Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

Gauda Prime Deaths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
>CarnÚll<

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Gauda Prime Deaths Reply with quote

I Was Just Thinking of These, And I Didn't Realise How Symbolic Each Death Had Been.

Dayna - She Tried For A Gun, And Failed. Just Shows How Often She Tries Things Alone, She Always Ends Up Failing. She Can Never Quite Cut It.

Vila - Surprise Shot In The Back, Unfair Shot In The Back As He Had No Idea, Just Like His Life, Completely Unfair, Often Stabbed In The Back & Given The Dirty Lowhanded Side of Life.

Soolin - Took Out Federation Guards In A Game of Survival, But Was Eventually Gunned Down, Showing How She Is Strong Independantly & Has A Good Sense of Survival But Was Out of Her League In This One.

Tarrant - I Notice How He Shot Soolin's Killer & Then Headed too Avon. This Shows Tarrant Views Himself As Part of A Group, He Knows Without Avon They Don't Stand A Chance, Just As Much As Killing Soolin's Killer Was Probarly About Revengue As Well As Survival.

Avon - Is He Dead, Is He Alive, The Uncertainity Is Just Like Avon, As We Never Quite Know With Avon What Is Truely Going On.
Rojblake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting analysis there. It certainly does seem to make some sense, to me anyway.
Rhiannon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Gauda Prime Deaths Reply with quote

>CarnÚll< wrote:
I Was Just Thinking of These, And I Didn't Realise How Symbolic Each Death Had Been.

Dayna - She Tried For A Gun, And Failed. Just Shows How Often She Tries Things Alone, She Always Ends Up Failing. She Can Never Quite Cut It.

Vila - Surprise Shot In The Back, Unfair Shot In The Back As He Had No Idea, Just Like His Life, Completely Unfair, Often Stabbed In The Back & Given The Dirty Lowhanded Side of Life.

Soolin - Took Out Federation Guards In A Game of Survival, But Was Eventually Gunned Down, Showing How She Is Strong Independantly & Has A Good Sense of Survival But Was Out of Her League In This One.

Oh Crap! Save it okay? They just did a knee jerk reaction!
Dayna was supposed to be a gun developer; Avon was a brainiac.
So why the hells bells did they not develop some super weapon to
save their collective arses?
American version <Interchangable names>Vila wakes up after looting
the liquor cabinet head throbbing. Saying "It was 0ooonly a dream"
Same applies to the next two subjects below my post...
I am in your post OMGod Screammmmmm

Tarrant - I Notice How He Shot Soolin's Killer & Then Headed too Avon. This Shows Tarrant Views Himself As Part of A Group, He Knows Without Avon They Don't Stand A Chance, Just As Much As Killing Soolin's Killer Was Probarly About Revengue As Well As Survival.

Avon - Is He Dead, Is He Alive, The Uncertainity Is Just Like Avon, As We Never Quite Know With Avon What Is Truely Going On.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting I could tell you my opinion but most of it would be made up!
inge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise Tarrant shot Soolin's killer.
Assuming they are dead of course.
The only ones who were shot dead were Dayna and Blake so far as I could tell.
Vila could have fallen over, Soolin may have been stunned as there was no blood, unlike Dayna, who was obviously shot.
Tarrant was in trouble even before he got shot due to his injuries.
Picard
The Chocolate Eater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tarrent was dieing of injuries even before he got shot,(crash landing on Guanda prime)
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As, Tarrant was the only crew member separated from the others and, was seriously injured by the time found him.

IF he'd died before then - it would have made it kinda, difficult for to know for definite of Avon 's arrival on GP, etc.

Also, without Tarrant - to say :Blake: had betrayed them all to the FEDERATION etc - even Avon -WHO else could have done that???

Hence, Tarrant not the favourite of most folk was picked to do that - having to survive long enough to get shot!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own take is that Dayna and Blake are definitely dead, Tarrant collapsed just before he was shot so is possibly still alive, Soolin is probably dead but could just be injured.

Vila is the odd one and it's very likely he took a dive. Evidence for this is in analysing the way he fell and the position of the guard who shot him. He was behind Vila and appeared to shoot him in the back. Although Federation rifles appear to be energy weapons, the bolt they actually shoot performs as a projectile does, the inertia of the shot carrying the victim in the direction of the shot fired. Shot in the back - fall forwards and vice versa. Vila was shot in the back yet fell backwards when he should have fallen forwards. Verdict: playing possum.

Deva - now, Deva shouldn't count but he was as much a follower of Blake as Avon and Vila had been. Arlen appeared to aim for his head, but he collapsed clutching his stomach. Whether that's just bad acting or what, my own opinion is that Deva survived to end up a prisoner.

"Good job you're not a better shot, Lieutenant."

Avon - very much still alive.

The final shots over the credits were added in post production so don't really count. Although my PGP has very good reasons for them being there. [/i]
terrible zodin
Poser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGP?
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGP = Post Gauda Prime. Catch all name for any fiction that continues the series post "Blake"

PWB = Pre Way Back. Catch all name for any fiction that details the lives of the various main cast memberds before the series began.
Stuart the Cool Person

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrible zodin wrote:
PGP?

Post Gauda Prime - a common abbreviation for fan fiction set after the events in "Blake".
Stuart the Cool Person

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Gauda Prime Deaths Reply with quote

>CarnÚll< wrote:

I don't know about revenge, but Tarrant is very team-orientated. Probably a result of his military background. I disagree that they "didn't stand a chance" without Avon - by that time he was a liability. If Tarrant had got away, you could imagine him leading a new group and doing OK for himself.

>CarnÚll< wrote:

Avon's dead. He's Swiss cheese. Every cloud's got a silver lining.
Stuart the Cool Person

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picard wrote:
I think Tarrent was dieing of injuries even before he got shot,(crash landing on Guanda prime)

I'd say he was a bit too active for someone close to collapse - running around and assaulting people. If he was suffering from blood loss or whatever, you'd expect him to stagger around a bit then fall over.

I like Tarrant as much as anyone (except Servalan and Zeeona) but I'm afraid he took a hit.
inge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Janov Seldon on this one.
But Stuart has a point too, which I also wondered about. if Tarrant was so injured in the crash, (and it looked pretty bad straight after Scorpio went down) he got away from Blake fairly easy.
Did Blake give Tarrant some medical attention which wasn't shown?

Carnell also has a good point too.
Tarrant knows that Avon is what makes the group a team.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Episode Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: