Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

B7 THIS 'N' THAT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirJaunty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: HobGobln has a point Reply with quote

This reply from Hobgoblin seems nearer the mark, with regard to how the personalities changed after the end of season two.
Once Avon had shouted 'Fire!', more than the Liberator and 80% of Federated ships were destroyed.
Servalan did indeed become more camp and more of a parody of her formal self (if she could have gotten away with a top hat and a twisty mouctache then I think she would).
Avon became more sinister, and certainly a lot more paranoid - although for me, I think this was more a natural evolution of his personal traits considering what is demanded from him and the introduction of Tarrant hightens this. So its difficult to say which Avon I prefer as his character essentially doesn't change in the way that the others do.

I mean look at Villa, his part went all over the place, from drunken Scooby-Doo cowardess to moments of outstanding bravery ( remember his Kung-Fu skills anyone?
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sir Jaunty. You are new on this board, aren't you? Welcome and I hope you enjoy some of our discussions. My sentiments regarding the Servalan character are much the smae as yours; it was much more effective to have her as a Machiavellian plotter. One of the interesting things about Blake is that it oscillates so much between the dystopian, terrorist drama of The Way Back, Seek-Locate-Destroy and much of Season One and the high camp of later stories. Aspects such as Servalan going into hiding as Sleer could have been handled much more effectively. Instead of hiding on her own, she could have rallied her loyalists around her and started her own guerilla war to reclaim power, like so many deposed dictators. Even a fugitive like Radovan Karazdic is sure to hhave a good network of supporters around him. Anyway, looking forward to hearing more of your contributions.
ZEN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the length of this here thread, methinks I'd better start afresh @ B7 THIS 'N' THAT (partII)!! - So what ya waiting for .........

nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning.

B7 Episodes watched since January 2017 = 95
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37

Jump to: