Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode B3: Weapon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Episode B3: Weapon Reply with quote

Just been watching Weapon on my shiny new DVDs. It always amuses me the scene where Blake, Gan and Avon all individually stop in that gap in the yard just long enough for Travis to get a clear shot and mark them with Imipak.

I love the irony of this episode - Travis at last outwits Blake only to be in turn outwitted by Blake's clone.

And I wish we'd seen more of the monster with the claw.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now re-watching Weapon. I hadn't realised before that the phrase "the weapon protects itself" was used in the episode in reference to two different weapons - the art of cloning and Imipak. So, when at the end it is used in reference to Imipak, the suggestion is that the first mention was also in reference to Imipak, whereas it wasn't. A little loose writing methinks.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
white afro in space

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the comment (or comments) were just showing a link between IMIPAK and cloning. In other words, cloning can be one serious weapon if left lying about for any munchkin to find.

There is a lot to like about this episode. I watched it recently (and was surprised to find no thread about it - well done Steve!) and I enjoyed it much more than the first time I saw it. Notice how Servalan gets a real kick playing with IMIPAK, like it's some plaything. As for Blake clone: what a champion!!! "All life is linked" (or whatever the exact quote was)
callyfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also one of my favorits for several reasons. Travis killing the first Blake clone as quick as a thought. I never liked the second Travis because he looked too young to have blake as an enemy. I also liked the bond slaves attitude about everything. I forgot the blake clone even existed. Maybe it was he who was killed by AVon? I think the claw creature was an experiment gone bad. It killed everyone on the planet. I also like how the actors paused just long enough to get marked. Servalan was the first real evil woman in TV history in my opinion who was as sexy as she was evil. I would love to see her and Jane Badler as Diana in V go at it. oh well . b][/b]
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're forgetting Catwoman.

Weapon is fine, although it's a bit plot heavy.

However, given the budget for special effects, I for one am glad we did not see more of that claw monster! Lest anyone doubt me, remember the Phibians in Orac and the hooverbag monster in The Harvest of Kairos, Saymon in The Web, the eponymous Moloch.... Need I say more?
Concrete

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did stand remarkably conveniently to be marked for destruction

If Servalan had killed the Blake clone and the Bond slave when she had the chance the plan would have worked.
Rojblake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnell was one of the best guest characters the entire show had. I would have liked to have known more about the puppeteers. I am very glad that we did not see anymore of the claw monster, it was a bit too Dr. Who as it was

And what actually happened to the weapon anyway? It is never talked about, referenced or used again as far as I remember. As to them waiting to be marked. It could be one of those things when the first guy has to get to a certain point before the one following can proceed, covering fire if needed and all that.

I found the whole Clone thing interesting but the clone masters were a real pain in the neck and all that annoying screaming or wailing or whatever it was with that terrible music - yuck.

I can take or leave Weapon.
Davecabs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the episode Weapon. Ok there were some flaws - silly large claw and the Clone Masters being two of them. But I liked the concept of marking people then killing them. Also Carnell was such a great character it is worth watching it just for him.

Travis, though, is just so out of character in this story - all he seems to do is shout, it's a real shame that Stephen Greif could not have been brought back or SCT could not have been killed during the Orac episode.
kristin724

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off what I remember about Weapon is the costumes! What is that thing around the guys neck!

Even though Imipak was never mentioned again, there is an infinite number of setups to fall back on with Blake clones. Even though Gareth Thomas would never want to hear that!
Mr Love

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rojblake wrote:
And what actually happened to the weapon anyway? It is never talked about, referenced or used again as far as I remember. .

Excuse me, but, I believe a devise working something like the one in weapon is used by Servalan in "Children of Auron" --the episode wherein she slaughters the population of Auron.

She uses the devise on two of her stooges there though.

I think there is a similarity between that devise and the one in "Weapon."
SHARPBLUE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concrete wrote:
They did stand remarkably conveniently to be marked for destruction

If Servalan had killed the Blake clone and the Bond slave when she had the chance the plan would have worked.

Especially when Avon runs into the gap (completely overacting) get's marked then runs off - I love this episode.

Visit me at www.mkeen.f9.co.uk & about.me/markkeen
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I found fascinating about the episode was the quasi-religious cult around the Clone Masters. It makes a nice contrast to the ``production line'' cloning found in Brave new World and Star Wars Episode II.

Also, there is a great little analysis of the episode to be found here:

http://www.kaldorcity.com/features/antecedents/weapon.html

The focus upon the class distinctions is particularly good analysis.
luskentyre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Love wrote:
Rojblake wrote:
And what actually happened to the weapon anyway? It is never talked about, referenced or used again as far as I remember. .

Excuse me, but, I believe a devise working something like the one in weapon is used by Servalan in "Children of Auron" --the episode wherein she slaughters the population of Auron.

She uses the devise on two of her stooges there though.

I think there is a similarity between that devise and the one in "Weapon."

I never thought about that before - but you're right. I always thought it was strange how Servalan just pushed a button and they died, but it could have been a variation of IMIPAK.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this episode again last night. I think the biggest flaw is that when Servalan uses Imipak to kill the Federation soldier in order to demonstrate it to Blake, which aren't Blake, Avon and Gan killed at the same time? They closer than the Fed soldier. Or does Imipak have some way of selecting individual targets.
dave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my impression was it had a range setting - ie you could kill everyone marked within a few metres, or a few kilometres...

Have to watch it again ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: