think too deeply about such things when I watch this episode.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake, Avon and Vila were further away from Servalan than the trooper and we had already been told by Coser that you set the range.

What bothers me more is that Travis was closer to Servalan than the trooper who was killed - Travis had been already marked by Servalan - why wasn't he killed?
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdarwent wrote:
Blake, Avon and Vila were further away from Servalan than the trooper and we had already been told by Coser that you set the range.

What bothers me more is that Travis was closer to Servalan than the trooper who was killed - Travis had been already marked by Servalan - why wasn't he killed?

It`s why this episode is such a duffer !
SpaceCommanderTravis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another episode with flaws but a great story and lots of action and suspense. One of my favourite season 2 eps
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah - this is another one I cant get to grips with - all that clonemaster nonsense and the new Travis came as a shock -all postering and posing. and Servalan getting really into her total campness ! A poor story and a poor ending - why not just use that Imipak thing on the crew when they were in sights hey Servalan ? and how come Travis was`nt affected when he`d been marked ? JUST RUBBISH !
Simon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to laugh everytime I see that vampire-looking guy in it. I'm sure that they could have found a better costume for him than that one.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well B7 was`nt really renowned for its wonderful costumes was it !
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon
Quote:
I have to laugh everytime I see that vampire-looking guy in it. I'm sure that they could have found a better costume for him than that one.

"Well now," - Do you mean "CLONE MASTER FEN'S" - "VAMPIRE BAT" looking outfit??

Actually, "KATHLEEN BYRON" was in a Vampire movie with "PETER CUSHING" called, "TWINS OF EVIL" (SO, it kinda fits that image )

Perhaps, it was to show the link between the "CLONE MASTER'S" and, "MUTOIDS" (being like, "FEDERATION" VAMPIRES)

Anyway, WE "VAMPIRES" RULE in more places than you think, don't WE!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those huge letters are weird !
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE
Quote:
Those huge letters are weird !

NOT THE ONLY THING AROUND IN HERE THEN, ARE THEY!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three things that stand put about this episode.

1. Brian Croucher. His worst peformance here and sadly he never really got much better. It's not entirely his fault as I doubt anyone could have been as good as Grief in the role. The major problem with Travis 2 is that he simply isn't menacing enough. His anger seems more like a stroppy tantrum.

2. Servalan. This is the first episode in which she is referred to by name and it's probably quite significant. Although we have seen her scheming and flirtig in series 1, Weapon is where her character is really established. Her relationship with Carnell allows us to see her being simultaneously charming and ruthless. Her vanity is also apparent in both her elaborate outfit and her delighted response to Carnell telling her she is 'the sexiest officer he has ever known'. Her casual killing of the Federation gaurd also introduces her casual attitude to killing underlings.

3. Carnell. A great character who should have come back. Scott Fredericks peformance is brilliant, full of enigmatic looks and quirky mannerisms. Although he's attracted to Servalan, he's clearly quite taken with the young gaurd who 'saves his life'.
I'm glad the Kaldor City CD's have picked up his story.

As for the good guys...well who cares? Much like the superb Revalation of the Daleks, this a story where the villains are far more important than the heroes!
ilieva

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the line concerning the power is leading in this episode. I agree with most of the things you already mentioned.
I only have some considerations about the weapon. There are two possible explanations of its control.

1) If it kills from a determined by the holder distance, there could be theoretically at least one marked person that is not supposed to be killed at the same moment. Meanwhile, when Travis is going to push the button and kill Blake and the others, comes Rachel and says "Don't press it. You are both marked." It wouldn't make sense if the weapon works on fixed distance (in this case it should've been distance to the orbit where the Liberator is).

2) If it's supplied with flexible database with all marked persons under unique numbers. In this case the weapon would be most effective.
As the remote control is supplied with a complicated keyboard, it probably could be used to choose the exact target.
This could explain why Servalan could kill only the trooper as a demonstration of the weapon to Blake when also Travis and the three of the crew were already marked.
But still cannot explain why Rashel says that "Don't press it. You are both marked." and they obey.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilieva wrote:
2) If it's supplied with flexible database with all marked persons under unique numbers. In this case the weapon would be most effective.
As the remote control is supplied with a complicated keyboard, it probably could be used to choose the exact target.
This could explain why Servalan could kill only the trooper as a demonstration of the weapon to Blake when also Travis and the three of the crew were already marked.
But still cannot explain why Rashel says that "Don't press it. You are both marked." and they obey.

Perhaps there's also a "Select all Targets within a Specified Range option". That would mean you could either kill an individual target or take out all targets within the range of your choice, giving added flexibility.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardWho wrote:
ilieva wrote:

Perhaps there's also a "Select all Targets within a Specified Range option". That would mean you could either kill an individual target or take out all targets within the range of your choice, giving added flexibility.

Well perheaps the creator (I can't remember his name) of IMIPAK had some kind of failsafe, or perheaps told Rashel a secret about the gun. (Although in his state of mind...)
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceCommanderTravis wrote:
Another episode with flaws but a great story and lots of action and suspense. One of my favourite season 2 eps

Exactly. We get the jist of the story, and sometimes it's what's between the lines that's important more than little details. And remember the episode has a time limit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: