Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Episode A4: Time Squad
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solstice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
SpaceCommanderTravis wrote:
I like Time Squad, i think its a good episode, although Jenna doing poor acting in this and not being believable or being unbelievable stupid spoils it a little. Although that outfit she wears makes up for it a little bit

Yeah , but it`s supposed to be set in the future - so why does Jenna dress up like my Mum did in the 70`S ? .

Did your mum dress u funny 2
thunda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to say about this episode.Some parts were good,and some parts were awful.It starts off good with Jenna training the crew how to pilot Liberator.It continues with the dialogue on the bridge.

AVON:"That falls a little short of my idea of a thorough discussion."

Priceless!

The pilotless spacecraft is pretty much standard in scifi,but that's no reason not to try it.Zen being uncooperative was a nice touch.Avon having to manually pilot the Liberator to save Blake was okay(hey,you have to get the ship inside somehow or the plot doesn't work).Things start to get bogged down once it's just Gan and Jenna,but it's still watchable.When the alien attacks it gets bad real quick.The only reason I don't fast forward it is because I'm focused on that outfit Jenna's wearing .It gets better when Cally enters the picture,alot better.The "tough chick" wasn't done in American scifi back then.I loved the whole "destroy until I am destroyed" attitude! All the scenes with Cally were good.Unfortunately we get taken back to the Liberator and it gets even worse than before.The limiter subplot didn't make much sense to me considering how he was throwing his weight around the previous two episodes.All in all,I enjoyed it just for Cally's performance.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is prettty dull stuff , only the attack on the fed installation is worth it , that secondary story involving that space crew on The Liberator is boring !
hobgoblin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me more about Klein and Selman? Were they originally to be part of the 7. I know that for budgetary reasons, Zen was considered a crewmember? What were these two like? What were their cirminal offences?
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else read the theories in Liberation that this epuisode shows Gan's limiter is in place to stop him attacking women? I have quite mixed views about Liberation (the whole anti-Vila thing was a bit annoying and I just don't accept the writers views that Steed was a pro-feminist) but looking at the episode again I can certainly see where they are coming from. The are inconsistincies in Gan's story and he does seem to be deliberately leaving Jenna in danger.

Also, why couldn't have stayed as alien as she is in her debut? Only Sarcophogus and Shadow gave her the chance to be so unearthly and in both those cases she was possessed. I've just bought the Jan Chapell Mythmakers DVD , so I'll be interested to see if she has any opinions on the matter.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched this the other night -two stories in one . loved it when Blake barked out "ENOUGH AVON ! " and Kerr cowered at the power behind it !
Cockroach Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:
Watched this the other night -two stories in one . loved it when Blake barked out "ENOUGH AVON ! " and Kerr cowered at the power behind it !

I think you are confusing 'cowered' with 'sneered' BC!!
Richard1978

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first watched this I assumed Avon's claim that the teleport had broken was a ploy to get rid of Blake & Jenna. He seemed to get more reasonable later on though.

The guardian's outfits make them look like rejects from the Village People, especially the one with the handlebar mustache.

Blake & co are working against the clock to blow the installation up, which could be another explanation of Time Squad.

This episode is the first to feature the picnic/equipment box, & possibly the first double entendre in the show.
pickle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:

Blake was really arrogant in this episode. I thought Avon was great.
thunda

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CALLY They released poison from the sky. All the fighters died, except me. Perhaps because I am alien to this planet

This is a good, no cost way to show Cally is an alien without using expensive makeup or special effects. Assuming that the poison was some type of genetically modified weapon that only kills humans it wouldn't have the same on a non human physiology which gives her a distinct advantage, almost a super power. Unfortunately the following writers never used this and instead made her into a liability for being alien.
boroboy

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great episode fir group dynamics. At both the beginning and the end Blake decides on his own where the Liberator will go next. And Jenna has learned from Blake to only tell people what you want them to know when she doesn't mention being attacked. Blakes discussion at the beginning of the episode about how plans will be discussed is clearly nonsense. This causes some friction with his best mate Avon.
There is also increased bonding between Blake and Jenna - they hugged in the last episode and he touches her in this episode before they teleport - there certainly seems to be a Blake + Jenna against Avon. And doesn't he know it - see his reaction to Jenna's complement about his flying. But then we get a scene that is typical of why I love this show... after being all cozy with Blake Jenna is still unsure about becoming a "rebel".
Zen reveals some of his complexity here - it would like to tell the crew about the dangers of the alien craft - but can't get the words out - instead he shuts down automatic controls.
Last observation for now - I thought the location scenes were excellent for the trip down to Saurian Major.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: