Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode A5: The Web
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davecabs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Episode A5: The Web Reply with quote

Well, what can I say about this one? Rivetting watch? or utter tosh?

Just watched it tonight and I personally feel it is the latter. What a ridiculous story, watch a ludicrous large head and small body, and what a dreadful race of creatures in the Decimas.

The beginning's quite good where Cally is possessed and turns against the crew but then it deteriorates. This is very much a running round corridors, running through forest and doing precisely nothing episode.

Does anyone disagree with me on this?

Roll on "Seek-Locate-Destroy" and the debut of Servalan and a certain Space Commander Travis. Can't wait!
Steve Rogerson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree basically. The early part where Cally is sabotaging the ship etc is very good, but after that it is rubbish. The only exception is the conversation between Blake and Avon in the woods were Avon shows his clear judgement of Decimas v us, the Decimas lose.
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/steve.rogerson

Hail Og: Ruler of the Universe (Feb 2005-2007)

Redemption 15, 20-22 February 2015
http://www.smof.com/redemption
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kaz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Steve. They should have used Cally a lot more in this. As for the head in a fish tank !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davecabs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, some of the lines are quite good. I particularly like the dazed Vila saying, after being hit by Cally, "All I said was what do you think of the outfit."

The scene between Blake and Avon shows how the priorities of the two differ. Throughout this episode you get some conflict between the principle two. Blake is barking orders every few minutes and Avon responds with "There will come a time when he won't be making the decisions."

The plot becomes quite ridiculous and Saymon is a really unbelievable character particularly with the ludicrous plasticene-looking body of his.
Davecabs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaz wrote:
I agree Steve. They should have used Cally a lot more in this. As for the head in a fish tank !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean the evil Saymon?
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
terrible zodin
Poser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't watch this story often, but wen i do, i kinda enjoy it. Its a crap concept but as you've said the sabotage bit is good, and then it gets laughable, which is gr8 to take the mickey out of

SpaceCommanderTravis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant stand this episode and I think its the worst in the entire show. Snore. This is sooooooooooooooo boooooooooooring. It has a couple of good lines but that hardly makes up for a little bloke in a jar with a big head seem like a good villain and the decimas are unbelievable crap too. I really hate this episode.
RichardWho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of this story. It's the sort of general space encounter (ie Star Trek!) type episode that's all too common in Season 3. The best episodes in S1 are the ones in the general anti-Federation story arc.
Turnidus
Demon Driver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, The Web. Easily the worst episode of Season 1. As others have said, there are some good bits with Cally and the sabotage, but the episode as a whole is let down by the laughable man in a jar. The concept is quite interesting, but is let down by the poor bits - the web itself, the man in a jar, the decimas themselves (or squeeky people as Gareth Thomas refers to them). I won't not watch it, but it is never my first choice to be watched.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have chosen to watch it myself but we're watching season one in order. Well, it can only get better, next up is Seek-Locate-Destroy. Now I'm sure I remember a couple of good characters in that one.
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, THE WEB suffers from a definite lack of money when it comes to the effects and the costumes. Especially, when it comes to Saymon!!! Hence that's why they only ended up with the actor's head showing above that ridiclous body.

Quite like the, DECIMASfor the comic aspects!!! Remember, the first time I watched this - a voice of one of the character's bugged me because it was so familiar from somewhere else and, wasn't till seeing the credits I realised why. MILES FOTHERGILL (NOVARA) did the voice of SV7 in, ROBOTS OF DEATH - which, somewhat detracted this weak storyline for me.

AGREE the best parts of this are when is doing sabotage as a result of being under the influence of external forces!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine wrote:
Sadly, THE WEB suffers from a definite lack of money when it comes to the effects and the costumes. Especially, when it comes to Saymon!!! Hence that's why they only ended up with the actor's head showing above that ridiclous body.

Quite like the, DECIMASfor the comic aspects!!! Remember, the first time I watched this - a voice of one of the character's bugged me because it was so familiar from somewhere else and, wasn't till seeing the credits I realised why. MILES FOTHERGILL (NOVARA) did the voice of SV7 in, ROBOTS OF DEATH - which, somewhat detracted this weak storyline for me.

AGREE the best parts of this are when is doing sabotage as a result of being under the influence of external forces!!!

That`s the sort of special effect that has given B7 a really bad name over the years ! .
Davecabs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
That`s the sort of special effect that has given B7 a really bad name over the years ! .

Do you blame anyone for giving that effect the thumbs down. Saymon hardly conjured up terror in the crew of the Liberator!

Surely when they made it, someone must have realised it looked crap!
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And remember Davecabs " Those little things were very annoying " , as you have be well aware of in the past ! .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: