Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode A6: Seek-Locate-Destroy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfordcar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this episode, I think its the best of Series 1.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I plan to introduce a friend to B7 by showing "Cygnus Alpha" followed by "Seek Locate Destroy", as a way of introducing the show and the characters.
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This and Duel are my favorite episodes of series one. Stephen Grief is outstanding in both - menacing and intriguing in equal measure.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really the FIRST REAL EPISODE of B7, this is where it really kicks in after the gritty and slow build up of the first five episodes!
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's a good point BC. The crew are all in place and the introduction of Servalan and Travis completes the format.
alastairward

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroach Boy wrote:
It's also an interesting indication of the attitudes to disability in SF and Nation's in particular

Interesting, I think Trek did an episode about a wheelchair bound character who gets off with one of the crew in zero-G, can't remember if it was well done or not. And then of course there's everyone's favourite, Fleet Captain Pike

pna wrote:
I just watched this last week.

Did anyone think it odd that whilst the gate to the site had a sophisticated voice recognition system, the control panel to the gate's lock didn't have any form of protection - not even a padlock

I just watched it at lunch time, when I was supposed to be finishing off a few references to an essay on biometric passports. After studying that, I can assure you that you shouldn't think the Federation's security measures odd
boroboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
Well it was quite a good idea, I think it could have realy made more of an impact if the design was better. I.e. it had a big gun which spurts out flames. That have been inhansed by a realy good design.

It really isn't a good idea. It could set on fire the actual base it is there to protect. And does so in this very episode!
boroboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on this fab episode....
1. Blakes absolutely terrible planning surfaces again. Why is he issuing orders after they teleport. Surely it would be better to plan what to do before the raid?
2. Blake wants "total destruction" but doesn't get it. This causes problems. Maybe the crew are just figuring out how liberator style explosives work?
3. Lots of nice federation background. Bercol and Rontane give us some political background. Rey lets us know that the federation military do not support Travis total war approach. We need this to make it plausible that the federation could be overcome. That there is hope. That there is a system in place to prevent the lies of servelan becoming dictators. This all changes later, of course.
4. Travis shows that he is not just another stupid "baddie". He thinks and finds out WHY Blake attacked. He also understands Blake and knows he will return for Cally. Unlike almost all TV villains, he actually has a sensible plan. He just gets outsmarted by Blake. Plus, other federation personel are capable of overcoming one of our heroes by being smart, fast and organized when Cally is attacked. Plus this same technician figures out what is missing. This just makes Blakes victories seem more real. His enemy actually has some sense and capabilities. This almost never happens in TV land.
5. Lastly, Blake should have killed travis so as to prevent the Andromedan invasion that decimated the federation and led to huge loss of life.
thunda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why Cally didn't telepahically contact one of the crew when she notices her bracelet is missing. I don't think the recipient has to be in her line of sight but perhaps she has to know the general location?
RichardWho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. Perhaps her telepathic powers don't work so well when she's rendered unconscious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: